July IGC

Xel

Looks like Fat Princess is no longer on the list, Yakuza 5 seems to be in it's place at least on the EU store.

so unfortunate because i paid full price for yakuza 5 when it came out ohhhh a few months ago

and i've never played fat princess, was actually looking forward to it lmao

so crazy

i hate you, sony

so unfortunate because i paid full price for yakuza 5 when it came out ohhhh a few months ago

so crazy

i hate you, sony

Check my correction adding to basket pops the price back up again.  Will check again tomorrow, it's either the usual thing of IGC game price not working or they messed listing the game entirely and it should be fat princess.

so crazy

i hate you, sony

Lol. I would have welcomed the change, even though I've never played a Yakuza game, and already have 4 in my download history. :/ Like has been said, you can get it free if you play that mobile game on a Vita/phone. But I'd imagine it was just a brief screw up, so you shouldn't have to worry if those aren't an option(or you don't want to play the mobile game). 

• Like 1

Because as far as I can tell it's essentially a PSP port of The Two Thrones, something you're better off playing on PS3 with trophies if you're into that (plus it runs better obviously).

Anyway this is a much better month. Maybe they're getting the hint? Fat Princess is pretty good but you can get it for free anyway by playing the free mobile game up until Level 15 and you'll own the game forever doing that as you just get a straight up download code for it. 

It's a port of Warrior Within, Rival Swords is The Two Thrones.

Although I think Revelations added in a whole extra area (wow!) compared to vanilla Warrior Within. May be mixing it up with Rival Swords, but one of them definitely has extra content. Rival Swords has an extra game mode for chariot races.

Lol. I would have welcomed the change, even though I've never played a Yakuza game, and already have 4 in my download history. :/ Like has been said, you can get it free if you play that mobile game on a Vita/phone. But I'd imagine it was just a brief screw up, so you shouldn't have to worry if those aren't an option(or you don't want to play the mobile game). 

Ahh yeah, just learned of that a few days ago.. slipped my mind when I replied here.. thanks for the reminder :) going to get it now

Japan really likes announcing their PS+ games late.

(PS4/PS3/Vita) Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (I know the listing says 7, but pretty sure JP naming convention is 1 earlier than international releases)

(PS4) Table Top Racing: World Tour

(PSP/Vita) God of War: Ghost of Sparta

(PS3) Sonic Adventure

(PS3) Space Channel 5 Part 2

(Vita) Dungeon Travelers 2

There are also a bunch of themes you get as well this month.

Source: https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/3273/20160705-psplus.html

(PS4/PS3/Vita) Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (I know the listing says 7, but pretty sure JP naming convention is 1 earlier than international releases)

(PS3) Sonic Adventure

Man I want some of those games for PNS Plus members :P

Just went to the PSN store for US and all games now are available to get for free now

PS3

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/call-of-juarez-bound-in-blood/cid=UP0001-NPUB30637_00-COJBIB0000000001

Fat Princess - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/fat-princess/cid=UP9000-NPUA80139_00-FATPRINCESS00001

PSVita

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/oreshika-tainted-bloodlines/cid=UP9000-PCSA00155_00-ORESHIKA2EUUS000

Prince of Persia®: Revelations - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/prince-of-persia-revelations/cid=UP0001-ULUS10063_00-POPREVELATIONSDL

PS4

Furi - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/furi/cid=UP0774-CUSA04917_00-00000000FURISCEA

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell/cid=UP2047-CUSA00997_00-DIGISAINTSROWGAT

Edited by ruffedgz

(PS3) Sonic Adventure

Gee, they get DT2 and DW... Nippon still winning.

Looks like Fat Princess is no longer on the list, Yakuza 5 seems to be in it's place at least on the EU store.

EDIT:

Correction, looks like a listings screw up, adding Yakuza 5 to the basket puts the price back to £32.99.  Best wait a day or so until they fix the listings I guess.

Damn, too bad... that would be godly month if we got Yakuza o.O

RE: our earlier discussion

I'm playing through Flame Over now and I like it, so I have to get back on my point on not having anything in two months in the past two years.

My initial point was that March 2016 and June 2016 went without games I liked. I now like Flame Over so it's only June now :)

Still in doubt about whether I should strike June 2016 off of that list as well. Gone Home was the only thing I played from that month and I did not like it, but that was still a title I actively wanted. At least now Sony has saved me the trouble of paying for that drag of a "game" (and I use the term very loosely, for more than one reason).

