Project Guide Creation V2.0

21 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

WP_20160505_13_01_42_Pro_zpsd1kwai2p.jpg

Dat's cute.

Also, I'm gonna be finally submitting my Enemy Front guide in a little bit. I've been so busy with other things, and the fact that I hadn't touched the online a tall was keeping me from completing it. I'll update this comment once its submitted

Guide has been submitted. There were some formatting issues that I was not able to remove, no matter how many times or different ways I tried. Even deleting and retyping everything in the description (not just cutting and pasting) would not work. Probably cuz the guide was started before the site update :hmm:

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

Since I presume I won't be around as much over the holidays (which may be the case for others as well since this topic has been asleep since Monday), I'll post the following now:

Happy/Merry Holidays/Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Pancha Ganapati/Newtonmas/Decemberween (and a belated Festivus) to everyone ^^

No snow this year for Christmas Eve (just rain and warmer temperatures), so have a (months old) picture of my dog eating a watermelon instead:

WP_20160505_13_01_42_Pro_zpsd1kwai2p.jpg

That dog is adorable ^_^.

Merry Christmas to you too :D . It's going to be a rainy Christmas in The Netherlands too with 10-12 degrees Celsius :( , it's been a couple of years since there was any real snow here.

31 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Guide has been submitted. There were some formatting issues that I was not able to remove, no matter how many times or different ways I tried. Even deleting and retyping everything in the description (not just cutting and pasting) would not work. Probably cuz the guide was started before the site update :hmm:

What formatting issues?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

There were some formatting issues that I was not able to remove, no matter how many times or different ways I tried. Even deleting and retyping everything in the description (not just cutting and pasting) would not work. Probably cuz the guide was started before the site update :hmm:

Have you tried looking into Code View and fixing them that way?

1 hour ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

Have you tried looking into Code View and fixing them that way?

I've never used it before, so I wouldn't know how to check.

The formatting issues can be found in the descriptions for the following trophies:

The Wall of Flesh (video credit under video will not justify to center, despite the guide saying it's already center justified)

Leave No Stone Unturned (more of a personal thing really, but the table is so close to the image above it, and attempting to create an extra line between them deletes the whole table and its content)

It Was Broken... (video credit will not keep justification when attempting to move it down one line to keep in symmetry with all other videos)

One Shot, One Kill (video credit under video will not justify to center, despite the guide saying it's already center justified)

Crash and Burn (video credit under video will not justify to center, despite the guide saying it's already center justified, as well as moving it down one line deletes the text)

Silent Savior (video credit is too close to the video, but cannot be moved down one line as attempting to do so creates a new line underneath the text rather than above it. There's still a couple extra lines in there right now, which is why the spacing underneath looks huge)

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
added what formatting issues i had

20 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I've never used it before, so I wouldn't know how to check.

The formatting issues can be found in the descriptions for the following trophies:

The Wall of Flesh (video credit under video will not justify to center, despite the guide saying it's already center justified)

Leave No Stone Unturned (more of a personal thing really, but the table is so close to the image above it, and attempting to create an extra line between them deletes the whole table and its content)

It Was Broken... (video credit will not keep justification when attempting to move it down one line to keep in symmetry with all other videos)

One Shot, One Kill (video credit under video will not justify to center, despite the guide saying it's already center justified)

Crash and Burn (video credit under video will not justify to center, despite the guide saying it's already center justified, as well as moving it down one line deletes the text)

Silent Savior (video credit is too close to the video, but cannot be moved down one line as attempting to do so creates a new line underneath the text rather than above it. There's still a couple extra lines in there right now, which is why the spacing underneath looks huge)

Some of these seem like they can be fixed. Others, I'm not too sure about honestly.

• Are you using Align Justify or Align Center for The Wall of Flesh, Crash and Burn, and One Shot, One Kill? Align Center would be the right thing to use there in case you are using Align Justify.
  • There should be an option to line break in between the table and the image for Leave No Stone Unturned.
  • What happens when you try to remove the extra lines below the video credit in Silent Savior? If there is literally no line in between them, Line Break should be showing.

I assume you've tried all of this and it still hasn't worked for you. I'm just putting these here in case you haven't. Can I see the guide?

1 hour ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

Some of these seem like they can be fixed. Others, I'm not too sure about honestly.

