Is anyone buying it?

Boh717

In my opinion it's a waste of money, since several free apps are available on mobile devices.

This. A million times this.

Anyone that's willing to pay this asking price for a game with controls that, due to differences in input devices, are necessarily worse, is an idiot. I know that Angry Birds on a controller sucks because I've already played the PSP / PS3 Minis version and that controlled like ass.

Well, according to this topic, this game isn't going to be successful on PS3 :D

Is this coming to the Vita or only PS3? This would be a perfect game for the Vita, but again, not at the $40 price point.

Parker

I heard something, but not sure about that.

I'd play it, but not for $40. If PS+ gets it for free then I'l have at it but until then I won't be buying it.

Parker

I like Angry Birds a lot but it's a game for playing in portables or smartphones, don't see myself playing it on my PS3. And then there is the price, so definitely naw.

I pretty much agree with all this ^

I have all the Angry Birds games on my iPhone (including the Mighty Eagle add-ons) and only have about $7.00 invested total. I have well over 100 hours invested in earning all the Game Center achievements that basically correlate directly to this trophy list. They aren't all that difficult per se... more along the lines of very time consuming. This is a simple and very fun game that will require much trial and error (even if you watch the video guides).

With that said, I can see how - unless you jumped on the bandwagon early - this game franchise is getting a little annoying. The market is pretty saturated with Angry Birds spin-offs, plush toys, t-shirts, etc... The hype is now far outweighing the quality of the game(s); the're fun and the little "comic" story-line is cute but, there's not going to be any major motion pictures made about it. At least I hope not :o

I think this would be much more suitable for the VITA or PSP. I won't be spending valuable PS3 time on a mobile app port that i've played the piss out of on my iPhone already... there are way too many other, much better, games that will dominate my PS3's time. The price of $40 is ludicrous! I might be willing to spend $10-$15 but, that's pushing it. As Parker said, if it ends up a free download for PS+ i'm grabbing it.

Edited by bmj14772
  • Like 1

I pretty much agree with all this ^

I have all the Angry Birds games on my iPhone (including the Mighty Eagle add-ons) and only have about $7.00 invested total. I have well over 100 hours invested in earning all the Game Center achievements that basically correlate directly to this trophy list. They aren't all that difficult per se... more along the lines of very time consuming. This is a simple and very fun game that will require much trial and error (even if you watch the video guides).

With that said, I can see how - unless you jumped on the bandwagon early - this game franchise is getting a little annoying. The market is pretty saturated with Angry Birds spin-offs, plush toys, t-shirts, etc... The hype is now far outweighing the quality of the game(s); the're fun and the little "comic" story-line is cute but, there's not going to be any major motion pictures made about it. At least I hope not :o

Snippet from Wikipedia:

Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio Mobile, has envisioned a feature film in the stop-motion animation style of Aardman Animation. To that end, Rovio has purchased a Helsinki-based animation studio to prepare Angry Birds short cartoons on Nickelodeon, the first of which was a Christmas special named "Wreck the Halls" that debuted in December 2011. Rovio also hired David Maisel, former executive producer of Marvel Studios films such as Iron Man and Thor, to head up production of feature-length films. Hed acknowledges that such a film would be years away, and that Rovio must keep the characters relevant until then, by producing sequels or new ports of the original game. Rovio officials have hinted that one such "sequel" will be told from the pigs' point of view.

Whether people like it or not, Angry Birds is getting bigger and Bigger and BIGGER.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_Birds

Edited by ShadowGandalf
  • Like 1

Snippet from Wikipedia:

Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio Mobile, has envisioned a feature film in the stop-motion animation style of Aardman Animation. To that end, Rovio has purchased a Helsinki-based animation studio to prepare Angry Birds short cartoons on Nickelodeon, the first of which was a Christmas special named "Wreck the Halls" that debuted in December 2011. Rovio also hired David Maisel, former executive producer of Marvel Studios films such as Iron Man and Thor, to head up production of feature-length films. Hed acknowledges that such a film would be years away, and that Rovio must keep the characters relevant until then, by producing sequels or new ports of the original game. Rovio officials have hinted that one such "sequel" will be told from the pigs' point of view.

Whether people like it or not, Angry Birds is getting bigger and Bigger and BIGGER.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Angry_Birds

Holy Sh*t! I guess it was only a matter of time, haha. I don't have anything against Angry Birds... as I said, I have played the crap out of their iOS games.