FINE PLAY Prison Boss Trophy won't pop!

PyroDragon64

For like 2 days I've been trying to get this trophy. I deleted my game TWICE plus my Ray DLC, backed up my save files and deleted those, and even started the game over TWO TIMES to try to get this damn trophy on the next go around, but it just won't pop and, from what I've seen, it's only popped for two people. This happened to me before with the Round Digger opening boss, but that fixed itself on my second run through the game, but it feels like the Prison stage boss is completely glitched on the trophy end. I get the in-game achievement, but never the trophy. Any tips on how to work around that or is this game gonna be impossible to get a platinum on except for those two lucky souls that the game didn't glitch out on?

Believe me you are not the only person that has been affected by this. I have sent a message to one of the achievers, but I have not heard any replies yet. Heck, there are even times where I have manged to get 3 FINE PLAYs, but still do not get the trophy.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know if this is isolated to the PS3 version or is it affecting all platforms?

Apparently it only affects the PS3 version. When I checked on the PS4 version, people are getting the platinums with ease. Can't wait to see how it goes once the Vita version gets released.

Not only that, but it seems that it occurs randomly, as some of the people have earned the trophy from different regions.

Edited by GarciaFever

Oh boy, as much as I wanna be the first person to get this platinum trophy, my theory will only work if someone helps me, plus I do wanna help other trophy hunters. I haven't tested anything yet, but here's my theory. I was trying to set records on the leaderboards (currently got 1st place for Pyrogen, Cyrosphere, and Dynatron stages and I think Battle Colosseum, but I have to double check) and I notice that my record for the Prison Stage NEVER registers. Likewise, only ONE person had a record on the leaderboards for that one stage despite multiple people having the trophy for clearing all challenges. My theory is that the problem has something to do with Call herself. The other Fine Play trophies were glitchy too, but they eventually worked ( usually after the second attempt). I'm thinking that if two players attempt this trophy in Co-op, it MIGHT pop for the player controlling Beck because the one constant variable with this stage and trophy is that the Call level itself is buggy and having the game register the trophy for Beck MIGHT fix that.

Again, haven't tried it yet and I'd welcome anyone to add me to try and attempt it and if it works for other people, please say so in the comments. If that doesn't work, then I can only assume the trophy pop is based on pure luck until a patch and that the majority of hunters are just screwed on this one. Also, for Mado-kami, I'll try downloading the file on my external hard drive and see if I can get anything working from it. I heard people theorize the glitch may have to do with problems registering the bullet dodge Fine Play for the K-9 boss so I think it's best to try for the bomb first and then dodge the bullets, but I think we can all agree that 3 years and 4 million dollars for a game with buggy trophies is just embarrassing to say the least.

I've posted about it on the playstationtrophies forum and an user said that the trophies are probably cross platform and we can get it on ps4.

But not everyone has access to a ps4 so let's try to find the solution.

I agree with you PyroDragon64, if you want to try it on co-op feel free to send me a friend request.

Edited by jykka1

Mado-kami and I attempted the co-op theory, it does NOT work. Fine Plays aren't even registered online so it looks like the 6 people with this trophy must have gotten purely by chance as both Mado and I have done the Prison stage under multiple conditions to get the trophy to pop and none of them work. If someone else finds a solution, please post it here.

I've noticed that if you dodge all the bullets during the "random directions shots" and then jump and keep holding (X) to hover the Fine Play won't appear. Also, when the dog has the camera and look at Call to shoot even if you get hit by the bullets the fine play message will appear.

I've tried many other ways but none of them worked, everything you could imagine... Even changed game setting and did some combinations.

I've noticed that if you dodge all the bullets during the "random directions shots" and then jump and keep holding (X) to hover the Fine Play won't appear. Also, when the dog has the camera and look at Call to shoot even if you get hit by the bullets the fine play message will appear.

I've tried many other ways but none of them worked, everything you could imagine... Even changed game setting and did some combinations.

What I don't understand is that I have messaged one of the few people that have earned the trophy, and he told me that I needed to wait until the yellow pincer bot was about to explode before the dog starts to eat it, but that didn't work either. Can anyone be able to send a message to the game's creator/developer and tell them o fix this game please?

