FINE PLAY Prison Boss Trophy won't pop!

PyroDragon64

if it's a region based issue, have you tried the below?

backup all save file and delete all of them. launch the game, change the confirmation to reverse in the general option and start a new game and play through it again.

notice quite a few of the IDs are from asia and the system here uses O for confirm and X for back.

Would that do anything though? If I can somehow get an Asian copy of the game, then I can test to see if it is in fact region based. Otherwise, this game will just sit on the shelf collecting dust until I can go back one day to clean up the Hyper difficulty trophy, boss rush mode difficulty, and the 36th single player challenge trophy.

Would that do anything though? If I can somehow get an Asian copy of the game, then I can test to see if it is in fact region based. Otherwise, this game will just sit on the shelf collecting dust until I can go back one day to clean up the Hyper difficulty trophy, boss rush mode difficulty, and the 36th single player challenge trophy.

i wouldnt know. i also have a region 3 version of the game. but unfortunately, i tried to play the game on my ps3 which is bought from the US and I too encounter the trophy not unlocking. I just copied that save file that contain the progress of my story mode and tried it on my Asian Ps3 and I noticed that the button configurations are reversed. But same thing. the trophy is not unlocking. so maybe I need to start fresh. I just wanna share this observation since I am currently not free to try it out and others are suggesting that it might be a region based issue.

Edited by BuTTBR41N

if it's a region based issue, have you tried the below?

backup all save file and delete all of them. launch the game, change the confirmation to reverse in the general option and start a new game and play through it again.

notice quite a few of the IDs are from asia and the system here uses O for confirm and X for back.

doesnt work for me. so dont bother trying.

So, we need to try it on a Region 3 ps3... Which I haven't had the chace yet.

nope. it's just randomly not popping for the unlucky us.

i had played the game starting from scratch twice.

1st on my ps3 super slim bought from the US.

2nd on my ps3 slim bought in singapore, where i live.

trophy did not pop at all. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can not guarantee I will be able to help you guys out, but I am usually really good at figuring out glitched problems in games and finding work arounds. If anyone is still determined and persistent on the PS3 Trophy set and a Fine Play! Trophy that glitched on you, let me know and I can try and help. I started the game fresh today and I already have the Fine Pay! Trophies for all the bosses. No it was not just luck, I was very careful in what I did and thought things through. I actually encountered the trophy not unlocking glitch when I was trying to get it from the Opening Boss, but managed to find a work around. My point being, if you guys want help or answers, let me test my theories with a few of you guys that are struggling and if all goes well, I will see if Garcia will use my new found info in his guide in order to make the PS3 version a possible game for many players finally :3

• 2 weeks later...

I can not guarantee I will be able to help you guys out, but I am usually really good at figuring out glitched problems in games and finding work arounds. If anyone is still determined and persistent on the PS3 Trophy set and a Fine Play! Trophy that glitched on you, let me know and I can try and help. I started the game fresh today and I already have the Fine Pay! Trophies for all the bosses. No it was not just luck, I was very careful in what I did and thought things through. I actually encountered the trophy not unlocking glitch when I was trying to get it from the Opening Boss, but managed to find a work around. My point being, if you guys want help or answers, let me test my theories with a few of you guys that are struggling and if all goes well, I will see if Garcia will use my new found info in his guide in order to make the PS3 version a possible game for many players finally :3

Anything that will help others get the trophy will be awesome.

Edited by GarciaFever

Hey, I am more than happy to help, but it is a lot to type and I do not have the time, but would be more than happy to talk to you on Skype or PS4 via voice chat if you want the details. Then you can write it and try it yourself dude :)

I would normally write it out myself, but am very busy. I can talk while I do things tho. People have already asked me, but none can talk via voice chat and I want to help them, but have been to busy to type them the guide :(

• 3 weeks later...

Did you guys tried without any patch installed? (if there's one?)

Have you tried on disc or digital version?

