Project Guide Creation V2.0

I applaud all the people who write (and read) guides on a regular basis :yay:. I've been busy with my measly 12 trophies and I think I've gotten a good 4 hours of work in already, replaying and replaying to get all the info about the game. Rewriting and rewording my descriptions, etc. It's a lot more work than I though it would be, but I'm liking it more and more... :wub:

• Like 2

I just signed up yesterday but decided to spend some time today on writing the guide since I have a day off and I actually just published my guide to the guide team :D. So now I'm awaiting review from the guide team before it can finally (hopefully :P ) be published.

It is actually pretty fun to write a guide even though it takes a lot of your time  :)

Edited by LucasV9991
  • Like 2

I just signed up yesterday but decided to spend some time today on writing the guide since I have a day off and I actually just published my guide to the guide team :D. So now I'm awaiting review from the guide team before it can finally (hopefully :P ) be published.

It is actually pretty fun to write a guide even though it takes a lot of your time  :)

Nope, sorry it's unpublishable :P. Just kidding, it's in the review queue.

• Like 1

Until then...

The thread unlocked  :hidden: - Likeable (a post reached 10 or more likes!) *Trophy music noise yay!*

Woohoo! Think my like pushed us over the trophy requirement. You're welcome thread.  :D

I've kind of wanted to try writing a guide for a while now, but have never done it because I know there's someone out there that knows a game more and could write a guide much better than I could. This thread might motivate me to finally give it a try. Looking through my most recent completed games without a guide, I could do one for either Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 or SSX. I'm thinking of doing BCR2 since it might be better to go with a shorter game for my first guide attempt.

I've been rather busy in RL lately and with several other forum events going on, it might take me a little while but I'll try to find some time to work on it soon. I probably should go read some of these threads about creating guides, since I have several questions. 

Edited by MStalker58

It will be purposely postponed so you cannot unlock the trophy for the first guide :awesome:

• Like 1

Nice! Good work, I hope your guide gets published. Let me know when it does! Writing a guide is oddly very fun, but I do agree it does take up a but of time.

I applaud all the people who write (and read) guides on a regular basis :yay:. I've been busy with my measly 12 trophies and I think I've gotten a good 4 hours of work in already, replaying and replaying to get all the info about the game. Rewriting and rewording my descriptions, etc. It's a lot more work than I though it would be, but I'm liking it more and more... :wub:

I am glad you are having a good time! I think I rewrote my intro 4 times before I thought I had it right, and even then I thought it was kinda lame.

Woohoo! Think my like pushed us over the trophy requirement. You're welcome thread.  :D

I've kind of wanted to try writing a guide for a while now, but have never done it because I know there's someone out there that knows a game more and could write a guide much better than I could. This thread might motivate me to finally give it a try. Looking through my most recent completed games without a guide, I could do one for either Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 or SSX. I'm thinking of doing BCR2 since it might be better to go with a shorter game for my first guide attempt.

I've been rather busy in RL lately and with several other forum events going on, it might take me a little while but I'll try to find some time to work on it soon. I probably should go read some of these threads about creating guides, since I have several questions. 

When I wrote my first guide, I looked at tons of other guides and different game genres. Remember that our guide team is just a message away. Pretty sure they aren't ever busy  :P  :P

Edit: I would like everyone to know that you can write as many guides as you would like during this event. We will need every guide we can get to achieve that Platinum!

Edited by NerdRage04

Approved! Nicely done, just had some spelling errors like "opponent" and "choosing" being spelled wrong a few times :P

• Like 3

Oh wow that was fast! Thanks! Oh lol, that might be because I misspelled it once, then copied that part of the sentence and pasted it somewhere else multiple times or just because I'm dumb xD

Approved! Nicely done, just had some spelling errors like "opponent" and "choosing" being spelled wrong a few times :P

Nice! Good work, I hope your guide gets published. Let me know when it does! Writing a guide is oddly very fun, but I do agree it does take up a but of time.

Well here it is. As you can see my guide got approved a few minutes ago :D

I see you also updated the header image of the game btw. Nice job! This one looks much nicer than the old one :)

• Like 1

The first guide has been published!

