Is This Game Worth $5.99?

So Goosebumps is on sale through the 5th for $5.99 instead of $14.99, and I wanna know is it worth it for the discounted price. I know the trophy list is super easy, especially when looking the percentages, but if I'm gonna get a game just for the trophies, I'll get it from Gamestop, plat it and return it for my money back. I did enjoy the Jack Black movie a lot more than I thought I would, though., if that makes any difference to anyone's recommendation, or lack of.

I'd say yes, if you're a fan of Goosebumps. Gameplay is pretty meh to be perfectly honest, but I enjoyed it because I read the books and watched the show as a kid and there is a lot of nostalgia and references to certain monsters and books etc :)

If you're not a big fan I guess $6 isn't really much money but I doubt you'd get much enjoyment out of it.

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On

It's a point-and-click game, so if you're into them then it's fun.  I'm not and got it purely for a quick platinum but can't say it's been a bad time playing anyways.  You can get the plat in 2-3 hours by following a guide.  However if you play without one you'll probably spend quite a bit of time with it as none of it is very straight-forward.  Either way you end up playing it's not a bad game or trophy list for $5.99.  It DEFINITELY caters to fans of the books though, so if you're a fan of those then you'll probably at the very least enjoy the nods to various classic book characters, such as the dummy.  The story is literally about the monsters in the books escaping, so I'd definitely recommend it if you were a fan of the books.

Edited by azariaspice

Loved the game! It feels a bit like those old Superhero League of Hoboken type adventure games from back in the day. The puzzles were nice, but not too hard with the occasional curveball. No idea if you're purely going for the fast platinum or if you'd like to actually play it, but I had fun playing through it blind and then cleaned up with a guide.

Well if you are looking for easy earned trophies or platinums so the game is something for you, I bought this game while it was on sale and when exploring that the game does is really easy to complete I would be crazy for not buying it because why not. And it doesn't matter if you're into the story of Goosebumps or not, seriously the game is really easy and cheap enough.

Again the worth it or not question.. Well a little late now as the week 1 sale has ended but for me at 0.15 cents a trophie, thats pretty darn cheap.

Overall its worth the cheap price.  Puzzles and game play I found a little odd as others have stated but for the price its worth it.  A guide is most certainly needed if you want to complete this quick enough, it would be many many many hours without a guide IMO due to the cryptic requirements for some trophies.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...