Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

So can someone join in at this late date?  I still need to finish all of them and having some sort of challenge my get my butt in gear about it.  Though I plan to finish The Witch and the Hundred Knight first for another challenge and then I can get playing, but this should also get me moving on that one too.

I admit, I may only plat one at most, but still will at least try to get as many trophies as possible in the games.

So can someone join in at this late date?  I still need to finish all of them and having some sort of challenge my get my butt in gear about it.  Though I plan to finish The Witch and the Hundred Knight first for another challenge and then I can get playing, but this should also get me moving on that one too.

I admit, I may only plat one at most, but still will at least try to get as many trophies as possible in the games.

No problem. The deadline for entry isn't until January 24, when 2.8 is released. You still have three months to enter. ^_^

Also, I noted that you have platinumed Conception II. I have that on my Vita but am a little wary about playing it because I am sort of a shy person and feel like the "classmating" thing might squick me and I'm also a little scared off by the combat system. If you could PM me your opinion on it, it would help me make a decision on whether to platinum the game or not. (Also, try to make a little time for Ni No Kuni too. There are a couple of grinds but I got the platinum for it and enjoyed the whole game. The only hard parts are the Solosseum and the rematch bosses in the post-game.)

UPDATE: Nothing like a good summer cold to make you do things you put off! I managed to get some progress on my Speedster Run, but found out that I needed Thunder to get to one of the gate pieces in Hollow Bastion(I could be wrong, I could glide there, but it didn't take more than a few minutes to fly back to Olympus Coliseum and get the Thunder Spell) - even then, I didn't have too much trouble with Maleficent's two forms or both Rikus(though I had to heal a lot in the second fight because he kept spamming Dark Aura, and I was low on MP a lot). Now I am in Traverse Town, about to get the Oathkeeper. (I quit the game because I forgot that I had to talk to Cid to make Kairi appear in the waterway, oops.) Also tried to get some levels in my Proud Mode run, but got bored. I did clear the Pegasus Cup after burning all of my items against Leon and Yuffie. They are vicious with double damage! :devil:

Edited by DetectiveCJ

More progess to update!

I grinded synthesis materials for six hours yesterday and got to 21/30 items. It's going to take a lot longer then expected to get all of the materials  :(. On the bright side Sora is level 87 so I won't have to grind levels as well. I'm so close yet so far to having this ready to plat for Platinum Rain Day. Also, I've killed hundreds of Darkballs but haven't got a Lucid Crystal yet. I know it's a really specific question, but does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

How is everyone else getting along in these games? By the way Dragon, do you know when Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is going to be delivered?

Summon Bambi while you farming them.I suggest Traverse Town, the clock room at 2nd District.You can go to the hotel and they respawn or use encounter plus ability if you have it

I used Sephiroth's method too, only didn't summon Bambi. Be sure to equip any skills that increases item drops.

The site mentioned it could take up to 12 days to deliver, today was day 5 and still no game...

UPDATE: Nothing like a good summer cold to make you do things you put off! I managed to get some progress on my Speedster Run, but found out that I needed Thunder to get to one of the gate pieces in Hollow Bastion(I could be wrong, I could glide there, but it didn't take more than a few minutes to fly back to Olympus Coliseum and get the Thunder Spell) - even then, I didn't have too much trouble with Maleficent's two forms or both Rikus(though I had to heal a lot in the second fight because he kept spamming Dark Aura, and I was low on MP a lot). Now I am in Traverse Town, about to get the Oathkeeper. (I quit the game because I forgot that I had to talk to Cid to make Kairi appear in the waterway, oops.) Also tried to get some levels in my Proud Mode run, but got bored. I did clear the Pegasus Cup after burning all of my items against Leon and Yuffie. They are vicious with double damage! :devil:

You didn't get Thunder at all? That's the first thing I got on every playthrough after obtaining the gummi ship. After going back to Hollow Bastion to seal the keyhole, visit the library and talk to Aerith for a Cure upgrade.

As for Leon and Yuffie: I locked on to Leon and countered Yuffie's ninja stars at him. That stuns Leon for a bit, which allows you to score free hits. If you think these two are bad, wait until it's time for Leon and Cloud to team up :|. Now those two are vicious, especially with Cloud flying around and Leon powering up his gunblade :shakefist:.

Summon Bambi while you farming them.I suggest Traverse Town, the clock room at 2nd District.You can go to the hotel and they respawn or use encounter plus ability if you have it

I used Sephiroth's method too, only didn't summon Bambi. Be sure to equip any skills that increases item drops.

The site mentioned it could take up to 12 days to deliver, today was day 5 and still no game...

Thanks for the tips :)! I was using the clock room strategy but I didn't summon Bambi so I'll be sure to try that out soon.

I feel your pain. I ordered Guitar Hero Live on Tuesday and it was supposed to come on Friday. Of course it had to get delayed because of the hurricanes here in the U.S  :angry:. Amazon says it should be here tomorrow but I'm not going to get my hopes up considering how many times my packages have come late.

Thanks for the tips :)! I was using the clock room strategy but I didn't summon Bambi so I'll be sure to try that out soon.

I feel your pain. I ordered Guitar Hero Live on Tuesday and it was supposed to come on Friday. Of course it had to get delayed because of the hurricanes here in the U.S  :angry:. Amazon says it should be here tomorrow but I'm not going to get my hopes up considering how many times my packages have come late.

The Gizmo shop in District 2 is also an excellent place where lots of Darkballs spawn. 

That sucks :(. I'm totally expecting the game to be delivered on the final day.

