Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

True, abusing Limit Form made the fight a lot easier. I bypassed his meteor barrage every time by using Sonic Rave. Can't remember if Sora was sluggish on the PS2, though I did hate how the camera controls were assigned to  :l2: and  :r2: . Back on the PS2 version of KH1 it took me about 50 attempts to beat him. SE's troll to give him 2 purple health bars contributed to that, as I thought he wasn't taking damage at all  <_< .

The fight in KH1 also takes place in a much smaller area, so he can't teleport far away and spam Heartless Angel. Though I believe in KH2 it takes a bit longer to cast it because of the large battle area.

I was able to spam Sephiroth in KH1 because of the smaller arena. It was a lot harder to do so in KH2 and it actually required me to have some skill.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.

True, abusing Limit Form made the fight a lot easier. I bypassed his meteor barrage every time by using Sonic Rave. Can't remember if Sora was sluggish on the PS2, though I did hate how the camera controls were assigned to  :l2: and  :r2: . Back on the PS2 version of KH1 it took me about 50 attempts to beat him. SE's troll to give him 2 purple health bars contributed to that, as I thought he wasn't taking damage at all  <_< .

The fight in KH1 also takes place in a much smaller area, so he can't teleport far away and spam Heartless Angel. Though I believe in KH2 it takes a bit longer to cast it because of the large battle area.

I was able to spam Sephiroth in KH1 because of the smaller arena. It was a lot harder to do so in KH2 and it actually required me to have some skill.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.

Don't forget that in 2 Sora is so mobile that you can close in on him so fast you can hack him into oblivion before he even starts summoning Heartless Angel, while in 1 if you're too far away there's just no way to reach him in time and you have to rely on Elixirs, that and Reflega nullifies almost every damage he hopes to deal on you.

Don't forget that in 2 Sora is so mobile that you can close in on him so fast you can hack him into oblivion before he even starts summoning Heartless Angel, while in 1 if you're too far away there's just no way to reach him in time and you have to rely on Elixirs, that and Reflega nullifies almost every damage he hopes to deal on you.

That too, aerial dodge is really useful and I've been using Reflega a lot during this playthrough.

I love it  :)! To be honest I was expecting Sora in a Santa hat but you really went all out  :lol:. Thanks a lot!

Awesome :D, be sure to save the image on your computer, that way you'll always have a back up in case something happens to imgur. I wanted to add a card to the paopu fruit too that said "To Kairi from Sora", but the words were too small to be read, so scrapped that.

Made quite some progress yesterday:

• Finally reached lvl 99.
  • Managed to defeat Lingering Will, eventually I gave in and used the negative combo strategy. Still took about 15 attempts to get it to work.
  • Beat the paradox cups in Olympus. Sadly I was defeated in wave 43 in the Hades Paradox cup with a score of 19,000+ points, so I'll have to try it again to finish with at least 15,000 points.
  • Completed all the mini-games with the required high scores in every world (except the aforementioned Hades Paradox cup).
  • Defeated Data Vexen and farmed him 2 more times to get a Lost Illusion and used those to synthesize the last 3 items, then used the remaining materials to create as many power ups as possible.

Only 4 more trophies remaining until the plat.

On 12/6/2016 at 6:39 AM, Ehilmar said:

Hi :) Can I join? Only got the plat for KH: com... 

Yep, added you. (Forgot that the forum was updating so my post to you was lost. :( )

On 12/6/2016 at 6:26 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

Made quite some progress yesterday:

(list cut for brevity)

Only 4 more trophies remaining until the plat.

Great job, Dragon! :yay:I'm planning on holding off on the KH games until they announce whether the PS4 remakes will share the trophy list with the PS3 remixes or not. I know it's probably not but they have shared trophy lists between PS4 and Vita versions of their games - you unlock a trophy on one version, it's unlocked on both versions. Right now I am going to focus on Wizard101 and the Winter Backlog and some personal goals, but I will get back to Kingdom Hearts before the end of the month to prep myself for Kingdom Hearts 2.8. (I had a decent energy bill so I could put some money down on the game but I'm going to wait until I see how much Christmas credit I get before making a decision whether to pre-order on the PSN store for the kickin' PS4 theme.)

2 hours ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Great job, Dragon! :yay:I'm planning on holding off on the KH games until they announce whether the PS4 remakes will share the trophy list with the PS3 remixes or not. I know it's probably not but they have shared trophy lists between PS4 and Vita versions of their games - you unlock a trophy on one version, it's unlocked on both versions. Right now I am going to focus on Wizard101 and the Winter Backlog and some personal goals, but I will get back to Kingdom Hearts before the end of the month to prep myself for Kingdom Hearts 2.8. (I had a decent energy bill so I could put some money down on the game but I'm going to wait until I see how much Christmas credit I get before making a decision whether to pre-order on the PSN store for the kickin' PS4 theme.)

