Torbjorn Going To Be Nerfed

Maxie_M0us3

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/26/overwatch-torbjorn-getting-nerfed-consoles/

According to PlayStation LifeStyle, Torbjörn is going to be Nerfed during July or something due to complains from console players, reducing his turrets' damages to 30%!

I must be honest. What the hell is wrong with console players?!!! Why do they suck hard?! I mean, I did own PC version first and I loved damn much this game that I bought it on PS4 as well (when I'm alone, pwning some console players. And TROPHIES too I admit! xD). So you can imagine I got experiences before I jumped into PS4 version, I just highed up camera sensitivity, switched between L2/R2 and L1/R1 inputs and there it works well. :) Since I played PS4, I expected a bunch of lonely wolves caring only for kills and not the objective, double or more the same character, using the wrong role, etc. And really, is it that hard for them to avoid or destroy his turrets? I do destroy them with ease.

Because of complains like them, many Trophy hunters will have a bad time doing Torbjörn related trophies legit... >_> (I have done them hopefully...) I feel bad for them though...

Edited by Max654

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/26/overwatch-torbjorn-getting-nerfed-consoles/

According to PlayStation LifeStyle, Torbjörn is going to be Nerfed during July or something due to complains from console players, reducing his turrets' damages to 30%!

I must be honest. What the hell is wrong with console players?!!! Why do they suck hard?! I mean, I did own PC version first and I loved damn much this game that I bought it on PS4 as well (when I'm alone, pwning some console players. And TROPHIES too I admit! xD). So you can imagine I got experiences before I jumped into PS4 version, I just highed up camera sensitivity, switched between L2/R2 and L1/R1 inputs and there it works well. :) Since I played PS4, I expected a bunch of lonely wolves caring only for kills and not the objective, double or more the same character, using the wrong role, etc. And really, is it that hard for them to avoid or destroy his turrets? I do destroy them with ease.

Because of complains like them, many Trophy hunters will have a bad time doing Torbjörn related trophies legit... >_> (I have done them hopefully...) I feel bad for them though...

3 or more good Torbjörns on any attack point is really hard to deal with when your team is full of random people with no mics.

I think the 30% damage nerf won't do much, they should have nerfed the turrets range from 30m to 20-15m.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

Turret damage didn't need to be nerfed that badly.

Easy ways to lessen the effect of multiple Torb players. Cooldown on his turret only activates and counts down when his turret is destroyed. Reduce the turning speed of his turret. Could even go as far as only current turrets are effected by Molten Core and then let him have a Level 1 turret auto upgrade to Level 3 to compensate.

The problem with most people who try to argue against certain nerfs is they always look at things as a 1 on 1. It's not 1 on 1. The more you focus solely on Torb turrets the easier it is for other players to destroy you, especially since the turrets can pick you off from so far away.

A whole team of Torbjörns is a nightmare, hopefully they nerf bastion and reinhardt too...

Bastion is easy to take care of with multiple characters and Reinhardt is a joke when you play as Bastion as he forces Reinhardt to lower his shield.

• Like 1

Turret damage didn't need to be nerfed that badly.

Easy ways to lessen the effect of multiple Torb players. Cooldown on his turret only activates and counts down when his turret is destroyed. Reduce the turning speed of his turret. Could even go as far as only current turrets are effected by Molten Core and then let him have a Level 1 turret auto upgrade to Level 3 to compensate.

The problem with most people who try to argue against certain nerfs is they always look at things as a 1 on 1. It's not 1 on 1. The more you focus solely on Torb turrets the easier it is for other players to destroy you, especially since the turrets can pick you off from so far away.

Quality post. I completely despise dealing with more than 3 Torbjörns at once but such a rough damage nerf is too much. The problem to me was always that destroying the turrets was kind of pointless when he'd just put up another one immediately.

• Like 1

I feel like his damage output shouldn't nerfed but what should be nerfed is the cooldown on building his turret since as soon as I destroy their turret they build another one almost instantly. The cooldown countdown should begin after the turret is destroyed like a 5 sec cooldown. I usually don't find it too difficult in fighting Torbjorn except on Numbani when their putting three on the bottom floor and the other three in the top floor.

