Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

Question to all you pros about Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Is it feasible to get the 15 hour trophy on a Final Mix play through?  I want to finish up my beginner play through so I can begin to change armor and weapons, although I am planning to keep a spare save just before the final boss just so I can use the exploit if the Final Mix run doesn't go as planned.

2 hours ago, Rach said:

Is it feasible to get the 15 hour trophy on a Final Mix play through?  I want to finish up my beginner play through so I can begin to change armor and weapons, although I am planning to keep a spare save just before the final boss just so I can use the exploit if the Final Mix run doesn't go as planned.

I don't think it matters which difficulty you go for the Speedster run. The reason experts say to do it on Beginner is because you get free stat boosting items and equipment for Sora in that mode. When I go for the trophies on the 1.5+2.5 collection(which will probably have the same trophy) I will be using Beginner mode but when I tried it on the 1.5 Remix, I was doing it on Standard mode because I didn't want to tax myself with three challenges at once.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

I'm actually incredibly surprised how hard people find Ice Cream Beat, I even had to do it for my brother.

With no attempt to sound condescending at all, what is it that people find hard about it? 

The only one that I found a little annoying was Destiny Islands because it tricked my brain when to hit the beats because of how slow the song is.

I'm having the same problem with Destiny Islands. It's just hard to time it when there are lots of rings and having to shoot while the other ducks are still clapping is annoying as I don't get a chance to properly count how many times they clap. 

13 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

@Dragon-Archon I just beat Ice Cream Beat in under an hour B). It wasn't the easiest thing in the world but I definitely don't think it lives up to the difficulty hype.  Good luck with the rest of master mode :).

Wow, congrats. I got a Fantastic on 2 songs, Still 3 more to go.

8 hours ago, Rach said:

Yeah it's doable. I recommend to fight the final boss at 13 hours and 30 minutes at the latest, that way you have enough time for the 5 fights and the credits (the trophy pops after the unskippable crecits are finished). If you want to grind levels fast, replay matches 1-10 in the Hades cup over and over again. To choose matches you need to beat all 50 of them at least once.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Completing the reports is really a chore, I've been doing it for 4-5 hours and I'm already bored. So far I've got all of Terra's finishers, completed some arena matches, maxed out all D-Links (including Pete), completed all races with 1st place, and won all Fruitball matches. Ice Cream Beat is officially the worst KH mini-game I've played so far. Getting a Fantastic rating on master mode is challenging. I also hate it how the listening part continues when it's time to shoot the ice cream scoops.

17 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

That sounds horrible :o. I don't think Ice Cream Beat is that bad, but it's probably because I have five years of studying music under my belt. It really helps with rhythm games.

Maybe I should get a bachelor's in music to help me out when I go and platinum BBS again on the PS4 collection coming out in March. At least it'll look pretty if the Dream Drop Distance footage on Youtube is any indication. Can't wait to start earning trophies for that game. :)

And I agree with Dragon, the Ice Cream Beat game is very hard to me. I rage-quit a few times on Dessert Paradise because it was really fast and tricked my brain a few times. :(

44 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

And I agree with Dragon, the Ice Cream Beat game is very hard to me. I rage-quit a few times on Dessert Paradise because it was really fast and tricked my brain a few times. :(

Dessert Paradise feels slower after Blast Away! Gummi Ship II, so that's what causing me trouble at the moment. Will try again tomorrow, so hopefully I can adjust properly after the break.

19 minutes ago, Rach said:

Thank you @Dragon-Archon and @NebbyLunala for answering my question :)

I think I'm going to attempt a Final Mix run to see if I can get the 15 hour trophy.  

Good luck :D .

26 minutes ago, Rach said:

I have another nooby question....during the speed run, is there any way to avoid Monstro?

Unfortunately, no. There's some important story that takes place in Monstro so he can't be skipped.

Btw, did you join the event xD?

2 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Maybe I should get a bachelor's in music to help me out when I go and platinum BBS again on the PS4 collection coming out in March. At least it'll look pretty if the Dream Drop Distance footage on Youtube is any indication. Can't wait to start earning trophies for that game. :)

This comment made my day. Thanks Nebby xD

Edited by Kent10201

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm having the same problem with Destiny Islands. It's just hard to time it when there are lots of rings and having to shoot while the other ducks are still clapping is annoying as I don't get a chance to properly count how many times they clap. 