• Are you using Align Justify or Align Center for The Wall of Flesh, Crash and Burn, and One Shot, One Kill? Align Center would be the right thing to use there in case you are using Align Justify.
  • There should be an option to line break in between the table and the image for Leave No Stone Unturned.
  • What happens when you try to remove the extra lines below the video credit in Silent Savior? If there is literally no line in between them, Line Break should be showing.

I assume you've tried all of this and it still hasn't worked for you. I'm just putting these here in case you haven't. Can I see the guide?

• I am using Align Center, but it's still showing up on the left side. When editing, it has a check next to Center, but still is on the left, and clicking Center again realigns it to the center like it should, but saving the changes puts it back on the left.
  • I'll hafta check on that again
  • Removing the lines under Silent Savor are also not reflected when I save changes. I'll delete them, hit save and they're still there.

The guide is waiting review atm.

10 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

• I am using Align Center, but it's still showing up on the left side. When editing, it has a check next to Center, but still is on the left, and clicking Center again realigns it to the center like it should, but saving the changes puts it back on the left.
  • I'll hafta check on that again
  • Removing the lines under Silent Savor are also not reflected when I save changes. I'll delete them, hit save and they're still there.

The guide is waiting review atm.

I know you aren't familiar with it, but for both the 1st and 3rd bullet point, go into Code View and CTRL+F to see If there are any tags that are showing up in the code like these: <p> </p>. In some of the guides I've been working on recently, these have been appearing in the code and annoyingly undoing any changes I make. Once I manually go in and delete them, they show up normally. That could be what is happening with you here.

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD
Replaced a confusing phrase.

11 minutes ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

I know you aren't familiar with it, but for both the 1st and 3rd bullet point, go into Code View and CTRL+F to see If there are any tags that are showing up in the code like these: <p> </p>. In some of the guides I've been working on recently, these have been appearing in the code and annoyingly undoing any changes I make. Once I manually go in and delete them, they show up normally. That could be what is happening with you here.

Just successfully got rid of the extra spaces under Silent Savior. It came up as "32" and "33" on the sides even though nothing was on that line. However, now the video credit is stuck on the left :(

Hello everyone! I wonder whether saying 666 in front of a mirror that is in front of this post will be enough to unlock :hidden: - *The Number of the Beast or not :P Or maybe the post needs to reach 666 pages :D

In any case, I would like to ask for some help. I would like to write a guide, my very first, for Chariot, one of last year's PS+ IGC games which I also think that might qualify for :hidden: - So It's Ultra Ultra Rare? Why do I think it might be enough to earn such trophy? Well, it has a 0,57% Ultra Rare platinum, and there is no guide out there for this game on any PStrophyhunters' kind of site (that I know of) -_-

Now the problem is that I cannot find a way to take screenshots in my PS3 and that's keeping me away from my (free premium membership :giggle:) guide :( (Evil plan?) lol The thing is that I want to use my own images (e.g. 100% revealed maps from each level) and not screenshots from other people's videos but I really don't know what to do. Would that be against the rules of guide-writing? (It's not clear to me) I think that taking pictures from the TV with a camera is kind of outdated right now :lol: Any advice?

2 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Now the problem is that I cannot find a way to take screenshots in my PS3 and that's keeping me away from my (free premium membership :giggle:) guide :( (Evil plan?) lol The thing is that I want to use my own images (e.g. 100% revealed maps from each level) and not screenshots from other people's videos but I really don't know what to do. Would that be against the rules of guide-writing? (It's not clear to me) I think that taking pictures from the TV with a camera is kind of outdated right now :lol: Any advice?

Since PS3 does not support screenshotting in this case, camera/phone picture is the only way unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 25-12-2016 at 7:14 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

I managed to finish the first playthrough in HDN Re;Birth1 in about 32 hours. Are you sure the game can be platted in 40? Started the second playthrough today and almost finished chapter 5, but also got the Credits Up plan. Also where can I get the best weapons for Compa and MAGES?

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I managed to finish the first playthrough in HDN Re;Birth1 in about 32 hours. Are you sure the game can be platted in 40?

Sure it can. I'm using my own playtime (if visible) on guides. You just have to be fast :D

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Also where can I get the best weapons for Compa and MAGES?

I'm pretty sure they were in Colosseum.