Project Guide Creation V2.0

I was expecting some progress towards :hidden: The Pros Like Us too for Comp's comment :hmm:.

I decided when I started I didn't want to be the cause for any trophies to pop, so I cheated made a little adjustment to my super secret sticky note with how to unlock all these blasted trophies. 

The forum has unlocked  :hidden: - Oh look, a notification (Over 100 posts have been made to the thread) *Trophy music noise yay!*

Edited by NerdRage04

Syberia II guides have been edited and published :P Mango works very fast for a blind fruit.

I don't own the game but I must say that those guides look great! Good job on those and welcome to the Hall of Fame! :P

As a person that has more familiarity with the "other site", how do you find the process when making a guide here or there? Like, is their system a lot more strict?

I love the table function on this site ^_^. Writing the "hidden" guides whenever I want then the guide is published after the guide team members review it is another thing I like because I can write notes in the guide while playing game instead of transferring the notes from word processor to the guide then edit the formatting. If I don't want to continue doing the guide then I can abandon it anytime since it's hidden (I wrote 3 guides for Tears to Tiara II here, however, I suffered with stupid bell's palsy before my birthday last year then I abandoned these guides)

In term of strict, "other site" has more rules and policies. You can't take a break for long time once you post a WIP guide. However, as long as you follow the rule/policy then everything is okay. "Do not violate the rules", yea...that's it. I actually violated their guide writing rules a few times but .... :devil: :devil: :devil:.

There is one thing I don't like from that site is challenge guide, they will lock the old guide if the new guide has better info (based on their opinions). I don't mind if they replace the old guide with new one on the main site, but they should at least respect the guide writers by not locking the old guide. Some users may find the old guide has good info than the new one's, or they may like the old guide's writing style and formatting.

There is one thing I don't like from that site is challenge guide, they will lock the old guide if the new guide has better info (based on their opinions). I don't mind if they replace the old guide with new one on the main site, but they should at least respect the guide writers by not locking the old guide. Some users may find the old guide has good info than the new one's, or they may like the old guide's writing style and formatting.

That is my main gripe with guides on .org and the reason I never wrote something there.

I love the table function on this site ^_^. Writing the "hidden" guides whenever I want then the guide is published after the guide team members review it is another thing I like because I can write notes in the guide while playing game instead of transferring the notes from word processor to the guide then edit the formatting. If I don't want to continue doing the guide then I can abandon it anytime since it's hidden (I wrote 3 guides for Tears to Tiara II here, however, I suffered with stupid bell's palsy before my birthday last year then I abandoned these guides)

In term of strict, "other site" has more rules and policies. You can't take a break for long time once you post a WIP guide. However, as long as you follow the rule/policy then everything is okay. "Do not violate the rules", yea...that's it. I actually violated their guide writing rules a few times but .... :devil: :devil: :devil:.

Oh k because a long time ago I remember me and STRANGEgenius writing a guide for Need for Speed The Run and had it finished, but apparently it wasn't good enough for them, so it got locked (or something like that) and somebody else's guide was accepted.

That was when he introduced me to this site here, and the rest is history :D

I'm surprised there are no complaints about the "Project Guide Creation" platinum being full of online trophies :giggle:

Oh k because a long time ago I remember me and STRANGEgenius writing a guide for Need for Speed The Run and had it finished, but apparently it wasn't good enough for them, so it got locked (or something like that) and somebody else's guide was accepted.

That was when he introduced me to this site here, and the rest is history :D

The reason given on .org for that guide not being accepted appears to be that it was missing a lot of trophies (WIP guides can only stay up for a limited time) and remained unfinished even after being re-opened on request.

Edited by zadorvp
  • Like 2

Can I get added to this please? I'm writing a guide for oreshika, just have to refresh my memory a bit first D:.

YAHOO! Finally someone decided to do it! :D

I really need to hurry up with finishing SAO: HF so I can write my guide and get a piece of that nice premium cake while it's still warm. :D

SAO won't let you do anything else, tehe~

Thank you for suggestion :) , however, if I plan to write guides for a game, I tend to do it alone.

One of the reasons is I can upload my guides to the "other site" to fulfill a promise to a best friend there; therefore I don't want to ask for permission or something in order to do that. Besides, solo guide writing is my style (selfish and greedy, I guess :facepalm: ), however,I don't mind to help other guide writers for the guides which I don't plan to write (only if I know useful tip).