A whole team of Torbjörns is a nightmare

Haha that happened to me once in PC version. Me and friends we had a hard start in Hanamura against a full team of Torbjörn on defense! xD We won against their own broken strategy, it was so satisfying to show them a full team of the same character don't work! :D

Edited by Max654

I think this is unecessary. There are so many ways to deal with his turrets. Granted, if you don't know it's there it can surprise you, but most of the characters can deal with it one way or another. 

This is a reason I must say it was unnecessary to Nerf that much Torbjörn's turret. The players just need to get better by keep playing.

Looks like for console players it's easy to complain on anything. Well.... we, trophy hunters, ALL complain about online and glitchy trophies ("Lockdown" there still unobtainable) so I feel I'm from the pack too. xD

Edited by Max654

Always been curious why they even let you pick the same champion as someone else on your team.

This! Same champion shouldn't had been allowed. At all. Period.

Always been curious why they even let you pick the same champion as someone else on your team.

^ This. I play paragon and they don't let you. No reason why they can't limit or keep 1 champion per team. Especially given how popular this game is in turns of player count.

Also paragon has cross play between pc and ps4 (no idea if its on xbox), if Activision supports cross play in future then it should be considered a necessary update.

Note: I don't have Overwatch and haven't decided if I want to buy it.

This was always going to happen. Not in the way I thought it would, though. I don't mind the damage, but I thought the turret had too much range and reacted too quickly. In the turret's current state, it doesn't allow you to peek and damage it without taking damage. At least now we won't take so much when peeking, but I still believe this is the wrong way to nerf it. Either way, this nerf is way better than leaving it be.

He has been ruining games on PS4. I will assume on XB1 as well. The main issue is when teams stack him. If Blizzard didn't allow people to stack heroes, this wouldn't have been so much of a problem. It is very easy to win by stacking 3+ of him on defence.

Edited by NathanW18

I think this is really unneccessary. There are so many ways to counter Torbjorn's turrets. One easy way is with Reinhardt along with Widowmaker and/or Hanzo. If console players actually decide to act as a fucking team instead of playing this game like CoD then any combination of those three can make short work of those turrets.

Hell, I've had an easy time dealing with them myself as Junkrat and Winston. Are we co sole players REALLY that bad?

At the very least I hope the turret is the same power as it is when Molten Core is active because that's the idea of an ultimate ability.

I think this is really unneccessary. There are so many ways to counter Torbjorn's turrets. One easy way is with Reinhardt along with Widowmaker and/or Hanzo. If console players actually decide to act as a fucking team instead of playing this game like CoD then any combination of those three can make short work of those turrets.

Hell, I've had an easy time dealing with them myself as Junkrat and Winston. Are we co sole players REALLY that bad?

At the very least I hope the turret is the same power as it is when Molten Core is active because that's the idea of an ultimate ability.

PC has the chat to communicate with their team. Console does not have this. It makes it impossible to ask your team to change heroes. Almost nobody uses a mic in this game. I also refuse to believe it's never a problem for PC players when solo queueing. When people stack the turrets, you need co-ordination to take them out. If randoms won't cooperate, I'm not exactly sure how you can deal with it alone.

Seemingly you are a PC player and don't come up against these stacked teams like console players do. Well, at least far less frequently. If so many of us are complaining about this, there is probably an issue. His win stats are also outrageous for such an easy hero to play, which requires no co-ordination on defence.

• Like 1

I think this is really unneccessary. There are so many ways to counter Torbjorn's turrets. One easy way is with Reinhardt along with Widowmaker and/or Hanzo.

ok so you got 2 people vs 1 turret. Even if it just buys time i got 2 people locked for a short amount of time while your team has to fight 4 on 6.

Another way of thinking? Turret got a friend. Tracer can easily bypass the shield and finish widow and Hanzo. Same for winston. Same for reaper. Mei would have to run through or hide somewhere. Or bastion could just tear the shield down. All while Torbjörn himself can do whatever he wants.

