Project Guide Creation V2.0

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It was saved. It's on the second page.

Sure it is ours, but some Kiseki guides are mine and some are yours =D

I see

lol, It's English version or the Witch liked me. I didn't see anyone vote for Sen 1 guide. About "your Kiseki", if I don't use the guide, I can't prove that it's worthy or useful to me even how detailed the guide is but if you write the guide for this game, then I will use and vote in GOTY2017 :P . Ries Argent .....:wub:

I really appreciate the votes but I will be happy if some of voters actually use the guide. I feel like I spend a lot of time to make food for everyone; however, some ppl don't eat the food but they say it is delicious. I guess they may already have the game and wait for a good time to play it :P.

I used a few guides this year; however, two of these guides are eligible for this GoTY2016: Resident Evil 0 and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven. I will make my decision to vote the guide before the deadline. I know my vote may not change anything (sound like I'm voting for a candidate in presidential election :p), but it shows my appreciation to the guide writer who "wasted" their precious time to make the guide xD.

Edited by hasegawa2010

46 minutes ago, hasegawa2010 said:

I used a few guides this year; however, two of these guides are eligible for this GoTY2016: Resident Evil 0 and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven. I will make my decision to vote the guide before the deadline. I know my vote may not change anything (sound like I'm voting for a candidate in presidential election :p), but it shows my appreciation to the guide writer who "wasted" their precious time to make the guide xD.

Well the 10 guides with the most nominations will go to round 2, so any one of those could be one of the winners.

39 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i do not recall actually using any guides on this list. so i had to make an educated guess myself.

YOU DID WHAT!!!!!! :jaymon: .

On 11.12.2016 at 6:17 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Hey people don't forget to nominate a guide for the Guide of the Year Awards 2016, because I really don't want to go through 26 guides we need more votes.

I hate nomination systems like this where we get too many people voting for the same guide (look at current leader with 10 votes for a good example) instead of distributing the votes between guides in order to get a proper list of 10 guides. I'd much prefer a "one nomination only, followed by a poll to get the 10 from those" system or a cap on nominations for a single guide. Ended up not nominating any guides last year since the clearest choice I had already had a guaranteed spot on the finals.

I am planning on nominating this time (Rogue Galaxy), though I'm reconsidering my choice as it does have the unfortunate bias factor included due to the game in question. I do have a lot of reasons why it would deserve to win, but the bias is still strong...

I'm surprised I got a nomination yet again this year (last year it was Broken Age, this year Syberia 2 walkthrough though I apparently also almost got a nomination on the Joe Dever's Lone Wolf guide). Probably won't be getting any next year since I'm no longer finding the free time for writing guides after I started working two work shifts xD Perhaps later though if I'm motivated enough to siphon free time from my "video game time"... though I should already be spending that time on finishing my book instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zadorvp said:

I hate nomination systems like this where we get too many people voting for the same guide (look at current leader with 10 votes for a good example) instead of distributing the votes between guides in order to get a proper list of 10 guides. I'd much prefer a "one nomination only, followed by a poll to get the 10 from those" system or a cap on nominations for a single guide. Ended up not nominating any guides last year since the clearest choice I had already had a guaranteed spot on the finals.

I am planning on nominating this time (Rogue Galaxy), though I'm reconsidering my choice as it does have the unfortunate bias factor included due to the game in question. I do have a lot of reasons why it would deserve to win, but the bias is still strong...

I'm surprised I got a nomination yet again this year (last year it was Broken Age, this year Syberia 2 walkthrough though I apparently also almost got a nomination on the Joe Dever's Lone Wolf guide). Probably won't be getting any next year since I'm no longer finding the free time for writing guides after I started working two work shifts xD Perhaps later though if I'm motivated enough to siphon free time from my "video game time"... though I should already be spending that time on finishing my book instead.

Interesting, I'll post this suggestion in the Guide Team subforum and see what the others think.

I'd also include that bias thing in the post, even if you're nominating another guide. That way the writer can use the feedback to improve future guides.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

You're writing a book :o? What's it about?

Same here. @zadorvpplease share.

1 hour ago, NerdRage04 said:

:hidden: - The Dragon Vs. The Wolf  (Agree to a friendly competition)

You both should do a poetry slam.

38 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

He?

My thoughts exactly. Good to know I'm not the only one caught off guard. So Satoshi you're up for a friendly competition?

21 hours ago, Lucas said:

You're writing a book :o? What's it about?

20 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Interesting, I'll post this suggestion in the Guide Team subforum and see what the others think.

I'd also include that bias thing in the post, even if you're nominating another guide. That way the writer can use the feedback to improve future guides.

Same here. @zadorvpplease share.

My thoughts exactly. Good to know I'm not the only one caught off guard. So Satoshi you're up for a friendly competition?

I thought about it some more and the poll system could still end up a victim of the "too many votes for one guide" issue if there's no cap. Still, I've always personally used that system on my old forums and it's worked well enough xD Bias again, I guess.

The book is a planned tetralogy. It's high fantasy with a story told over decades (technically that's not entirely true as the first book is 50 years before the second and the rest don't jump decades between themselves). I've plotted the whole thing over the years (pretty much finally finalized my plans for "the end" of it last month after having spent some time with a tough story decision) so now all I need to do is actually finish writing the first one (considering it's not done yet, I've been jumping too far ahead by planning sequels xD). Currently just suffering from a lack of time combined with a lack of motivation to "play less and write more"... hopefully I can change that over the holidays.

• Like 2

I thought about it some more and the poll system could still end up a victim of the "too many votes for one guide" issue if there's no cap. Still, I've always personally used that system on my old forums and it's worked well enough xD Bias again, I guess.

The book is a planned tetralogy. It's high fantasy with a story told over decades (technically that's not entirely true as the first book is 50 years before the second and the rest don't jump decades between themselves). I've plotted the whole thing over the years (pretty much finally finalized my plans for "the end" of it last month after having spent some time with a tough story decision) so now all I need to do is actually finish writing the first one (considering it's not done yet, I've been jumping too far ahead by planning sequels xD). Currently just suffering from a lack of time combined with a lack of motivation to "play less and write more"... hopefully I can change that over the holidays.

I'm sold, I like fantasy settings. Let me know when it'll be published and I'll get one (the book is in English, right?).

Cool, sounds interesting. Just like Dragon, I'd like to know when it'll be published (if the book is in English), I'm interested.

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm sold, I like fantasy settings. Let me know when it'll be published and I'll get one (the book is in English, right?).

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Cool, sounds interesting. Just like Dragon, I'd like to know when it'll be published (if the book is in English), I'm interested.

I'm initially writing it in Finnish (sorry!), but I may have to end up writing it in English instead based on what I've read online on Finnish book publishing :P