Game Works Until I Get To Start Menu, I Press Start And Nothing Happens

So, I have this for PS3.  I ordered it on amazon from a third party seller.  The game is brand new, it was sealed and everything. I know it's not a hardware issue, because I'm also currently playing Lego Batman with no issues especially with the start button and I'm also watching Season 6 of Xena, again with no issues.  The game loads fine, I see the intro with the characters and what not then it says "Press Start" and I press it and nothing happens.  I check to make sure I'm at the right angle for the PS3 to read I pressed start, etc.  The only other game I have active is Lego Batman.  I contacted the seller on amazon but I haven't received a response yet.  I don't know if I should send it back to get another game but I worry this may happen again.  Did I get stuck with a game that has a bug in it?  Has this happened to anyone else?

Please help.

Thanks in advance for answers.

OK so I had contacted Little Orbit who made the game and they told me that some other people have had this issue and they said the people who have had this issue bought an updated model of the PS3 controller, from a sixaxis to a DualShock 3 and the game worked after that for them.  The seller on amazon refunded my money and told me I could keep the game so I can use the money I got back hopefully to find a DualShock 3 controller.  I'm glad that's all it was.