So nerfing torb was the right decision they just might have taken the wrong way to do so imo.

Hasn't Blizzard said each character has a counter character and the whole point of Overwatch is team adaption on the fly to counter the opposing side? It's a team game, not an "I play who I want and only who I want, and if I keep dying I'm not shit, they just need nerfing!"

Not really there are always a few counters to a hero BUT there wasn't a real counter to torbs turret. Hanzo and or widow should be those counters but the turrets range is to far reaching so even this two got a little problem trying to aim at the turret before the turret just blows them away.

The problem to me was always that destroying the turrets was kind of pointless when he'd just put up another one immediately.

Exactly, can't tell you how many times I manage to get a turret only to die by a reaper who was behind me and voila, I can see the gnome already placing another turret in the same place.

I personally think a cooldown + reduce range is the way to go.

In the video posted above, the player is just training with a friend and some of those placements are not real-life friendly, so to speak. Also you may be taking the turret from a distance but then you'll have 6 players trying to kill you as well, so it's not as easy as just camping for the kill while enjoying the view.

I know some of you guys are extremely good and eat Overwatch for breakfast and I feel happy for you all; may you advance to the platinum ranks in competitive Overwatch and get sponsored by Korean companies and be millionaires by the age of 20 (I'm serious).

But some of us can't easily counter TorbJorn. We can't. We give our best, we fail.

I pick Parah, I take the turret, I get killed a split second after taking it down. TorbJorn insta-places the turret in the same spot. I repeat 4, 5 times. I give up and just wait till the match is over to leave the lobby.

It's just not easy and it's ridiculous.

At first I thought Bastion was the OP character, but nowadays I think it's been proven that Bastion is actually rather weak. But an auto-aiming, half-map range, killing machine is just not fun to deal with.

And like I've said before I think, nothing better than seeing a dead TorbJorn on POG just lying there, lifeless, while his aimbot kills 3 or 4.

I wrote all that in good spirit though. Every nerf and buff has support and opposition.

The problem with Torbjorn on consoles is that it's harder to aim quickly and precisely to deal with auto lock on sniper turrets. I honestly think nerfing him is fair, especially since he requires no skill to play and stacking him pretty much breaks the game. On PC he isn't as much of a problem, all I would want is a slight nerf to the turrets range. I hate being hit half way across the map out of nowhere

I think this is the most shocking thing about this game. It comes from Blizzard, who have a MOBA running for 2 years before Overwatch was released, where you can only have 1 of each character on a team. No doubles, not even against the AI. For some strange, bizarre reason, they just ignored that and let everyone pick the same characters for Overwatch, while ignoring the fact that even Battleborn won't let you pick the same characters in PvP mode.

I think this is the most shocking thing about this game. It comes from Blizzard, who have a MOBA running for 2 years before Overwatch was released, where you can only have 1 of each character on a team. No doubles, not even against the AI. For some strange, bizarre reason, they just ignored that and let everyone pick the same characters for Overwatch, while ignoring the fact that even Battleborn won't let you pick the same characters in PvP mode.

They've stated that the whole purpose of the game is being able to swap heroes at any time without restricting who you can pick so you can deal with whatever situation arises and effectively counter the enemy team. If the enemy team stacks heroes you're supposed to swap to a hero that works well against them and punish them for doing so. If it's you're team, you can SWAP HEROES so you don't have a stack. If you want to be stubborn and don't switch and end up getting wrecked, you completely deserve it.

The game is about countering and swapping. Fucking learn them.

• 4 weeks later...

Incredible... From the latest update today, not only Torbjörn's turrets are nerfed, but Symettra's sentries too!

Nobody asked for this. I'm so glad I finished their trophies before the patch...

Edited by Max654

Incredible... From the latest update today, not only Torbjörn's turrets are nerfed, but Symettra's sentries too!

Nobody asked for this. I'm so glad I finished their trophies before the patch...

In any case his nerf is still stupid because his aimbot can still easily kill a parah, genji, mei, tracer from all across the universe. 30% less is basically nothing for an aimbot so I don't think anybody missing his trophy will have a hard time.