Still, only one month in 26 where I did not like anything on offer... There's no accounting for tastes but I guess my taste connects with PS+ :D

And yes, if you want to I will elaborate which games I liked and why. I might even persuade someone to try something new B)

Edited by BillyHorrible

I'm playing through Flame Over now and I like it, so I have to get back on my point on not having anything in two months in the past two years.

My initial point was that March 2016 and June 2016 went without games I liked. I now like Flame Over so it's only June now :)

Still in doubt about whether I should strike June 2016 off of that list as well. Gone Home was the only thing I played from that month and I did not like it, but that was still a title I actively wanted. At least now Sony has saved me the trouble of paying for that drag of a "game" (and I use the term very loosely, for more than one reason).

Still, only one month in 26 where I did not like anything on offer... There's no accounting for tastes but I guess my taste connects with PS+ :D

And yes, if you want to I will elaborate which games I liked and why. I might even persuade someone to try something new B)

By all means, elaborate. I'm always looking for game ideas.

By all means, elaborate. I'm always looking for game ideas.

Right, here goes. Spoilerised for those who don't want to see this chunk of text. Kept the texts fairly short, so feel free to ask if you want more on a specific game. I mention the system I played it on but a bunch are cross-buy. I also mention games I already bought myself so the list of titles for which PS+ was of use to me is smaller ,but if I'm recommending games that were on PS+ then I might as well add those.

The list with games I still have to play (including PS+ games) can be found over here. If you can recommend anything: please do. I'm behind on my PS+ gaming since I wanted to get my backlog of games for which I paid down first, got over 50 PS+ games I still want to play. As such it might seem like I see little of value in the past half year of PS+ but it just means that more of those months is still on my backlog.

June 2014:

PS4: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate. Still have not played through this game completely but I really liked what I played, I just got distracted with other games. The premise is basic but it's very appealing.

PS4: Trine 2. It's a fun co-op puzzler, did this together with the missus. Might get 1 and 3 some day, if we've finally gone through all LEGO games.

July 2014:

PS4: Strider. It's a fun 2.5D "metroidvania light" game. I never played the classic one but I really like this one.

August 2014:

PS4: Fez. Not played this yet on PS4 but I completed the story on X360, it's a very unique platformer. 32-bit graphics done right: nice to watch and fun to play.

PS4: Road Not Taken. Really tough roguelike puzzler. It's got a weird depressing vibe. Feels great to finally complete a career.

Vita: Metrico. As with many a Vita game, have not played through this completely yet, but I like it so far. Weird puzzle platformer.

September 2014:

PS4: Velocity 2X. Amazeballs. Awesome game, part shoot-em-up, part platformer, and all at breakneck F-Zero speed. Really awesome game.

October 2014:

PS4: Dust: An Elysian Tail. Played more of this on X360 (where I paid for it) than on PS4 but definitely going through this agian at some point.

PS4: Pix The Cat. A modern Pac-man variation. Very tough, very addictive, with some fun alternat play styles.

PS3: Batman Arkham Asylum. Of course I want this! Did not have a PS3 at that time or I would have gotten it myself. When I finally had a PS3 in 2015 and Arkham City went on a good sale, played them both back to back.

November 2014:

PS4: SteamWorld Dig. Fun little game to play, Immediately forgot about it afterwards. It's a digging platformer, not that difficult.

PS3: Luftrausers. Switch it on and let yourself be persuaded by the awesome music.

December 2014:

PS4: Titan Attacks. It's just Space Invaders in a new coating. Fun while it lasts.

January 2015:

PS4: Infamous First Light. Already bought this before it went on PS+ but it's a fun little addition to Second Son. Can be used as a try-out if you have not played an Infamous game yet.

PS3: Ducktales Remasterd. Enjoyed the classic on the NES, the sequel on the GameBoy, and this on X360 and now on PS3. Great classic platforming.

February 2015:

Vita: Kick & Fennick. Very cool platformer.

March 2015:

PS4: CounterSpy. Never bought this because of the screenshots but after PS+, I tried it out and boy was it fun. Being randomly generated keeps it refreshing until you're done with it. Played this on the Vita as well in the end.

PS4: Oddworld. Already bought this game beforehand and I don't regret it. Great remake of a classic tough platformer.

PS4: Valiant Hearts. Bought this game beforehand. It's a tragic story set in WWI... with comic book graphics. Very polarising, you'll like it or hate it for that and for the bare bones gameplay.