Great job to LucasV9991 for his guide in Virtua Fighter 2

The thread has unlocked  :hidden: - Wow, he was serious! unlocked by LucasV9991 for being the first person to receive a reward! Enjoy your premium membership, I will be getting it to you shortly.

EDIT: I totally skimmed over your post CypherNova! Welcome to the event.

Edited by NerdRage04
  • Like 4

The first guide has been published!

Great job to LucasV9991 for his guide in Virtua Fighter 2

The thread has unlocked  :hidden: - Wow, he was serious! unlocked by LucasV9991 for being the first person to receive a reward! Enjoy your premium membership, I will be better it to you shortly.

EDIT: I totally skimmed over your post CypherNova! Welcome to the event.

Holy shit, that's awesome dude! Thanks a lot! :D I did not see that paragraph when I read your post :P

I do hope this thread will be used for a long time to come since it might really encourage more and more people to write a guide!

On a side note, you made a typo with  'Virtua Fighter 2' in the ''Hall of Fame'' ;)

Holy shit, that's awesome dude! Thanks a lot! :D I did not see that paragraph when I read your post :P

I do hope this thread will be used for a long time to come since it might really encourage more and more people to write a guide!

On a side note, you made a typo with  'Virtua Fighter 2' in the ''Hall of Fame'' ;)

Writing a guide.

Getting a trophy.

Getting a Premium Membership

LIKE A TRUE BOSS! :D

Congrats, welcome among us, you may never leave now :awesome:

• Like 2

Haha for real, where is my platinum for reviewing guides? :P

An orange ninja took it and ran away UKtV8oW.png.

Oh wow that was fast! Thanks! Oh lol, that might be because I misspelled it once, then copied that part of the sentence and pasted it somewhere else multiple times or just because I'm dumb xD

Congrats on becoming a PSNP guide writer :yay:.

• Like 2

Well here it is. As you can see my guide got approved a few minutes ago :D

Nice! I took a look at your guide and I must say it looks very good :) Sadly I don't have the game, so I won't be able to make use of it (but maybe I might one day?).

I did a bit more rewriting and with the first guide already published I'm a little tempted to publish mine and await judgement :unsure:. But I think I'm going to sleep on it one more time and do a final proofread tomorrow.

Do I list guides that I've already already published before this event started / before joining this event?

Edit: oh, amd I must find out if a detailed guide earns a thread trophy...

You can use guides you are currently working on even if you started writing before this event. Anything already published doesn't count. 

• Like 1

I did a bit more rewriting and with the first guide already published I'm a little tempted to publish mine and await judgement :unsure:. But I think I'm going to sleep on it one more time and do a final proofread tomorrow.

And I thought my 5 proofreads for my already published guides were over kill...

Edit to avoid double post :ninja:

Ah ok, thanks for clarification. We need a showcase of guides (and links to them) in the OP for guides written in this event!

Edited by CypherNova139
  • Like 1

I'm always double and triple checking everything I do and I don't really like leaving any stupid mistakes for other people to see :ninja:. Plus it's been quite a while since I've had to write anything comprehensible in English and I'd like it to be of at least a little quality.

Well you can sign me up. Currently busy with a guide. Not sure if i'm going to finish it, but i guess i might sign up anyway since i do write the odd guide once in a while. Guide i'm currently busy on, ZTD puzzle solutions guide.

If you need help with that, let me know :)

• Like 1

Edit to avoid double post :ninja:

Ah ok, thanks for clarification. We need a showcase of guides (and links to them) in the OP for guides written in this event!

Check the Hall of Fame. It will all be there. So far Lucas is all alone.

EDIT: I am really bad at this multiQuote thing.

xZoneHunter, this will be a supplement guide right? Added  :)

Edited by NerdRage04

Wasn't in the mood to play much today, so I decided to start working on my 1st guide. Decided to make one for Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 and have added some of the basics and finished a couple of the specific trophy descriptions so far. Also added my first video and learned how to tag trophies and all that. Might take a while since I'm planning on doing a detailed collectible portion of the guide, but at least I've started on it.

Please add me to the participants list in the OP.  :)

• Like 3