The key is timing the rhythm.Don't trust your eyes.That's  how i did it.I tried with sound off but that didn't get me anywhere.For 1-2 weeks after finishing this BS,there were moments i was ''hearing'' Dessert Paradise and Destiny Islands in my head.This mini-game made hate Huey,Louie and Dewey for life

59 minutes ago, Rach said:

I have another nooby question....during the speed run, is there any way to avoid Monstro?

Nope, but you can skip Atlantica, which is a relief. Just visit it, then go to Halloween Town. Complete that one and Neverland will appear. Though IIRC you can technically leave Monstro from the save point in Gepetto's boat before beating the Parasite Cage for the second time. I do recommend to get high jump, it makes things easier and you get some extra exp.

21 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The key is timing the rhythm.Don't trust your eyes.That's  how i did it.I tried with sound off but that didn't get me anywhere.For 1-2 weeks after finishing this BS,there were moments i was ''hearing'' Dessert Paradise and Destiny Islands in my head.This mini-game made hate Huey,Louie and Dewey for life

I'd love to trust my hearing with this, but the music is loud and the ducks can't seem to shut up when hitting a note or missing it, making it hard to focus on their clapping.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

My technique for Ice Cream Beat is very similar to Sephiroth's but it's a little more complicated. First, I assigned each duck a number so Dewey is one, Huey is two and Louie is three. Pay attention to which duck is clapping and say the number that corresponds to the duck out loud for the entirety of the rhythm. The rest is just having fast reflexes.

Example: 1-1-2-2-2-1-1-1-3-3-3-1

@Kent10201 Thank you, shame I can't skip it but hopefully making good time for a speed run (just returned to Traverse Town from Deep Jungle and up to 1 hour 54 minutes)  Not looking forward to Agrabah though as I had some difficulty on my beginner run.  

I'm kind of gate crashing this event at the moment, mainly because I wasn't sure if it was open to new people joining in :)

@Dragon-Archon Definitely a relief to skip Atlantica, I had so many issues with the boss fight here due to camera angles -_-

I used this guide to memorize the directions http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/943347-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/faqs/59102

Then i just timed the rhythm by listening.I read some comments suggesting getting high combos with good ratings is the key,but that's not true.One time i finished Dessert Paradise without missing a single note and i didn't get fantastic at the end.20+ combos and excellent ratings is the key.80 points for each.You can even screw up 2-3 times and still get the needed score

Edited by sephiroth4424

6 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

My technique for Ice Cream Beat is very similar to Sephiroth's but it's a little more complicated. First, I assigned each duck a number so Dewey is one, Huey is two and Louie is three. Pay attention to which duck is clapping and say the number that corresponds to the duck out loud for the entirety of the rhythm. The rest is just having fast reflexes.

Example: 1-1-2-2-2-1-1-1-3-3-3-1

My problem is I usually can't follow the last few claps, because the shooting part has already started by then. So I need to waste time listening to the songs without shooting anything to memorize the patterns first.

4 minutes ago, Rach said:

@Dragon-Archon Definitely a relief to skip Atlantica, I had so many issues with the boss fight here due to camera angles -_-

Yeah, Ursula is a lengthy boss fight due to the terrible swimming controls and her constantly spamming lightning attacks :facepalm: .

3 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I used this guide to memorize the directions http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/943347-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/faqs/59102

Then i just timed the rhythm by listening

Nice find, thanks :D . This will definitely be useful.

22 minutes ago, Rach said:

@Kent10201 Thank you, shame I can't skip it but hopefully making good time for a speed run (just returned to Traverse Town from Deep Jungle and up to 1 hour 54 minutes)  Not looking forward to Agrabah though as I had some difficulty on my beginner run.  

I'm kind of gate crashing this event at the moment, mainly because I wasn't sure if it was open to new people joining in :)

No problem. You should be fine for a speedrun even if you do Atlantica as well. I believe I finished my speedrun at 7 hours and 30 minutes. 

Oh, ok. I'm sure Detect...I mean Nebby will add you once he gets the OP sorted out :).

