Project Guide Creation V2.0

On 30-12-2016 at 9:03 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Sure it can. I'm using my own playtime (if visible) on guides. You just have to be fast :D

I'm pretty sure they were in Colosseum.

50 hours so far: 

• Reached chapter 8 on NG+
  • Got everyone to lvl 99
  • Got a Final Fantasy and Credit disc
  • Got the Credit Up plan
  • Created every optional dungeon and looted them all :devil: .
  • Started farming Clione for around 337,something credit per win. 6 million down, only 94 more to go..... yay :( .

I beat all the available Colosseum matches and didn't get any. Downloaded the free Fairy Fencer F DLC and got an OP weapon for Neptune after beating that fight.

On 30-12-2016 at 6:30 PM, NerdRage04 said:

Hopefully with the new year we can finish up these trophies. The trophy list for January, which will be the last one, will happen the first or second of January. It will be a very easy trophy list..... or will it?

Oh yeah, there were thread trophies too :lol: .

I will be posting the trophy list Monday. I took a vacation, did some schooling, and found a new job. I will have tons of free time hopefully. It's going to be a great change of pace. 

I also will be closing this event (or at least round 1?) at the end of February.

10 hours ago, NerdRage04 said:

I will be posting the trophy list Monday. I took a vacation, did some schooling, and found a new job. I will have tons of free time hopefully. It's going to be a great change of pace. 

I also will be closing this event (or at least round 1?) at the end of February.

Welcome back and happy New Year :highfive: .

It's a shame this thread has been abandoned, there was always something funny going on in here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Welcome back and happy New Year :highfive: .

It's a shame this thread has been abandoned, there was always something funny going on in here.

8 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

I don't want to quote myself, so if you read a couple posts above you'll find my suggestion for a couple thread trophies :P

It's a pity that this is going to end the minute I was up for joining in :facepalm:

Hopefully something else will come to fill the blank.

3 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Man, it's sad to see this thread go. It's been quite the journey but I guess everything has got to end someday. 

Anyways, let's make the best out of this thread while it's still there. :)

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Don't do it! We don't want the thread to go!

We still haven't obtained all trophies, you CAN'T simply close it! xD

I said Round One, it was probably the holidays, website update, guide votes, etc. that made this thread go silent. I want to sit down and rework the main post, think of new trophies, new rewards, and new ways to keep this thread fun and laid back. I could use some help though.

Dragon, if you want to keep helping let me know and if anyone else wants to help let me know. Maybe 2 or 3 people total.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2016 at 0:40 PM, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Hello everyone! I wonder whether saying 666 in front of a mirror that is in front of this post will be enough to unlock :hidden: - *The Number of the Beast or not :P Or maybe the post needs to reach 666 pages :D

In any case, I would like to ask for some help. I would like to write a guide, my very first, for Chariot, one of last year's PS+ IGC games which I also think that might qualify for :hidden: - So It's Ultra Ultra Rare? Why do I think it might be enough to earn such trophy? Well, it has a 0,57% Ultra Rare platinum, and there is no guide out there for this game on any PStrophyhunters' kind of site (that I know of) -_-

Now the problem is that I cannot find a way to take screenshots in my PS3 and that's keeping me away from my (free premium membership :giggle:) guide :( (Evil plan?) lol The thing is that I want to use my own images (e.g. 100% revealed maps from each level) and not screenshots from other people's videos but I really don't know what to do. Would that be against the rules of guide-writing? (It's not clear to me) I think that taking pictures from the TV with a camera is kind of outdated right now :lol: Any advice?

Further comments about this guys? How do you do this?

Finally quoted myself :|

Sorry for the inactivity, guys. I can no longer find time for anything -_- Just look at my trophies earned after the year changed. That game (TWD Season 3) is the *only* game I've played on the PlayStation consoles since 2017 began.

I hope round 2 of this thread will be just as glorious as the first :D

@Dragon-Archon@BlindMango It appears pretty much all of my guides have broken links ever since the site update. I had uploaded images to those guides and used links to link to those images in cases where just using the picture was not going to work out (such as any solution links on my walkthroughs). Is there a new url I can use to quickly replace those or are the images gone completely and have to be reuploaded as well? I mean links like these.