April 2015:

Vita: MonsterBag. Very fun game that starts all cheery and gets oh so dark, oh so quickly. And then it keeps on diving down.

May 2015:

PS4: The Unfinished Swan. Another month with many games I already owned, at this point I decided to concentrate on my backlog a bit more. Though not as interesting in the end as the demo and the first bits, it's still enjoyable as a whole.

PS4: Race The Sun. Bought it before it went on PS+. A well done infinite racer.

PS4: Hohokum. Bought it before it went on PS+.More art than game, really. Very nice and relaxing.

Vita: Murasaki Baby. Weird little game, this. Lots of fun while it lasts though.

June 2015:

PS4: Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes. Better than Phantom Pain in my eyes, I love the stealthy spy stuff but I don't like Quiet or the supernatural additions in PP.

July 2015:

PS3: Rain. Got distracted by another game so I did not finish this but I liked what I played.

August 2015:

PS4: Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris. Awesome game to play online with four friends. Can safely be ignored if you only want to play single player games.

PS4: Limbo. Bought it before it went on PS+. Great platformer, played through it on X360 as well.

September 2015:

PS4: Grow Home. Voted for this and I don't regret it. Fun little game.

PS4: Teslagrad. Bought it before it went on PS+. Great 2D puzzle platformer with a twist.

October 2015:

PS4: Broken Age. Still have to play through the rest but completed part 1 for the girl and I really enjoyed it. It's a point and click game with lots of humour.

PS4: Super Meat Boy. Awesome that this went on PS+ right away because I loved the game on X360. Amazing minimalistic tough as nails platformer.

PS4: Unmechanical Extended. Bought it before it went on PS+. Sweet little puzzle platformer.

PS3: Kung Fu Rabbit. If Super Meat Boy is the Gremlin, then Kung Fu Rabbit is the Mogwai.

November 2015:

PS3: Mass Effect 2. Because of course I need this. Bought Mass Effect 1 in a sale and played both back to back. Already played through the whole trilogy on X360.

December 2015:

Vita: Rocketbirds. Started on this the last time I had no access to my consoles and boy is it fun. Well made run and gun game.

January 2016:

PS4: Grim Fandango Remastered. Bought it before it went on PS+. Nice point and click game but I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I had actually played the original.

Vita: Nihilumbra. Only played a little bit but I'm really enjoying it so far.

February 2016:

Vita: Lemmings Touch. Great to get another Lemmings game, even if nothing beats the original.

March 2016:

PS4: Flame Over. Spelunky with a hose. Really liked it thouh the starting stats make the game too tough. Makes me wonder if I have to give SPelunky another chance.

April 2016:

PS4: Shutshimi. Very random quirky shoot-em-up. Definitely would not have paid for this one but I must admit it made me giggle a couple of times.

May 2016:

PS4: Tropico 5. Awesome construction game, it's a tough order for a console but I think they really made it work.

PS4: Table Top Racing World Tour. Would not have given this game a fair shot if it had not been on PS+ but it's really addictive.

June 2016:

PS3: Echochrome. Bought it before it went on PS+. Great puzzle platformer with a twist though it could not keep me captivated long enough. But then again there's so damn much content in there that it was pretty much a given.

My post isn't so much trying to convince you that I am right, it's more of a growing concern I have for our IGC in general. I don't mind whether I'm offered a game like Metal Gear Solid or a game like Journey. Both would be amazing. I would say based on the whole conversation that you are right in saying it is thinking us earlier adopters of PS Plus feel like it is declining. I wouldn't say it's completely bad.

Tropico 5 is a great example that you mentioned. Having 2 separate and very expensive expansions was a bit off putting. I have a few reasons for disliking PSP games in the IGC. They aren't Vita games to begin with. To me, getting a PSP game in IGC would be like Sony giving us something like Reel Fishing (a PS1 game) and saying 'what, you don't like it? But it works on PS3. Too bad, U mad bro?' Secondly, they don't have trophy support, which I find disappointing. Lastly, it's because Vita does have an amazing library of games, especially RPG's and adventure games. Something like Tearaway or even a LEGO title would have sufficed.

Agreed, nothing wrong with a friendly discussion at all  B)

Well if developers are required to have trophies for their games, why doesnt it apply to IGC?

Just gone into the Store to add Saints Row to my PS4 download list, and it's asking me to shell out £15.99 to do so.  Every other game in PS+ is showing as free, as they should do, but Saints Row wants me to pay for it.  What's that about?  Anyone else experiencing this?