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I think I have a Paint-mixed gif I made... hold on a sec... *scours hard drive* Here it is!

meh.png

My thoughts exactly... and the worst part? I plan to platinum BBS again when the full PS4 KH remix comes out in late March... :(

59 minutes ago, Rach said:

All this talk of Ice Cream Beat is scaring me away from playing the other KH games :D

Don't let that scare you Rach. The gummi missions are probably the worst parts of KHFM and KH2FM and the only hard part of re:COM is having to do six full playthroughs to get all the difficulty trophies. :P

I don't mind going through the torture again in glorious HD graphics. Maybe the UHD of PS4 will make it a little easier to time the button presses. ;)

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nope, but you can skip Atlantica, which is a relief. Just visit it, then go to Halloween Town. Complete that one and Neverland will appear.

So if I just enter Atlantica, do the swimming and brief battle, and then leave, Hook's ship is a guaranteed appearance? Because I've seen speed runs of KHFM and they warn you that if you don't complete all the stories, there is a 1/4 chance it doesn't appear and you have to travel to the other world. I think you may have a safety strat for speedrunning this game, Dragon. ^_^

As for me, I am not going to touch the Kingdom Hearts games until 2.8 - I have the PS3 remixes but I plan on trading them for store credit to put towards the 1.5+2.5 collection when it comes out. Sadly, that means my PS3 will have nothing to play on it anymore(I have gotten rid of all my other games for the PS3) and I may have to forget about any PS3 platinums in the future; all PS4 and Vita trophies. Not like that is a bad thing considering that PS3 is probably no longer technically supported by Sony...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rach said:

All this talk of Ice Cream Beat is scaring me away from playing the other KH games :D

Be afraid, be very afraid :P .

48 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

So if I just enter Atlantica, do the swimming and brief battle, and then leave, Hook's ship is a guaranteed appearance? Because I've seen speed runs of KHFM and they warn you that if you don't complete all the stories, there is a 1/4 chance it doesn't appear and you have to travel to the other world. I think you may have a safety strat for speedrunning this game, Dragon. ^_^

No, you don't even need to enter the world, just have it on the world map. To make Neverland appear, you need to have both Atlantica and Halloween Town on the map and complete one of them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rach said:

Monstro is extremely quick, it's not that bad. Just look up the room order before you start your playthrough haha

You can skip either Halloween Town or Atlantica. I skipped Atlantica because I fucking hate the swimming mechanics, and I didn't remember how to get through it quickly.

If you haven't already, you can mix this playthrough with your beginner one, as well as no changing keyblades and equipment, the only real struggle was the Ansem fights at the end.

You will be fine with the speedruns, don't stress. I skipped Atlantica and did everything I previously mentioned, and I finished in less than 5 hours.

13 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Monstro is extremely quick, it's not that bad. Just look up the room order before you start your playthrough haha

You can skip either Halloween Town or Atlantica. I skipped Atlantica because I fucking hate the swimming mechanics, and I didn't remember how to get through it quickly.

If you haven't already, you can mix this playthrough with your beginner one, as well as no changing keyblades and equipment, the only real struggle was the Ansem fights at the end.

You will be fine with the speedruns, don't stress. I skipped Atlantica and did everything I previously mentioned, and I finished in less than 5 hours.

I was already over 15 hours on my beginner/no equipment changes/no continues run and I didn't fancy using the exploit, so wanted to try and get the speed run on Final Mix difficulty.  I usually hate speed runs on games so this is a real test for me.

Just finished up Agrabah and currently at 3 hours 40 minutes....I ended up wasting some time as I had a weird issue with Agrabah not appearing 

13 hours ago, Rach said:

12 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Unfortunately, no. There's some important story that takes place in Monstro so he can't be skipped.

Btw, did you join the event xD?

This comment made my day. Thanks Nebby xD!

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nope, but you can skip Atlantica, which is a relief. Just visit it, then go to Halloween Town. Complete that one and Neverland will appear. Though IIRC you can technically leave Monstro from the save point in Gepetto's boat before beating the Parasite Cage for the second time. I do recommend to get high jump, it makes things easier and you get some extra exp.

I'd love to trust my hearing with this, but the music is loud and the ducks can't seem to shut up when hitting a note or missing it, making it hard to focus on their clapping.

