Advice for the stats-trophies

crimsonidol38

If you own Plus you could create backup saves at around level 60+ (depending on how much you need) if you were like me and decided to do the first 10 levels even until seeing the actual stat count.

Edited by fisty123

If you own Plus you could create backup saves at around level 60+ (depending on how much you need) if you were like me and decided to do the first 10 levels even until seeing the actual stat count.

Don't forget the CMA-backup via PS3 and/or PC. ;)

And luckily, this game also has 10 save slots so it's no big deal either.

Personally I'm fine as I only lost one (or maybe two) level but I just wanted to give a quick heads up for all those who haven't started it yet and may not want to handle with multiple saves or backups of those.

Don't forget the CMA-backup via PS3 and/or PC. ;)

And luckily, this game also has 10 save slots so it's no big deal either.

Personally I'm fine as I only lost one (or maybe two) level but I just wanted to give a quick heads up for all those who haven't started it yet and may not want to handle with multiple saves or backups of those.

I am just about to enter the Dime Tower, doing all this from memory took it toll on more then one occasion that I forgot all about checking the trophy list and was too far into the game to restart so I will be using multiple saves to get the stat trophies as I am going to fall 15 - 20 points short on some areas

I did it a couple of times. Once you get to level 95ish or what works out for 99, create a second save as you don't need to have the 99 stats all at the same time.

Ok thanks, but at this time i have already started a new game and make a speed run, i have lost 2 hrs though :(

i'm now at the final boss and was only level 46 or so... his third phase is one-shotting me btw :(

i already farmed the elephants in the antechamber to level 56 or so, but the grind is real! to be honest i don't really know how someone did it in under 15hrs total ;)

also i'm pretty sure that i got all items (i printed a list and checked them off), but didn't get the trophy.

but other than that i really liked the game. perhaps i'll get back to it somewhen later.

i'm now at the final boss and was only level 46 or so... his third phase is one-shotting me btw :(

i already farmed the elephants in the antechamber to level 56 or so, but the grind is real! to be honest i don't really know how someone did it in under 15hrs total ;)

also i'm pretty sure that i got all items (i printed a list and checked them off), but didn't get the trophy.

but other than that i really liked the game. perhaps i'll get back to it somewhen later.

If you know what you have to do it's somehow possible. I'm a slow mover and even though I didn't had to, I traversed all areas when I first visited them (even though I know the original) and my save after the grind was somewhere around 15:30 hrs. So it's doable if you are lucky with the items.

Level 56 to 60 should be sufficient. I was in the low 60s when I finished him. Also checked my GameBoy-version (where the battery still lives <3 ) and there I was level 55 on one save and level 60 on the other. Some advices:

- Keep using the shortcut to get healed by Fuji

- Avoid direct contact with him

- Best bet is to wait until your Power-gauge is full and then do the Sword-attack where Sumo flies over the whole screen (tap the D-Pad/Analog stick and attack). He can't hurt you while doing

- Keep on moving

*snip*

thanks for the tips, appreciated! :)

and i also just read somewhere that touching his hands is in fact a OHKO, or at least meant to deal huge amounts of damage. i guess i just was too careless in his third phase, since most content before that was almost too easy, even with my relatively low level.

one last question about the elephant-farming, perhaps i'm missing something: is there a trick to it? i didn't try every weapon, but i can only attack them from behind. this positioning slows the process down obviously.

i tried using nuke/flare, which kills them in two casts, but i run out of mana before leveling up (which would refill it). the special attack of the sword also isn't THAT helpful. ;)

thanks for the tips, appreciated! :)

and i also just read somewhere that touching his hands is in fact a OHKO, or at least meant to deal huge amounts of damage. i guess i just was too careless in his third phase, since most content before that was almost too easy, even with my relatively low level.

one last question about the elephant-farming, perhaps i'm missing something: is there a trick to it? i didn't try every weapon, but i can only attack them from behind. this positioning slows the process down obviously.

i tried using nuke/flare, which kills them in two casts, but i run out of mana before leveling up (which would refill it). the special attack of the sword also isn't THAT helpful. ;)

I did it with the MAX sword move (the one where Sumo flies in a straight line twice and not the spinning one - this will generally always hit the elephants unless they happen to just turn around right as you would have hit them) every time. It felt like the quickest way and the limit gauge fills up very fast. I did melee hit any that were alone/near exits though since no point in waiting for the limit on those.

• Like 2

Like zadorvp said the sword is the best thing you can use. In the early levels (up to level 70 or so) it takes several hits with Excalibur to get them down but later on you can just fly through them with that one move.

• Like 1

Reckon I might just level up Warrior until Level 50 and just do Mage from then on just so I can keep track of it. How important does magic become in the game? Can I get through most of it neglecting it

You can get through the entire game without ever using magic outside of puzzles apart from maybe having to use healing magic.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...