Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

I started on critical mode as well. It was frustrating but it drastically cut down my time to platinum. I don't know what changed between the Final Mix edition and the original but Saix is one of the easier bosses in the game. The fights you really need to be worried about are Xemnas, Axel and Zexion. Those fights definitely frustarted me the most but then again it's just my opinion  :). Good luck with the game once you start it!

Oh yeah, I heard about KH2FM having boss fights against all members of Organization XIII. What about Xaldin? I found Saïx very annoying in KH2 on the PS2. He kept the pressure on the fight when going berserk. I usually transformed into the wisdom form, jumped to avoid his shock waves, and kept shooting homing magic. Thanks :D.

Oh yeah, I heard about KH2FM having boss fights against all members of Organization XIII. What about Xaldin? I found Saïx very annoying in KH2 on the PS2. He kept the pressure on the fight when going berserk. I usually transformed into the wisdom form, jumped to avoid his shock waves, and kept shooting homing magic. Thanks :D.

The first fight against Xaldin at Beast's Castle is extremely difficult, however his data fight is not nearly as difficult. Let me know if you have anymore questions about Kingdom Hearts 2 and I would be happy to help  :) !

I made a lot of progress on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix today! I did the dalmatians, trinities and mini games for Jiminy's Journal. Then I won the Phantom and Kurt Ziza fights. I also started the Synthesis grind but I didn't get very far. All I have to do now is level and synthesis grinding before taking on the other three secret bosses, Then comes the gummi ship missions. Oh joy  :rolleyes: .

Trophies earned:10Sb04563.png9S4aed1f.png18Sc75bab.png20S777b9b.png33Se62332.png35S3a5f75.png38Sa82f7f.png39Se784a0.png40S6b2ded.png43Sbb49f6.png

The first fight against Xaldin at Beast's Castle is extremely difficult, however his data fight is not nearly as difficult. Let me know if you have anymore questions about Kingdom Hearts 2 and I would be happy to help  :) !

I made a lot of progress on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix today! I did the dalmatians, trinities and mini games for Jiminy's Journal. Then I won the Phantom and Kurt Ziza fights. I also started the Synthesis grind but I didn't get very far. All I have to do now is level and synthesis grinding before taking on the other three secret bosses, Then comes the gummi ship missions. Oh joy  :rolleyes: .

Trophies earned:10Sb04563.png9S4aed1f.png18Sc75bab.png20S777b9b.png33Se62332.png35S3a5f75.png38Sa82f7f.png39Se784a0.png40S6b2ded.png43Sbb49f6.png

Only thing that comes to mind is the synthesis system: did SE messed it up like in KHFM by adding lots of new and rare materials that are annoying to get?

Most gummi ship missions aren't that bad, the only thing that's very annoying is if you have Monstro between Agrabah and Atlantica for the mission to go between Deep Jungle to Atlantica. To prevent that, you have to go to Halloween Town first after completing Agrabah, so Monstro will spawn there 95% of the time. All others can be done within a few retries.

Well I'm pausing my work on BBS since I'm just a little frustrated.  I keep getting beat by Armor of Eraqus since I keep getting stuck in a combo and can't heal.

Good idea. It's better to just take a break instead of beating your head in, but don't give in to the temptation to quit.

I'll be working on KHFM eventually, I promise.

I started on critical mode as well. It was frustrating but it drastically cut down my time to platinum. I don't know what changed between the Final Mix edition and the original but Saix is one of the easier bosses in the game. The fights you really need to be worried about are Xemnas, Axel and Zexion. Those fights definitely frustarted me the most but then again it's just my opinion  :). Good luck with the game once you start it!

The game itself is harder, but the new abilities, specially the new drive form, make the game feel easier since you're better equiped to deal with the increased difficulty.

Only thing that comes to mind is the synthesis system: did SE messed it up like in KHFM by adding lots of new and rare materials that are annoying to get?

Most gummi ship missions aren't that bad, the only thing that's very annoying is if you have Monstro between Agrabah and Atlantica for the mission to go between Deep Jungle to Atlantica. To prevent that, you have to go to Halloween Town first after completing Agrabah, so Monstro will spawn there 95% of the time. All others can be done within a few retries.

Unfortunately, SE did add more Final Mix exclusive enemies and synthesis items. However, they can all be found in the Cavern of Rememberance so it isn't that much of a hassle to get all of the items you need  :).

It's not that I find the gummi ship missions difficult, I just can't stand them in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. There so boring  :|.  At least in KH2 the routes are more detailed and fleshed out with some amazing music.

The game itself is harder, but the new abilities, specially the new drive form, make the game feel easier since you're better equiped to deal with the increased difficulty.

The new abilities and drive form definitely made the game a lot easier. If it wasn't for Limit form I don't think I would have been able to get through some of those data organization battles.

Edited by Kent10201

Unfortunately, SE did add more Final Mix exclusive enemies and synthesis items. However, they can all be found in the Cavern of Rememberance so it isn't that much of a hassle to get all of the items you need  :).

It's not that I find the gummi ship missions difficult, I just can't stand them in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. There so boring  :|.  At least in KH2 the routes are more detailed and fleshed out with some amazing music.

Ok, that's a relief. I spent a lot of time in the first game gathering the new materials.

Ah ok, I don't like the gummi ship missions in both games. Though it's nice to come back later with an OP ship in KH2 and blast everything away. Though I never did manage to beat the Final Hunter aka Sephiroth gummi. But that was before learning about the doughnut design :awesome:.

It's ridiculous that dodge roll can only be acquired by leveling up the new drive form :|.

Ok, that's a relief. I spent a lot of time in the first game gathering the new materials.

