Spot the Reference

Orlay_

Borderlands 2 is riddled with references to other classic and pop culture. As sort of a game, list one or two references that do not spoil quest or story missions.

---------------------

Gunzerker skill: "5 shots or 6" - Dirty Harry: Are you feelin' lucky punk line.

Gunzerker skill: Yippe Ki Yay - Die Hard

There is a reference to the double rainbow guy somewhere in the world. Either Jack or Clap Trap will reinact the hilarity.

It's in the highlands. You have to jump off a cliff to get to the tent.

-------------------------

Solitaire, the knight that dies in the beginning of Dark Souls, can be found in the caustic caverns.

Roland has a facebook page, you can view freezeframes of his page in the firehawk lair.

Many friendly NPCs say "Winter is Coming." A popular phrase in Game of Thrones. Related, there is also a challenge called Game of Thorns.

While you walk through the Hyperion lab in the wildlife explotation preserve, the intercom asks for a moment of silence for the past doctor who actors by their names.

Costume references:

Rose Tailor - Rose Taylor reference to the Doctor Who companion. (One of several Doctor Who references) - Maya

Ultra Marine - Zero's tribute costume to the might Ultramarines in Warhammer

Axton's Blue Period - Lilo and Stitch reference. When stitch is destroying lilo's things he picks up a picture.. she yells " No that's from my Blue Period!"

Axton's Blue Period - Lilo and Stitch reference. When stitch is destroying lilo's things he picks up a picture.. she yells " No that's from my Blue Period!"

Which is also a reference to Picasso's Blue Period.

Maya's Vladof skin is a reference to the Soviets while there is a very big reference to Minecraft in the game.

If you've listened to Gaige's (the Mechromancer) first ECHO log, she mentions something about having 12 followers...now 11. Obvious reference to Twitter.

Laney White & the 7 Midgets... obviously Snow White and the 7 Dwarves

And I'm damn sure, I've heard a psycho say "I am the one who knocks!" If I'm right, that's a Breaking Bad reference

Numerous heads & skins refer to various pop culture. a couple off the top of my head are Salvadore's "Breaking Bald" head and Zero's "Why So Serious" skin.

Oh and a loading screen I saw last night...

"If you shoot a fire skag with a fire based weapon, you're gonna have a bad time." Which obviously, is the ski instructor from South Park. (or the meme based on it, however you want to look at it.)

This one isn't too well known among players:

Lord of the Rings Reference.

On your second playthrough, after completing the quest "Where angels fear to tread", go to claptraps house and look in the fire. Pick up Geary's echo device. Now, without dying or fast travel, walk or drive from claptraps house to the volcano in eridium blight. When you see geary, he will walk up and melee you, talking the echo device, and jump off a cliff into lava. Afterwards, 3 rakk will fly in and drop three chests.. one will ALWAYS contain purple loot.

• 2 weeks later...

When you first meet Scooter's sister, there's another guy there named Loggins who has a side quest for you. That quest is riddled with Top Gun references (volleyball, shirtless men, "you can be my wingman anytime!", etc.). And of course, Kenny Loggins is the guy who sings the Danger Zone song in Top Gun.