Thanks. Since these post-game bosses are so challenging, I created a list to cross them off:

mPno9fT.png

Xigbar and Luxord have been vanquished, that's 5 out of 15 down :dance: .

kEKDiwo.png

11 hours ago, DetectiveCJ said:

That's one awesome visual list you've made, Dragon. Maybe I'll do the same thing for my list.

Anyways, I've been seeing a new trailer for KH2.8 and it looks like we'll be getting a lot of exposition. Anyone see the new trailer?

Thanks, here's the list with every boss clearly visible. Feel free to use it.Lq4jTqv.png

11 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

Haven't posted in a while... But I'm finally closing in on my final KH platinum.

Only three more playthrough trophies to go, and I'm currently at the end with Beginner Sora.

Just need to do standard and beginner Riku afterwards and I'm finally done. x.x

Good job! Keep on truckin' and you'll get it! You've already cleared the hardest modes so the rest should be a breeze! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Good job! Keep on truckin' and you'll get it! You've already cleared the hardest modes so the rest should be a breeze! ;)

I'm back, and I finally did it :D stayed up til 3 am and finished the last two playthroughs when my brother went to sleep.

I can't believe how sick I am of CoM now though jesus. 

Can I have my certificate when you see this? :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

I'm back, and I finally did it :D stayed up til 3 am and finished the last two playthroughs when my brother went to sleep.

Great job! :yay:I'll try to get one made up as soon as possible. Congrats! Moving your name to the Hall of Fame.

EDIT: Okay, had to get the gang up from their hangovers to get the stuff and look through my pile of notes to find the speech, but...

In Honor of Griffon234, who has successfully conquered the Heartless, the Unversed, and the Nobodies, I present to you this certificate, forged of Mithril, Orichalcum and Lucid Crystals, for platinuming every Kingdom Hearts game in both Remixes! Congratulations!

certificate007.png

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Griffon234 said:

Congrats on finishing all of the Kingdom Hearts games :yay:

Im planning on coming back to KH Final Mix next week and smashing through the synthesis grind. But it's just soooooo boring :(.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Im planning on coming back to KH Final Mix next week and smashing through the synthesis grind. But it's just soooooo boring :(.

Good luck on that.

As for me, I am holding off of trophy hunting in the games for two reasons:

1. I am not sure whether I can trust my PS3 anymore. After a fatal crash glitch in the cutscene of Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time totally made the game unplayable and getting a similar freeze while picking up an item in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, I am wary of playing any PS3 game.
  2. I want to verify whether I have to earn all the trophies again in the PS4 collection. Square-Enix has recently had a couple of games where unlocking a trophy in one version means it's unlocked in all versions. (Dragon Quest Builders and World of Final Fantasy, but the latter has cross-save so this is a nice trick for S-E to prevent trophy stacking like the creators of Sound Shapes failed to do.) Since Kingdom Hearts is a S-E series, they might do the same thing here, but then again, maybe not considering that the collection is coming out in March and the shared lists were for versions of the game that came out at the same date. Until we learn more about this new collection, which probably won't happen until 2.8 is released, I want to be assured that I still have to complete my PS3 remixes to get all the trophies.

Not to say I won't play the games beforehand, but I don't intend to be serious about the platinums right now. Also, since I am working on my Winter Backlog and have an MMO addiction, I don't have much time to play Kingdom Hearts. Maybe after the New Year's Eve event and the holidays are over can I get back on track. Still, I will be here to help people out if they need it. ;)

27 minutes ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Great job! :yay:I'll try to get one made up as soon as possible. Congrats! Moving your name to the Hall of Fame.

EDIT: Okay, had to get the gang up from their hangovers to get the stuff and look through my pile of notes to find the speech, but...

In Honor of Griffon234, who has successfully conquered the Heartless, the Unversed, and the Nobodies, I present to you this certificate, forged of Mithril, Orichalcum and Lucid Crystals, for platinuming every Kingdom Hearts game in both Remixes! Congratulations!

certificate007.png

Thank you, thank you :D

28 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Thank you, and good luck. I just watched a movie while doing it haha. You know, I found the synthesis grind frustrating, but I had to farm for two and a half straight hours just to get one defender for Goofy. :( It was legitimately depressing 

20 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Thank you, thank you :D

Thank you, and good luck. I just watched a movie while doing it haha. You know, I found the synthesis grind frustrating, but I had to farm for two and a half straight hours just to get one defender for Goofy. :( It was legitimately depressing 

Wow that's encouraging :lol:. It sucks that it took you so long and I guess your right. I might as well catch up on some TV shows while grinding :).

Edited by Kent10201