If I write guides for this game, I must replay the entire game again on another acct in order to test the condition to unlock the trophies. As you already know this game is not a short game, so I don't think I start doing it this year. If you want to make a guide for this game, please don't mind me and write one for other ppl's sake. :)

I still have a good memory about this game's quests and trophies, if you have some troubles trying to trigger certain quest or something, please feel free to ask.

I wish I had more time to write guide for Legend of War, then it can be published on July 4. But figuring out the ranking system requires a lot of time to do it :( . People want to see how the ranking system work, not the estimated info.

Here is little fan-service, hopefully, it encounters more ppl to play this game :P

[Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2057%2034%20AM_zpsw

Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2058%2005%20AM_zpso

Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2058%2031%20AM_zps4

Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2058%2047%20AM_zpsy

Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2059%2003%20AM_zpss

Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2059%2021%20AM_zpsa

Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2059%2033%20AM_zpsb

Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2059%2042%20AM_zpsf

Photo%20Jun%2006%203%2059%2055%20AM_zpsm

Photo%20Jun%2006%204%2000%2005%20AM_zpsh

Photo%20Jun%2006%204%2000%2018%20AM_zpsr

Photo%20Jun%2006%204%2000%2031%20AM_zps0

Photo%20Jun%2006%204%2000%2048%20AM_zpsl

SUCH LEWDNESS!

As Satoshi Ookami said, I'm stealing copies again :devil:

I wished they released a Limited Edition with some special stuffs instead of that fancy box.

You thief! Think about poor us!

• Like 1

Published it, there were only some small mistakes. Congrats on becoming a PSNP guide writer :yay:.

Thanks a lot! You guys do work fast :).

I really enjoyed writing my guide. I didn't think it would be that hard, but I've earned a new kind of respect for the people that write guides on a regular basis (and for much larger games) and, of course, for the people so nicely proofreading every guide. I'm itching to start another one already, but before I fully commit to a second guide, I'm going to do a bit more research on the game I have in mind. I do have a relatively free summer ahead of me, so time is the least of my worries :).

That is my main gripe with guides on .org and the reason I never wrote something there.

agreed, i had originally wrote my Resident Evil guide for them just after making a Blood Knights trophy guide. That is when i realized that the sites "guide team" bases everything on favoritism. So i deleted everything i could there and brought the guide here written 2 guides since and am currently working on a 4th.

In comparison this site does a much better job of handling the guides plus as stated there are more features here that make it easier to make and keep notes.

The only thing this site does not have and the ONLY reason i still use that site is the checklist. once this site gets a checklist i will probably abandon that site altogether.

I have considered moving my other guide for Blood Knights over here but i do not know if enough people would use it.

agreed, i had originally wrote my Resident Evil guide for them just after making a Blood Knights trophy guide. That is when i realized that the sites "guide team" bases everything on favoritism. So i deleted everything i could there and brought the guide here written 2 guides since and am currently working on a 4th.

In comparison this site does a much better job of handling the guides plus as stated there are more features here that make it easier to make and keep notes.

The only thing this site does not have and the ONLY reason i still use that site is the checklist. once this site gets a checklist i will probably abandon that site altogether.

I have considered moving my other guide for Blood Knights over here but i do not know if enough people would use it.

You could import the guide, I'm sure it'll help people.

There's a whole subforum for trophy checklists.

I really enjoyed writing my guide. I didn't think it would be that hard, but I've earned a new kind of respect for the people that write guides on a regular basis (and for much larger games) and, of course, for the people so nicely proofreading every guide. I'm itching to start another one already, but before I fully commit to a second guide, I'm going to do a bit more research on the game I have in mind. I do have a relatively free summer ahead of me, so time is the least of my worries :).

Great job on your guide! Welcome to the members only pizza lounge. I will get your premium membership to you soon  :D

• Like 1

You could import the guide, I'm sure it'll help people.

There's a whole subforum for trophy checklists.

i know about the sub forums but i prefer something aklin to this:

6pVnusm.png

as this allows me to "remove" the ones from the guide that i have completed making it easier to see the ones i need.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

Great job on your guide! Welcome to the members only pizza lounge. I will get your premium membership to you soon  :D

I must admit that I read over that part (same as LucasV9991) when I signed up to write a guide,so when Lucas finished his guide and you got him premium membership I was a little gobsmacked. You're very generous for doing that and deserve all the love :wub: .