Ah ok, I don't like the gummi ship missions in both games. Though it's nice to come back later with an OP ship in KH2 and blast everything away. Though I never did manage to beat the Final Hunter aka Sephiroth gummi. But that was before learning about the doughnut design :awesome:.

It's ridiculous that dodge roll can only be acquired by leveling up the new drive form :|.

It's not really needed though, Sora is a lot more mobile in KH2 then any other game in the series even without it, and once you max out every other movement option dodge roll becomes obsolete anyway.

Good to know, though I can see myself retrying Shan Yu's boss fight a few times without it.

Shan Yu is so filthy easy because you only have access to, at most, High Jump if you level Valor. You won't get any other Drive Form until after Timeless River, so they made Shan Yu pretty easy to beat, save for the hawk. I hate that hawk. :(

Shan Yu is so filthy easy because you only have access to, at most, High Jump if you level Valor. You won't get any other Drive Form until after Timeless River, so they made Shan Yu pretty easy to beat, save for the hawk. I hate that hawk. :(

Even on Critical? Knowing me I'll level up the new drive form to get dodge roll.

Even on Critical? Knowing me I'll level up the new drive form to get dodge roll.

Critical isn't as difficult as you may think. A lot of the bosses can be defeated by continually hitting them with combos. When you get to the secret bosses however, then it gets difficult. I don't think I used dodge roll for most of the main story, so I wouldn't worry to much.

Critical isn't as difficult as you may think. A lot of the bosses can be defeated by continually hitting them with combos. When you get to the secret bosses however, then it gets difficult. I don't think I used dodge roll for most of the main story, so I wouldn't worry to much.

Ok, hopefully the game will arrive soon. I want to play the game.

• Like 1

Well, I'd say yes, even on Critical. KH2 is pretty doable, be aggressive and don't give the bosses a chance to fight back. Quite a few bosses will require nothing more than button mashing that way.

In Kh2,i tried to complete critical mode as fast as possible because i did everything in beginner mode.So in my low-level critical run,the hardest things were: 

1)Escape Hades (there i died for the first time,and died another 10 times after that)

2)Cerberus fight (Mickey killed him)

3)Barbossa (he would either one-shot me and the times i tried to take it slow he would kill stupid Sparrow)

4)Xaldin (Mickey saved me twice,i was very lucky)

5)That piece of nobody-salt-ice-cream-sucking Roxas,seriously the hell with this guy in 32-33 level,hope he rots in Nobodyland

I skipped Pride Lands.Everything else in the main playthrough was easy.Obliously i didn't try Sephiroth,Lingering Will or the Data fights

In Kh2,i tried to complete critical mode as fast as possible because i did everything in beginner mode.So in my low-level critical run,the hardest things were: 

1)Escape Hades (there i died for the first time,and died another 10 times after that)

2)Cerberus fight (Mickey killed him)

3)Barbossa (he would either one-shot me and the times i tried to take it slow he would kill stupid Sparrow)

4)Xaldin (Mickey saved me twice,i was very lucky)

5)That piece of nobody-salt-ice-cream-sucking Roxas,seriously the hell with this guy in 32-33 level,hope he rots in Nobodyland

I skipped Pride Lands.Everything else in the main playthrough was easy.Obliously i didn't try Sephiroth,Lingering Will or the Data fights

Oh yeah KH2FM has a Roxas fight, I always found it a huge disappointment the fight wasn't in the vanilla game.

Time for another update!

Yesterday I beat the Ice Titan, Sephiroth and Unknown so now I've beaten all of the secret bosses in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. I also ran through the Hades cup a few more times so I could get the two weapons for Donald and Goofy. Some levels were gained in the process, so Sora is currently level 77 and I have synthesized 11/30 items. I shoud have the game ready to plat for Plat Rain Day this weekend depending on how long the grinding takes. 

By the way, for anyone who has the plat for Kingdom Hearts, approximately how long did the synthesis and level grinding take? I want to know how long it will take for me to finish it this weekend. 

I won't have another update for the next day or so though because I have a major exam tomorrow and won't be able to play tonight  :(.

By the way, for anyone who has the plat for Kingdom Hearts, approximately how long did the synthesis and level grinding take? I want to know how long it will take for me to finish it this weekend. 

The level grind is easily done by replaying the last 10 matches in the Hades Cup, but you may want to farm Traverse Town district 3 and the hotel and alley in district 2 to get the Defender Shield and Wizard Relic weapons for Goofy and Donald. As for the synthesis that depends on your luck with item drops, so equip things that increase the item drop. The giant mushroom in Deep Jungle and Atlantica is the most annoying to farm (and it's also a random spawn). I recommend to look up a vid about Deep Jungle and farm it there.

More progess to update!

I grinded synthesis materials for six hours yesterday and got to 21/30 items. It's going to take a lot longer then expected to get all of the materials  :(. On the bright side Sora is level 87 so I won't have to grind levels as well. I'm so close yet so far to having this ready to plat for Platinum Rain Day. Also, I've killed hundreds of Darkballs but haven't got a Lucid Crystal yet. I know it's a really specific question, but does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

How is everyone else getting along in these games? By the way Dragon, do you know when Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is going to be delivered?

Edited by Kent10201

More progess to update!

I grinded synthesis materials for six hours yesterday and got to 21/30 items. It's going to take a lot longer then expected to get all of the materials  :(. On the bright side Sora is level 87 so I won't have to grind levels as well. I'm so close yet so far to having this ready to plat for Platinum Rain Day. Also, I've killed hundreds of Darkballs but haven't got a Lucid Crystal yet. I know it's a really specific question, but does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

How is everyone else getting along in these games? By the way Dragon, do you know when Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is going to be delivered?

Summon Bambi while you farming them.I suggest Traverse Town, the clock room at 2nd District.You can go to the hotel and they respawn or use encounter plus ability if you have it

Edited by sephiroth4424