Why i will never platinum this game.

DeadlyHawk78

Ok so too start i have to say this. I got this game as a one day rental i bought some games and had a dollar left so i decided why not get a free platinum. Well.... that did not turn out so well i got the game expecting every enemy too die very quickly and expecting my character to take 1000s of hits to kill even on hard since people say this game is so easy. but no to my surprize you die in like 3 seconds with one fuck up. I got the first level done easy but getting from level 2 too 3 took me almost 2 hours check my timestamps. Then it took me till the next day too beat level 3. With my rental running out i tried to hurry then i came across the fight with the 2 terminators that shit is not fair one punch and i am dead one wrong movement i am shot and then i am dead after trying this one battle for 3 HOURS!!!!! I rage quit and returned the game and promised myself i would never play it again. So thats my story lol i hope you enjoyed it or found it funny.

Edited by DeadlyHawk78
  • Like 3

I had troubles with this game too, I was a casual gamer back then. Getting used to the cover mechanics took some time because I hadn't seem them before. Most of my time I spent trying to beat the stairwell sequence, I had to learn where the enemies move, to aim properly (and get lucky with it too) because if the swarm of T-1000s get too close they indeed hit through walls and stunlock you while at it. @DeadlyHawk78's biggest problem is he's letting them get too close.

I didn't witness any glitches, but the game scripting was something to tell about. In the last chapter I kept getting shot to bits as soon I climbed up from the ground level, I though that's because my teammates kept dying and didn't draw fire. I restarted the level multiple times until I learned where the Terminators come and deal with them before they could kill the teammates.

That only lead to teammates dying out of the blue, scripted to do so. Christ.

Pop-up shooting, camping, cheesing the cheap AI, this game is indeed "easy" once you know the oldest tricks in the book. I thought my 6+ hours plat time was pretty good, people are doing it in little over 30 minutes! I agree with @Mournblade05143, the difficulty ratings for example PST has voted for feature experienced gamers and what comes easy for them, comes difficult for someone still learning his way around. It gets easier from there I promise :)

The easy difficulty rating comes from the fact you can do a single play through and get all the trophies. The game will kick your ass though... but if you've got a second controller and a buddy you can co-op the whole thing. I actually liked the game, it wasn't grade A great, but for the 10 bucks or so I paid for it... it was enjoyable.

I do think the game is very easy, I've earned the platinum for it 3 times in my life. In 2009, on one of my early and terrible PSN accounts, I bought the game because it was appealing to see 11 gold trophies in a game, when I only had like 5 gold trophies overall and when I told my friends I got the game so I could plat it they said "it's got to be difficult, the trophy list is too good to be true", but I still managed to platinum it in a day. I dislike this game a lot but even when I was a shitty gamer kid I managed to platinum it without much of an issue. I don't think I'm good at shooters at all, the reason I did Vanquish is because trophy hunters kept telling me I wasn't able to do it but at least Vanquish is a good game, Terminator Salvation is a terrible game but worth it for the trophy haul. 

• Like 3

The trophy set is easy, the game itself isn't overly hard, but it's no walk in the park either.   I enjoyed it, contrary to all the flak it gets, it had some nice set-pieces here and there.   Take most opinions of 'easy' with a pinch of salt, what's easy for one might not be easy for another, and it's amazing how many people will stress, swear at their TV, throw their controller around and generally pull their hair out getting a Plat...only to make out to others how easy the game was for them!  Lol

• Like 1

And yet people still believe "difficulty ratings" for games are factual or useful in any way whatsoever.

I disagree: As someone who has platted 100+ games using mainly .org's guides, I found them useful to a certain extent. There were only a few occasions where the difficulty was either underestimated or inflated.

The problem is that some people read the difficulty of the game without looking for the reason of it. If some people actually read, for example, the forum threads on .org they would find that there are ones who disagree with it and explain their reasons, which, in turn, offers a better perspective of what to expect imo.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I disagree: As someone who has platted 100+ games using mainly .org's guides, I found them useful to a certain extent. There were only a few occasions where the difficulty was either underestimated or inflated.

The problem is that some people read the difficulty of the game without looking for the reason of it. If some people actually read, for example, the forum threads on .org they would find that there are ones who disagree with it and explain their reasons, which, in turn, offers a better perspective of what to expect imo.

I suppose, but there is so much context to consider when determining a difficulty rating, you can only hope to hit the bell curve. Your patience, experience and level of skill is likely in that bell curve. Hell, 75% of gamer seeking out guides may be in that bell curve and might the ratings might just seem like they apply to them. But that would still leave 25% of gamer or 1 out of 4 where is doesn't apply.

As you said, context is everything.

• Like 1

Never believe difficulty ratings for trophy guides. 9 out of 10 times they low ball the difficulty rating for some reason.

Reason being the reviewer wanting to look like a badass.

And yeah, the game had an annoying driving section and one room in chapter 7 that made me shelve the game for year and a half. Then I picked it up and completed the room in first attempt. Sometimes you just need a break. Overnight is usually enough, though.

Edited by Road2unner
  • Like 2