If you all make a list of what didn't work maybe we could pinpoint what may actually work...

I haven't played the game yet, I got the digital EU version on the PSS in a sale, and the game happens to be cross-buy. Not really up to try it on my main account and get stuck with yet another unfinished(-able) game but, is this prison boss far in the game?

Also does this game has cross-save and would that help unlock trophies from one of the other versions?

On 12/28/2016 at 9:08 AM, GastNDorf said:

Did you guys tried without any patch installed? (if there's one?)

Have you tried on disc or digital version?

If you all make a list of what didn't work maybe we could pinpoint what may actually work...

I haven't played the game yet, I got the digital EU version on the PSS in a sale, and the game happens to be cross-buy. Not really up to try it on my main account and get stuck with yet another unfinished(-able) game but, is this prison boss far in the game?

Also does this game has cross-save and would that help unlock trophies from one of the other versions?

I have purchased the PS4 copy, which came with the PS3 version and (supposedly) the vita version for free. I was able to get the trophy with ease on the PS4 with 2 different accounts.Cross save does not work as both PS4 and PS3 have their own trophy lists, even though they are the exact same.

I made a back-up copy of the save data on my USB and deleted anything related to the game. Now I will try to get the trophy while purposely ignoring the other FINE PLAYs from the bosses, and play offline. If this doesn't work, then I honestly don't know what will.

EDIT: just re-did the whole game brand new, and even without getting any other FINE PLAYs, the fucking trophy still didn't unlock for me, even while playing offline. If there is a physical version for the PS3, has anyone tried doing it that way? It may just be a hunch, but I think it has something to do with the digital version of the game.

Edited by GarciaFever

On 12/28/2016 at 4:30 AM, GarciaFever said:

Wait what? Is there any information that you can post in which they said they were doing this?

this 2 were being released in the asia psn store on the 21st dec.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-sg/games/addons/mighty-no-9-golden-beck/cid=EP4062-NPEB02278_00-ASIA000000000004

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-sg/games/addons/mighty-no-9-megaxel-form/cid=EP4062-NPEB02278_00-ASIA000000000003

4 hours ago, BuTTBR41N said:

Can't see anything when I click the link, but I assume that it's just more costumes for Beck. I can probably guarantee that they won't fix the problem that almost everyone still has on the PS3 version.

23 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Can't see anything when I click the link, but I assume that it's just more costumes for Beck. I can probably guarantee that they won't fix the problem that almost everyone still has on the PS3 version.

you need to sign out of your account to view it. yeah just more costumes but still dlc. so instead of fixing their shit, they have the audacity to try to milk more money out of their shit. lol...

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP GUYS I GOT THE TROPHY!!!!

I will post a new video on my youtube channel, as well as on the trophy guide for unlocking the trophy, and I will also post Jwalfe's video in the trophy guide. Basically, you have to not hit the eye until you dodge the bullet wave 3 times. Me and Jwalfe have both tested this trick on our own accounts (mine is Canada and his Germany) and we both got the trophy.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 3

Lmao, I did not think to include tid bits like that lol. But I had dodged it multiple times in the boss fight when I got the trophy (yes he still had his eye). I just was trying to survive as it was my 1st time fighting him. So yea, maybe these trophies are not glitched but have super precise requirements on bosses like the Opening boss and Prison Boss (2 most commonly glitched Fine Play! Trophy bosses).

Sorry, it might have helped to include details like that when I gave you the info for tips way back Garcia, but I did not think that had any influence on the trophy unlocking.

Am happy you finally got the trophy :D

• Like 1

@JOEYGGDXDREAPER7 No worries, and thank you. Originally when I first fought against the boss way back, I thought that all I had to do was shoot the eye and either use the shield or dodge to get the FINE PLAY, but never would I have imagined the trophy having super hidden requirements that almost nobody would know of. At least it's nice to know I won't have another unobtainable platinum in my collection.

Edited by GarciaFever