Adventures of Mana has been released in EU!

Satoshi Ookami

Square Enix listened! They actually released the game on Vita!

Even though it looked like we would only get it for mobiles.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/adventures-mana-ps-vita-now-available-europe

No news about NA release yet, but presumably, it will appear today.

It it more expensive than the mobile game and digital only, but still! SE listened!

• Like 3

I never did play this but Secret of Mana and Seiken Denetsu 3 were both awesome.

How does this hold up to either of those 2?

I can only tell for the original game but as a fan of the game I would say that MQ/FFA mostly lives from the nostalgia. Gameplay-wise I would say it's a toned down Zelda: Link to the Past or Link's Awakening. The story was rather rudimentary and common things like the Spirits didn't exist in the game. I read that Adventures of Mana is more of a mix between the first remake Sword of Mana gameplay-wise (which included spirits), with the original story kept true (Sword of Mana changed a lot :( ).

The biggest difference in comparison to Densetsu 2 and 3 is the fact that it's only a single person you have under control. There are also no classes like in Densetsu 3, but instead you can upgrade one of the four player's stat to be more of a mage or warrior-type.

I can only tell for the original game but as a fan of the game I would say that MQ/FFA mostly lives from the nostalgia. Gameplay-wise I would say it's a toned down Zelda: Link to the Past or Link's Awakening. The story was rather rudimentary and common things like the Spirits didn't exist in the game. I read that Adventures of Mana is more of a mix between the first remake Sword of Mana gameplay-wise (which included spirits), with the original story kept true (Sword of Mana changed a lot :( ).

The biggest difference in comparison to Densetsu 2 and 3 is the fact that it's only a single person you have under control. There are also no classes like in Densetsu 3, but instead you can upgrade one of the four player's stat to be more of a mage or warrior-type.

:( I really wish they would release both 2 and 3 with trophies. I would love to play through Secret of Mana with some people from this site and get the platinum :) I played the HELL out of that game back on the SNES even getting the Level 9 weapons

• Like 3

:( I really wish they would release both 2 and 3 with trophies. I would love to play through Secret of Mana with some people from this site and get the platinum :) I played the HELL out of that game back on the SNES even getting the Level 9 weapons

I would stop what I am doing and go through the whole thing again.  one of my all time favorite games.  Now if we could also get Chrono Trigger with some trophies...

• Like 3

This is great news! I never got to play the original because I didn't own a Gameboy, and I'd never touch an iOS/Android game because I don't hate myself.  :P But now it's on everyone's favourite little handheld? Count me in!  xD

Downloading this now. We Vita owners have got to support this kind of stuff.  :P