Actually guys, you're wrong, you can skip Monstro (in fact if you skip Monstro until you finish Hollow Bastion for the first time and go back to him the cutscenes will be different then if you go there first time he shows up because of Riku (you'll know why if you've already reached that world ;))), you can let him capture you and leave as soon as you reach the first save point, in fact you can skip one world out of Haloween Town/Monstro/Atlantica, but you have to complete the other 2, but the world you should skip is definetly Atlantica, it's the one that takes longer to finish and the one with the most troublesome final Boss.

What I did for my Speed run was to start at dawn (fast leveling until level 40) pick Sword, drop rod for stronger attack and skip Atlantica/Olympus/100Acre Woods, and skip every random battle unless you're forced to fight (when the game won't let you leave until you beat everything/a certain time passes. Finished it in 4:30hours at around level 45, I did die once during the 2nd part of the last boss but nothing that hard if you stock Elixirs, this on Beginner together with the no equipment run (already had the one where you can't die on Final Mix) Oh and the trophy is unlocked once you kill the final boss, not after the credits.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

12 hours ago, Rach said:

I was already over 15 hours on my beginner/no equipment changes/no continues run and I didn't fancy using the exploit, so wanted to try and get the speed run on Final Mix difficulty.  I usually hate speed runs on games so this is a real test for me.

Just finished up Agrabah and currently at 3 hours 40 minutes....I ended up wasting some time as I had a weird issue with Agrabah not appearing 

Did you watch the cutscenes? Those add to your playtime, so just skip them during the speedrun.

Nice, that's a great time. You should have completed about one-third of the story. Also if you get stuck at the invisible walls in End of the World, use this map. I just glide from island to island in straight lines.

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor kingdom hearts end of the world invisible walls

I recommend to get all these chests too, as the items help, especially if you're not that familiar with the boss and his attack patterns. After getting Tinker Bell as a summon, use her during every boss fight if Goofy and Donald are with you. She heals you periodically and revives you once should you die, but disappears after reviving.

4 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Actually guys, you're wrong, you can skip Monstro (in fact if you skip Monstro until you finish Hollow Bastion for the first time and go back to him the cutscenes will be different then if you go there first time he shows up because of Riku (you'll know why if you've already reached that world ;))), you can let him capture you and leave as soon as you reach the first save point, in fact you can skip one world out of Haloween Town/Monstro/Atlantica, but you have to complete the other 2, but the world you should skip is definetly Atlantica, it's the one that takes longer to finish and the one with the most troublesome final Boss.

Interesting, never knew that even though I played the game dozens of times on the PS2. Will look up the different cutscene on YouTube.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Interesting, never knew that even though I played the game dozens of times on the PS2. Will look up the different cutscene on YouTube.

Yeah, the game has a few secret cutscenes if you do certain things, another big one is if you skip Wonderland until you finish Deep Jungle, Alice gets replaced with Snow White on the scene with the Disney Villains.

Well, since I will be skipping all cutscenes (I can watch a Youtube video if I really want to get the story, that's how Youtube is replacing good gaming XD) it's nice to see these tiny details that a casual player won't get. Also, one Youtube video commentator mentioned that if you don't fight Cerberus after he stomps Cloud flat until you defeat Dragon Maleficient, in the cutscene where Hades is scheming, he just mumbles stuff to himself after the first part of the scene since, well, Maleficient doesn't pop up to 'spoil the show', so to speak. ^_^

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Did you watch the cutscenes? Those add to your playtime, so just skip them during the speedrun.

Nice, that's a great time. You should have completed about one-third of the story. Also if you get stuck at the invisible walls in End of the World, use this map. I just glide from island to island in straight lines.

Reveal hidden contents

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor kingdom hearts end of the world invisible walls

I recommend to get all these chests too, as the items help, especially if you're not that familiar with the boss and his attack patterns. After getting Tinker Bell as a summon, use her during every boss fight if Goofy and Donald are with you. She heals you periodically and revives you once should you die, but disappears after reviving.

I've been skipping the cut scenes - currently up to 4 hours 58 minutes and finished Halloween Town.  I did spend a little while leveling up so I could get Leaf Bracer (I chose the shield and sacrificed the rod at the beginning, and chose the options for my day to begin at dawn)

Thank you for that map, will definitely make use of it.