Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

biatch.png

Well, after having a root canal with so-called "laughing gas" which didn't kill me but  hurt like hell(and thus required two needles) and watching some Pokemon episodes, I decided to just try my hand at Mysterious Figure and whatnot. Aqua finally battled and beat Vanitas Remnant with Seeker Mines and only needed three tries to defeat Mysterious Figure... but No Heart gave her a hell of a time. I tried to grind a bit but got bored of it, so I went after No Heart and Mysterious Figure with Terra(again) and, after more Doom attacks, finally clutched a win after MF decided to do Raging Storm which Terra Thunder Surged through. ^_^

I defeated No Heart with Rhythm Mixer with Aqua. ;)

So there, after recording proof of my successes, I deleted all my saves to ensure that my Critical Mode runs would get the Collector trophy after collecting all of the stickers again. I will avoid all non-essential things and just get through the story and try to hope for the best - Vanitas gave me trouble in Neverland but hopefully I will be ready for him with a ton of Thunder Surges. :D All I have left for trophies is Collector and Critical Competitor. Wish me luck!

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 2

So there, after recording proof of my successes, I deleted all my saves to ensure that my Critical Mode runs would get the Collector trophy after collecting all of the stickers again. I will avoid all non-essential things and just get through the story and try to hope for the best - Vanitas gave me trouble in Neverland but hopefully I will be ready for him with a ton of Thunder Surges. :D All I have left for trophies is Collector and Critical Competitor. Wish me luck!

Congrats on beating all optional bosses with everyone and good luck. You really made a lot of progress, almost makes me want to dive into it again right away and do the same, but God Eater Resurrection comes first.

While I've only read this post 5min ago, I actually completed all Kingdom Hearts in chronological order on their original systems at launch and just recently gained all Platinum trophies...

Chain of Memories was a pain... :P

How did you managed to play the games in chronological order on their original systems on release if the games where released out of order? With BBS for example being the first and being released after Days that in itself happens before II and was released after it? :blink:

Congrats on beating all optional bosses with everyone and good luck. You really made a lot of progress, almost makes me want to dive into it again right away and do the same, but God Eater Resurrection comes first.

Well done! That's the hardest part over with! Good luck on Critical mode, you will smash it!

Thanks to everyone and their kind support. Hopefully the release of Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS(which I pre-purchased) won't sully my attempts. And yes, I admit that Mysterious Figure, Armor of Eraqus, Vanitas Remnant, and No Heart are the toughest bosses in BBSFM. :)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

How did you managed to play the games in chronological order on their original systems on release if the games where released out of order? With BBS for example being the first and being released after Days that in itself happens before II and was released after it? :blink:

You're right! I actually meant order of release.

Ok I might have to join this. I haven't played anything but Pokemon Go for the past two months or so, but I wanna get back into getting some trophies.

All I have left of the KH saga is BBS, but the roadmaps are confusing me with the multiple playthroughs and saves. When am I supposed to save over a previous save and when to create a new save file. I don't wanna to mess up like I did in CoM.

Ok I might have to join this. I haven't played anything but Pokemon Go for the past two months or so, but I wanna get back into getting some trophies.

All I have left of the KH saga is BBS, but the roadmaps are confusing me with the multiple playthroughs and saves. When am I supposed to save over a previous save and when to create a new save file. I don't wanna to mess up like I did in CoM.

Sign me up!  I have been meaning to finish the others. I have Kingdom hearts one platted already. :3

Welcome to the thread, you two!

And Samis-86, if you are trying to go for multiple plays, do what I did - get the 100% journals in Beginner mode for each character first, then after you complete all the 100% journals, just start the critical mode playthroughs.

• Like 1

I decided to give a play-by-play of my Critical Mode runs for BBS to get the platinum. I just have to figure out a glitch on the stickers to get Collector(I did not get it in my first run so I think it's probably because I played all the stories at the same time but I read in GameFAQs that it's a glitch and you just need to save before you collect the last sticker, then keep reloading if the game doesn't give you the trophy).

Terra: Part 1 (First three hours - played it while listening to Goof Group stream)

I was very lucky - I won two Cures in the Keyblade Command Board(why do Ventus and Aqua have Cures when you don't play them?!) and was able to get Leaf Bracer and a couple of HP Boosts and Cure Boosts right away. I was very careful and ground up to Level 15 before taking on Wheel Master so I could have enough of an advantage to deal with that crazy spinning wheel. I unfortunately lost a Wellspring Crystal due to getting the rare Bio Barrage when I was fusing Poison Block but all in all the fight was pretty easy at Level 15 and I avoided taking a lot of damage. Next up, Dwarf Woodlands! (I am not crazy enough to go to Castle of Dreams second, I need Magnega.)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

biatch.png

Well, after having a root canal with so-called "laughing gas" which didn't kill me but  hurt like hell(and thus required two needles) and watching some Pokemon episodes, I decided to just try my hand at Mysterious Figure and whatnot. Aqua finally battled and beat Vanitas Remnant with Seeker Mines and only needed three tries to defeat Mysterious Figure... but No Heart gave her a hell of a time. I tried to grind a bit but got bored of it, so I went after No Heart and Mysterious Figure with Terra(again) and, after more Doom attacks, finally clutched a win after MF decided to do Raging Storm which Terra Thunder Surged through. ^_^