What I don't understand is that I have messaged one of the few people that have earned the trophy, and he told me that I needed to wait until the yellow pincer bot was about to explode before the dog starts to eat it, but that didn't work either. Can anyone be able to send a message to the game's creator/developer and tell them o fix this game please?

i don't know if developers like these fix trophies i plan on buying this game also it seems fun despite bad reviews i just wont be able to plat it. 

Edited by DeadlyHawk78

Yeah I wrote the guide lol.

even though i'm not planing to play the game, but at least thanks for the heads up, online trophies is something, then we have the glitched trophies... wonder where the rest of the 4 million of the Kickstarter went? this is definitely not a game it's development should cost 4 million, judging on how low budget the game's look, it felt like a $50.000 or I don't know.

Edited by yellowwindow7

I'm glad this didn't affect the PS4 version, I had no issues getting the trophy.

even though i'm not planing to play the game, but at least thanks for the heads up, online trophies is something, then we have the glitched trophies... wonder where the rest of the 4 million of the Kickstarter went? this is definitely not a game it's development should cost 4 million, judging on how low budget the game's look, it felt like a $50.000 or I don't know.

The game has some online features, this can cost a lot more than first expected. Also, fluid animations etc with 2D sprites does actually take a lot more work than you'd think. Honestly, they should have focused on the single player experience and not added a lot of extra stuff.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

That is the risk with Kickstarter games we've had some winners and some losers. After putting personal feelings aside this game isn't bad nor great just meh but on that same hand 4 million is not alot of money we have to factor in Kickstarter costs,dev cost,merchandise,trademarks ect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well There is one guy Who platinum The Trophy

But we're talking about this guy who wasn't affected by The glitch.

But here's the mystery on August 5 Or 9 Guy named on This Psn User ( OngRui0909 ) Unlocked The ( Prison Trophy ) that Hell Wouldn't want to Get it right after getting the percentage 98% On Mighty 9 ? I know we all would be lucky if this game wasn't as poor design as it is.

Don't get me wrong but I would rather wait idk 3 or 6 years

But then again playing a second time on ps4 wouldn't be that bad.

But if This Guy got it

Then This Game is just based on luck and Irony.just completely Ridiculous.

Well If Someone knows anything about this

Glitch and a way of fixing it. Then don't be greedy or shy about it

We all are just here to help ppl and enjoy this Trophy Support kind of games.

Edited by KMM585

Yeah after asking some people I've come to the conclusion that this glitch is probably console based. Apparently, some PS3s also glitch on the First Boss trophy and on Mighty no. 8, the people that has that PS3s can get the Prison Boss one.

It can also be region based...

[Edit]
It is probably region based...

Edited by jykka1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah after asking some people I've come to the conclusion that this glitch is probably console based. Apparently, some PS3s also glitch on the First Boss trophy and on Mighty no. 8, the people that has that PS3s can get the Prison Boss one.

[Edit]

That's messed up. So my entire console, ya know the thing I used to play the damn game, is possibly the reason I couldn't get the trophy. I have PS3 Super Slim model so I have no clue how you get around that without taking out my old fat 60gb and fixing its YLOD for the fifth time to see if the trophy pops on it. That said, for anyone still spotting this thread, ONE person has actually managed to get the platinum trophy and it actually looks legit by the stats on their profile. This person is based in Russia. Make of that what you will.

That's messed up. So my entire console, ya know the thing I used to play the damn game, is possibly the reason I couldn't get the trophy. I have PS3 Super Slim model so I have no clue how you get around that without taking out my old fat 60gb and fixing its YLOD for the fifth time to see if the trophy pops on it. That said, for anyone still spotting this thread, ONE person has actually managed to get the platinum trophy and it actually looks legit by the stats on their profile. This person is based in Russia. Make of that what you will.

Yeah I've talked to him and another guy, that's why I've came to the theory that the glitch is region based

• 4 weeks later...

[Edit]

if it's a region based issue, have you tried the below?

backup all save file and delete all of them. launch the game, change the confirmation to reverse in the general option and start a new game and play through it again.

notice quite a few of the IDs are from asia and the system here uses O for confirm and X for back.