SSS rankings

So, I've never really played a Devil May Cry  game before. I beat both stories, got all collectibles and all secret missions and still no sss rank. Are certain modes better for sss rank? I was playing human for the record. Would I get better style scores on higher difficulty? Also, any tips for fighting dream slashers or the fat guy or the fat guy with a big red stomach?

• Like 1

Difficulty shouldn't matter too much. If you already have collectibles and stuff then the only thing you need to worry about is getting high combos and not using items. The best way I got high combos was using Trillion Stabs and using that spin move with those Angel blades on multiple enemies. The axe weapon is also good with giving high combo points.

The Dream guys can be stunned if you charge the fists when they teleport, and as soon as they jump out you punch them. I'm not sure which fat guy you're referring to unless you mean the ones that charge you. For those you dodge out of their way or get behind them and pull them to the ground and attack their back. Preferably with the axe weapon. The ones with the sawblades you can hit and run with them. I normally would just use Trillion Stabs and dodge before they hit, and then use the axe.

• Like 1

Got my trophy. Thanks for the tip. I ended up practicing my demon dodge and leveling up the axe. The trick for mobs of little guys is to use buy in from aquila to pull them close , then jump and ground pound with eryx.  Set up your big guys by darting them with kablooey first, then axe them, once they go invincible kablooey them and axe them again. As for the dual weilding chainsaws...I did okay with them on nephilim. I would punch them with eryx and then demon dodge away. With son of sparda the swing like 4 times so I would recommend angel dodge though the timing is sucky. I got my trophy. Thanks to all who helped. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, about DmC I'm still focused on finished the game on DmD, but still, I managed to get a SSS in the process, while farming against Virgil (I think it was in Nightmare). Not only you have to be good at combos but also be fast. You may end up with a S or SS on style but if you get a SSS in time, it helps a lot. What I normally do for combos, is it to use the Aquila's Buy In and gather all minions. After that, I immediatly use the Tornado move. If you don't get interrupted in the process, that should give you a SS/SSS immediatly. The axe is good because it gives lots of style points, so normally I switch between the Aquila, do a Trillion Stabs if possible with the sword, switch to the Axe and redo.

I did not focus on getting the SSS missions yet with Dante, but some of them don't seem too hard. I also heard that some people managed to do it on Heaven or Hell, because of the 1 hit, but I do not know if it gets harder or easier to get the SSS rank. 

Might as well return and say how it did go.

• Like 1

On 17.1.2018 at 4:45 PM, Caju_94 said:

... I also heard that some people managed to do it on Heaven or Hell, because of the 1 hit, but I do not know if it gets harder or easier to get the SSS rank. ...

i really tried that but i didnt get a SSS. Best way was on nephilim with good combos.

and of course demon dodge on every group of enemys

7 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

i really tried that but i didnt get a SSS. Best way was on nephilim with good combos.

and of course demon dodge on every group of enemys

Which Dante levels did you manage to get SSS ranks? Congratulations on the platinum by the way. ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Which Dante levels did you manage to get SSS ranks? Congratulations on the platinum by the way. 1f601.png

thx :) 1-4, 6, 10, 14, 15, 19-20. and dont forget that you can reload every checkpoint if you mess up a fight.

hardest one for me was 4 for some reason. had to do it much faster (8:30 maximum) for sss in time

• 1 year later...

I dont know what to do, I've tried everything to get an sss rank on all of the "easy" levels everyone is talking about. Like I just beat the news guy bob barbas and absolutely demolished him and the in between fights. I got over 200000 score points and it's still didnt give me the sss rank. I'm playing on human but even when I play on nephlim the closest I get is a s rank. I've done level 15 where theres hardly any fighting but the guys that are in that level I absolutely smash them and the closest I can get is ss. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong 

• 1 year later...

For anybody playing the game in 2020 like me (it took me long enough), I just got my 10th SSS on Heaven or Hell mode. If you try to only use the Arbiter's R2 + Traingle move and focus on not getting hit and killing the enemies quickly one after another, it makes it pretty easy. There is also no stress for reaching the time limit as every enemy dies in one hit so you can typically rush through it.

If you lose all your lives in this mode, close the application and boot it back up, you'll load into your last checkpoint with as many lives as you started the checkpoint with and it doesn't count as a loss. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2020 at 11:54 AM, Kahuninho said:

For anybody playing the game in 2020 like me (it took me long enough), I just got my 10th SSS on Heaven or Hell mode. If you try to only use the Arbiter's R2 + Traingle move and focus on not getting hit and killing the enemies quickly one after another, it makes it pretty easy. There is also no stress for reaching the time limit as every enemy dies in one hit so you can typically rush through it.

If you lose all your lives in this mode, close the application and boot it back up, you'll load into your last checkpoint with as many lives as you started the checkpoint with and it doesn't count as a loss. 

This is not working for me, I've scored SS/SSS/SSS on first mission but lost gold orbs got taken into account and resulted as an A in the overall score, so unless there's a way to not make gold orbs losses count, it might prove more frustrating than doing it on regular modes.

Edit. Ok found it, you have to quit the game each time you loose a gold orb, not only if you loose all 3, otherwise each lost gold orb works against the overall score.

Edited by Brightblade76