• Like 2

Hello! I am fairly new to this website but so far i really like it, and would like to give a little bit back to the community by writing a guide. I wanted to do one for the original Borderlands since there are guides for 2 and the Pre-Sequel, but not the first game.

I have written guides for other websites in the past, but it's been a while since i've written one and i've never written one for a site with such an extensive guide writing and review system, so it could take me a while. You guys run a tight ship here. Plus i work alot but there is no time limit though so that's ok, right?

Either way, i noticed this thread and figured i would throw my name into the hat? As long as im eligible that is.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Edit: Nevermind. Someone else beat me to it.

Oh wow that was fast! Thanks! Oh lol, that might be because I misspelled it once, then copied that part of the sentence and pasted it somewhere else multiple times or just because I'm dumb xD

Well here it is. As you can see my guide got approved a few minutes ago :D

I see you also updated the header image of the game btw. Nice job! This one looks much nicer than the old one :)

Congrats on getting your first guides published! B)

Edited by cr1s2412
  • Like 2

Hello! I am fairly new to this website but so far i really like it, and would like to give a little bit back to the community by writing a guide. I wanted to do one for the original Borderlands since there are guides for 2 and the Pre-Sequel, but not the first game.

I have written guides for other websites in the past, but it's been a while since i've written one and i've never written one for a site with such an extensive guide writing and review system, so it could take me a while. You guys run a tight ship here. Plus i work alot but there is no time limit though so that's ok, right?

Either way, i noticed this thread and figured i would throw my name into the hat? As long as im eligible that is.

No worries there, danceswithsloths. As long as you indicate that you are "calling dibs" on writing a guide for a specific game, then nobody should be able to touch it aside from you and the guide team (once it gets submitted for publishing). But like some people have previously mentioned, there is a thread that talks about how to properly write a guide. As well, you can always ask anyone in this thread for help if needed.

Sure! Basically you can set the trophy guide up by going to the Borderlands page and pressing the green "create guide" button on the right side, create a trophy guide and at that point it will remain at an unpublished state where only you (and site staff) can see it and you can work on it at whatever pace you'd like ;)

Edit: I see you've actually already set it up :P

Edited by BlindMango

Did like 10 of the trophies today and put a one piece pun in the description. I can't seem to get the icon button to work on my incredibly slow computer though :/ Writing guides for rather short games isn't so bad, although playing the game through for the 3rd time to see when certain trophies pop is rather boring. At the rate I'm going after looking at the ones I have left I should be done by the end of next week assuming my grammar is correct and my guide is deemed publishable.

If anyone cares I'll be editing this post whenever I update my guide.

Day 2 edit: 18/50 trophies done, Went back and edited nearly all of yesterday's trophies, put trophies in step 1 and 2 (no writing yet just a title, the writing and tips & strategies will be the last thing i do) whilst testing some of the trophies one unlocked without following the description of a trophy so i need to do some investigating on that. gonna spend the rest of my day seeing if 100%ing Rayleigh's training unlocks the support character Rayleigh. This session felt along longer then yesterdays.

Day 3 edit: 29/50 trophies done, made some minor edits to previous trophies and found out one of the trophies is slightly buggy.

Day 4 edit: did a couple more trophies, won't be able to add to the guide from friday to sunday so there's no way the guide is getting finished this week

Day 6 edit: was enjoying watching something to much so i didn't bother yesterday. nearly all the trophies are done now and i still need to do the descriptions for the steps and the tips & strategies. 

Day 10 edit: Only have 1 trophy left but can't be bothered to upload the video of it, I've written the steps. Only other thing left is the tips & strategies and re-reading the trophies for mistakes.

Edited by dragonslayer_07

No worries there, danceswithsloths. As long as you indicate that you are "calling dibs" on writing a guide for a specific game, then nobody should be able to touch it aside from you and the guide team (once it gets submitted for publishing). But like some people have previously mentioned, there is a thread that talks about how to properly write a guide. As well, you can always ask anyone in this thread for help if needed.

Sure! Basically you can set the trophy guide up by going to the Borderlands page and pressing the green "create guide" button on the right side, create a trophy guide and at that point it will remain at an unpublished state where only you (and site staff) can see it and you can work on it at whatever pace you'd like ;)

Edit: I see you've actually already set it up :P

Great! Thank you both very much, i'll hopefully get started this 4th of July weekend. I'm assuming i should probably stop by the "which guides members are writing" thread and let them know i started it?

Edited by danceswithsloths