20 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

@Dragon-Archon@BlindMango It appears pretty much all of my guides have broken links ever since the site update. I had uploaded images to those guides and used links to link to those images in cases where just using the picture was not going to work out (such as any solution links on my walkthroughs). Is there a new url I can use to quickly replace those or are the images gone completely and have to be reuploaded as well? I mean links like these.

Which guide are you talking about? I always copy and paste the images from Imgur directly and those weren't affected during the site update.

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Which guide are you talking about? I always copy and paste the images from Imgur directly and those weren't affected during the site update.

I'm not going to check them all right now, but Broken Age, any walkthrough, and Joe Dever's Lone Wolf are all broken now at least. I used direct PSNProfiles links to images uploaded to PSNP instead of off-site.

1 minute ago, zadorvp said:

I'm not going to check them all right now, but Broken Age, any walkthrough, and Joe Dever's Lone Wolf are all broken now at least. I used direct PSNProfiles links to images uploaded to PSNP instead of off-site.

Ah ok, if you've uploaded them to Imgur, try clicking on the images to enlarge them, then copy it. Afterwards just paste it directly in the guide and it should work.

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah ok, if you've uploaded them to Imgur, try clicking on the images to enlarge them, then copy it. Afterwards just paste it directly in the guide and it should work.

Pretty much all the images were uploaded to PSNP itself, not off-site. I may still have some on this current computer (Joe Dever at least) but some are probably entirely gone with my previous computer. Might have to retire those guides if I can't find replacement images. Not sure when I can find the time to do that either though -_-

46 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

Sorry for the inactivity, guys. I can no longer find time for anything -_- Just look at my trophies earned after the year changed. That game (TWD Season 3) is the *only* game I've played on the PlayStation consoles since 2017 began.

I hope round 2 of this thread will be just as glorious as the first :D

https://i.psnprofiles.com/guides/2758/6351bf.jpg   is this the original picture? Try putting "i." before psnprofiles and delete "/lib/img" and see if it works with your other pics.

• Like 1

Just now, Theladozz said:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/guides/2758/6351bf.jpg   is this the original picture? Try putting "i." before psnprofiles and delete "/lib/img" and see if it works with your other pics.

Ah, thank you! That's the correct one ^^ I was hoping there'd be an easy solution like that :P Now to just find the time to go through my guides and fix all the links xD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Dragon-Archon or @BlindMango. With the site update, it is possible anymore to make numbered lists continue through rows in tables? With the old site, I could just right-click on a number that was apart of a numbered list and change the number itself. I'm not given the option to do this anymore.

Here's a snippet of a table in one of my (unpublished) guides that shows this for reference. Notice the second row at the bottom of the table. If there is now a different way to do this, what would that be?

Snip.PNG

3 hours ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

With the site update, it is possible anymore to make numbered lists continue through rows in tables? 

Hey, so that's one of the things that aren't really easily done in the new editor but I should have it on the internal to-do list for Sly to re-add next time he updates the guide system further. For now you'll need to press the Code View button in the edit toolbar and do the following to the code. First start by making everything a numbered list, then go into the code and find the column and add start="6" for example after ol in the code, with "6" being an example of the starting number you want to add for that column. See the highlighted code in the image below for an example.

This is one of the things I need to add in more detail sort of like this in the guide manual Done :P 

fgnC1xF.jpg

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Hey, so that's one of the things that aren't really easily done in the new editor but I should have it on the internal to-do list for Sly to re-add next time he updates the guide system further. For now you'll need to press the Code View button in the edit toolbar and do the following to the code. First start by making everything a numbered list, then go into the code and find the column and add start="6" for example after ol in the code, with "6" being an example of the starting number you want to add for that column. See the highlighted code in the image below for an example.

This is one of the things I need to add in more detail sort of like this in the guide manual Done :P 

fgnC1xF.jpg

WE CAN HAZ CODE BACK?!

Now, when is this going to be on forums? :D

10 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

WE CAN HAZ CODE BACK?!

Now, when is this going to be on forums? :D

If you know the bbcodes you can still use most of them. The standard ones like url, img, b, i, s, sup, sub, font, color, list etc. work. You just have to know the syntax for them.

Only more obscure ones like anchor don't seem work anymore. You only have to fix some stupid newline handling if you copy the code from an external source (e.g. Notepad). :(