Project Guide Creation V2.0

I was only concerned about the compatibility of the game with the dummy account, the game being a PS+ game and all.

Confirming that PS plus games I have work on another non-plus account, as long as the PS3 or PS4 system has an account (and doesn't have to be the currently logged in account) with a valid active plus membership.

I've played many PS+ games from my main account with PS+ that I wasn't sure if I wanted it on my main trophy list, so I played it on an alt account just fine.

If you need someone to test your guide, I suck at the game and have 0% trophies in it so far.

• Like 1

Well, I was going to split the tricks and try the possibility of each segment on different maps but creating a dummy account is the same thing the creator of the event I mentioned above suggested, so I guess I'll do that. I was only concerned about the compatibility of the game with the dummy account, the game being a PS+ game and all. 

Either way works. IIRC PS+ games work on other users on the same PS3 as long as the PS+ subscription isn't expired.

• Like 1

If only the Vita could handle multiple accounts too :(.

Yeah, if Sony were to make a new handheld sometime in the future again, they better learn from this dumb mistake and at least give it the ability to support multiple offline-accounts. My nepphews, for example, wanted to completely play through Need for Speed: Most Wanted on my Vita but that's just impossible now.

Yeah, if Sony were to make a new handheld sometime in the future again, they better learn from this dumb mistake and at least give it the ability to support multiple offline-accounts. My nepphews, for example, wanted to completely play through Need for Speed: Most Wanted on my Vita but that's just impossible now.

And hopefully no more memory cards.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

That's a pretty big if.

...Will probably start one for NCIS: The Game soon even though it really doesn't deserve one.

If you do make a guide for NCIS, you might want to mention that the trophies won't unlock if you use Chapter Select. I learned this the hard way and had to download a savegame backup (oh, savegame is locked so you'll need PS+ to backup the savefame) to continue.

Either way works. IIRC PS+ games work on other users on the same PS3 as long as the PS+ subscription isn't expired.

True, same goes for PS4.

Confirming that PS plus games I have work on another non-plus account, as long as the PS3 or PS4 system has an account (and doesn't have to be the currently logged in account) with a valid active plus membership.

I've played many PS+ games from my main account with PS+ that I wasn't sure if I wanted it on my main trophy list, so I played it on an alt account just fine.

If you need someone to test your guide, I suck at the game and have 0% trophies in it so far.

Thanks for all of these answers. :) I'll be doing the trophy guide once I'm done with the game but I'm already taking notes since I'm still in World 5 out of 5. I'm still a little unsure of the scope I should take with the guide but I guess being too detailed is still better than not being detailed enough. After all I want to leave nobody behind regardless of skill level.

I guess having a beta tester for my guide would be pretty helpful, especially since you could point out the challenges you had the most trouble with so I can mark them accordingly. I'll let you know once I'm at that point in the creation cycle of my guide. ^_^

Thanks for all of these answers. :) I'll be doing the trophy guide once I'm done with the game but I'm already taking notes since I'm still in World 5 out of 5. I'm still a little unsure of the scope I should take with the guide but I guess being too detailed is still better than not being detailed enough. After all I want to leave nobody behind regardless of skill level.

I guess having a beta tester for my guide would be pretty helpful, especially since you could point out the challenges you had the most trouble with so I can mark them accordingly. I'll let you know once I'm at that point in the creation cycle of my guide. ^_^

By all means, take your time... seriously, take as long as you need. The Review Queue has been flooded with guides since yesterday  -_- . We're about to publish 4 guides simultaneously, granted 2 of them are DLC guides, but that's still a lot.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

By all means, take your time... seriously, take as long as you need. The Review Queue has been flooded with guides since yesterday  -_- . We're about to publish 4 guides simultaneously, granted 2 of them are DLC guides, but that's still a lot.

Yeah, that doesn't sound that pleasant. But I guess you're in luck since It'll take me like 1-2 weeks at least to write my guide since I'm planning to use images to explain all the different tricks you need to do for the challenges, which will mean that I have to make like 160 images from ~350 screenshots. That's quite a lot of photoshopping, or in my case GIMPing that I'll have to do. :P (By the way, is there an image limit in guides? That might screw me over.)

Yeah, that doesn't sound that pleasant. But I guess you're in luck since It'll take me like 1-2 weeks at least to write my guide since I'm planning to use images to explain all the different tricks you need to do for the challenges, which will mean that I have to make like 160 images from ~350 screenshots. That's quite a lot of photoshopping, or in my case GIMPing that I'll have to do. :P (By the way, is there an image limit in guides? That might screw me over.)

Hell yeah hell-yes-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862(<- tears of joy).

Damn, those are a lot of images :o. AFAIK there isn't a limit on the amount of images. What size will the images be?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

My Amazing Spider-Man 2 guide is pretty much done, just need a spell check before i click publish. If you like i can wait a couple of days until it calms down a bit?

Hell yeah hell-yes-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862(<- tears of joy).

Damn, those are a lot of images :o. AFAIK there isn't a limit on the amount of images. What size will the images be?

I guess the image size would really depend on how much I'd have to scale it down, the height is also gonna be pretty random because there's higher and lower jumps in the game while the camera is always gonna be focused on the player character.

I mean there are still a few other things I could do like awkward text descriptions of where to do each trick, or using little icons with "Map" on them that link to a full size image of the trick.

The best way to do this would probably be by doing a videoguide but I can't record my Sony consoles, so I'd have to look for something on Youtube and credit the uploader. I might have a quick look to see if I can find anything that's to my liking.

Edit: I had a quick look and I can't seem to find sufficient videos for the main game, just for the additional trophy tricks.

Edited by xFalionx

I guess the image size would really depend on how much I'd have to scale it down, the height is also gonna be pretty random because there's higher and lower jumps in the game while the camera is always gonna be focused on the player character.

I mean there are still a few other things I could do like awkward text descriptions of where to do each trick, or using little icons with "Map" on them that link to a full size image of the trick.

The best way to do this would probably be by doing a videoguide but I can't record my Sony consoles, so I'd have to look for something on Youtube and credit the uploader. I might have a quick look to see if I can find anything that's to my liking.

Edit: I had a quick look and I can't seem to find sufficient videos for the main game, just for the additional trophy tricks.

Ok, just wanted to make sure you wouldn't make them all 1920x1080 or something. Having 160 extremely large images would clutter the guide. If you do need lots of large images, I recommend to also make a small version of the same image. That way the small images can be embedded with a link to the large ones.

Done. It is now awaiting review. Just wanted to ask cause I didn't want to make your job harder if you are swamped!  :)

Don't worry, if we're too busy the guides just stay in the review queue and we'll get back to them another day.