No problem. The deadline for entry isn't until January 24, when 2.8 is released. You still have three months to enter. ^_^

Also, I noted that you have platinumed Conception II. I have that on my Vita but am a little wary about playing it because I am sort of a shy person and feel like the "classmating" thing might squick me and I'm also a little scared off by the combat system. If you could PM me your opinion on it, it would help me make a decision on whether to platinum the game or not. (Also, try to make a little time for Ni No Kuni too. There are a couple of grinds but I got the platinum for it and enjoyed the whole game. The only hard parts are the Solosseum and the rematch bosses in the post-game.)

I certainly can!  I'll get you a PM as soon as I can. I want to refresh myself on it since it's been a few years since the last time I played the game.  I'll be sure to keep Ni no Kuni in mind for later, honestly I'd like to eventually get all my E and F ranks up to at least a D, but only so much time in a day to play and I also play on Steam and XBL.

Yay Terra's critical run done. Time to see if Ventus is easier.

Relax! You just got through the hardest part of the game. Ven and Aqua are infinitely easier due to their dodges. ;)

PRO-TIP: Fuse a Thundaga into Ven's dodge roll (you need to buy another Dodge Roll first, the game won't let you meld with an equipped Dodge Roll/Cartwheel) and fuse a Firaga into Aqua's Cartwheel and you have a means of damaging enemies just by dodging their hits. ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Well, it's been long enough, once I finish the main storyline for FFXIII I'm going back to Birth by Sleep!

However, I have a question.  Since I've seen in multiple different places as different things: HOW do you get the secret episode?  And, if I already completely the Final Episode did I screw myself up?  Will I have to re-beat the last boss with someone to "reopen" the FInal Episode, re-beat THAT and then get the secrete episode?  Or will it just pop?

Well, it's been long enough, once I finish the main storyline for FFXIII I'm going back to Birth by Sleep!

However, I have a question.  Since I've seen in multiple different places as different things: HOW do you get the secret episode?  And, if I already completely the Final Episode did I screw myself up?  Will I have to re-beat the last boss with someone to "reopen" the FInal Episode, re-beat THAT and then get the secrete episode?  Or will it just pop?

Depends on the difficulty. For standard you'll need to find all reports (to unlock the Final Episode), find all stickers with every character and get max points from their albuns (140) and kill 9999 Unversed across all Episodes, once you do all of these things next time you save the game it will prompt you to create a Secret Episode save file, you won't need to beat any final boss again.

For Beginner you'll need 100% on every characters, for proud you just need the stickers and on Critical you'll get it once you finish Final episode.

• Like 1

Depends on the difficulty. For standard you'll need to find all reports (to unlock the Final Episode), find all stickers with every character and get max points from their albuns (140) and kill 9999 Unversed across all Episodes, once you do all of these things next time you save the game it will prompt you to create a Secret Episode save file, you won't need to beat any final boss again.

For Beginner you'll need 100% on every characters, for proud you just need the stickers and on Critical you'll get it once you finish Final episode.

Ah, so the unversed is what I need.  I already have maxed stickers for everyone and I'm playing on Standard.  Do the unversed in the arena count or no?

Oh, that explains it - I had slaughtered over a zillion Unversed on all three episodes to grind for melding crystals and levels. ^_^

Finally, the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD collection arrived today. The bad news: I'm probably too busy until Sunday to play games :shakefist:.

Awesome, it finally arrived! It sucks that you can't play until Sunday though. I feel the same way with all my games because of how busy I've been this week. That reminds me... I should try and finish KH: Final Mix this weekend.

Awesome, it finally arrived! It sucks that you can't play until Sunday though. I feel the same way with all my games because of how busy I've been this week. That reminds me... I should try and finish KH: Final Mix this weekend.

Yeah, also received Persona 4 The Animation too in the meantime :dance:. I also like to play new games immediately. Good luck with KH Final Mix.

Argh critical mode done! The secret episode boss was definitely the hardest boss for my level 35 Aqua.

All I need to plat BBS is to unleash Break Time with Terra. Not gonna do that yet, gonna save the plat for later. :)

But hey, KH done! Or well I do have Coded, but all the platty KH games done! :D

Congrats on completing all of the Kingdom Hearts games!

Argh critical mode done! The secret episode boss was definitely the hardest boss for my level 35 Aqua.

All I need to plat BBS is to unleash Break Time with Terra. Not gonna do that yet, gonna save the plat for later. :)

But hey, KH done! Or well I do have Coded, but all the platty KH games done! :D

So BBS is for the PRD, right? Okay, I've put you on the Hall of Fame.

To_End_Everything_01_KHIIHD.png

What? Oh come on, guys, I was joking! I haven't forgotten the other thing! Ahem...

In Honor of Samis-86, who has successfully conquered the Heartless, the Unversed, and the Nobodies, I present to you this certificate, forged of Mithril, Orichalcum and Lucid Crystals, for platinuming every Kingdom Hearts game in both Remixes! Congratulations!

certificate003.png

I made it a bit smaller so it would fit on your signature if you decide to use it there. After seeing it get cut-off in evilartefact's sig, I decided to reduce the amount of stuff used to make it. ;) Congratulations!

So BBS is for the PRD, right? Okay, I've put you on the Hall of Fame.

To_End_Everything_01_KHIIHD.png

What? Oh come on, guys, I was joking! I haven't forgotten the other thing! Ahem...

In Honor of Samis-86, who has successfully conquered the Heartless, the Unversed, and the Nobodies, I present to you this certificate, forged of Mithril, Orichalcum and Lucid Crystals, for platinuming every Kingdom Hearts game in both Remixes! Congratulations!

certificate003.png

I made it a bit smaller so it would fit on your signature if you decide to use it there. After seeing it get cut-off in evilartefact's sig, I decided to reduce the amount of stuff used to make it. ;) Congratulations!

Definitely using this, thank you! :) And thanks for the event and for inspiring me to finish the series.