I defeated No Heart with Rhythm Mixer with Aqua. ;)

Congrats CJ! :dance:  You'll have that plat in no time. Speaking of which I should get working on the Kingdom Hearts games. Thanks to this wonderful thing called school I haven't played at all this week. :( I have the next two days off so maybe I'll make some progress. But I have to do about eight hours of homework first. Lucky me! :angry:

Simple, you never save over a save (other then the current playthrough that is, so when playing Terra's story for example it's ok to keep saving over the same file until you reach the end). For a full playthrough you'll need 5 separated saves, one for Terra, 1 for Ven, 1 for Aqua, then 1 for the Final Episode, and another for the Secret Episode. You'll need this for every difficulty if you do more then one as well, so you'll need 5 for Normal, another 5 for Critical, etc. Another thing is, when you finish each character story the game asks you to save the game, it's ok to save over that character save, BUT when you finish the 3rd character the game asks you to create another save (don't worry, the game warns you of this), this will be the Final Episode save, then after finishing that the game asks you again to save the game 2 times, one for a complete Final Episode file, and another for the Secret episode one (again, the game warns you about this).

Also worth nothing is that if it's the first time playing the game do it on this order Terra/Ven (both the game and Nomura says to play Terra first, some say it should be Ven, up to you but it's ok either way) then Aqua. Reason for this is that Aqua's story spoils the other 2, also it flows better into the Final episode/Secret Episode.

You'll need this for every difficulty if you do more then one as well, so you'll need 5 for Normal, another 5 for Critical, etc.

Uh, no you don't. This is the only game with only one difficulty trophy, completing all the episodes on Critical Mode, so you only need to have each episode saved in Critical Mode. I only did two playthroughs as there was no way in HECK I was going to get 100% of the Journals in Critical. You do not need to create multiple saves for every difficulty. You only need to delete your Final and Secret Episode saves if you are going to get them on Critical Mode because the game will take the difficulty of all three characters' stories and uses the lowest difficulty to determine the difficulty of the Final and Secret Episodes, so you need to have all three characters stories cleared at Critical to get the Final and Secret Episodes at Critical, when you need to clear to earn the Critical Competitor trophy. I hope I cleared that up.

Uh, no you don't. This is the only game with only one difficulty trophy, completing all the episodes on Critical Mode, so you only need to have each episode saved in Critical Mode. I only did two playthroughs as there was no way in HECK I was going to get 100% of the Journals in Critical. You do not need to create multiple saves for every difficulty. You only need to delete your Final and Secret Episode saves if you are going to get them on Critical Mode because the game will take the difficulty of all three characters' stories and uses the lowest difficulty to determine the difficulty of the Final and Secret Episodes, so you need to have all three characters stories cleared at Critical to get the Final and Secret Episodes at Critical, when you need to clear to earn the Critical Competitor trophy. I hope I cleared that up.

I'm not talking about trophies, I'm talking about IF you want to play on different dificulties. I know damn well how difficulty works on this game, I know it from the inside out. If you want to play the latter episodes on Normal you'll need all character's episodes saves on Normal, for Critical you'll need them on critical and so forth, I'm not saying you'll NEED to play them on different dificulties.

I'm not talking about trophies, I'm talking about IF you want to play on different dificulties. I know damn well how difficulty works on this game, I know it from the inside out. If you want to play the latter episodes on Normal you'll need all character's episodes saves on Normal, for Critical you'll need them on critical and so forth, I'm not saying you'll NEED to play them on different dificulties.

Okay, I am not going to get into a debate with you, so I'll just say I didn't understand the question and leave it at that. <_<

Okay, I am not going to get into a debate with you, so I'll just say I didn't understand the question and leave it at that. <_<

Nothing to debate, I was just saying that if you want to play the game in full on a specific dificulty you'll need 5 saves for it, and that you'll need the same 5 saves if you do it on another difficulty later on, nothing more, just pay attention to the part you quoted from me "You'll need this for every difficulty if you do more then one as well, so you'll need 5 for Normal, another 5 for Critical, etc.", I never said you'll need to do them on more then one difficulty. In other words, if you chose to play the entire game on Normal you'll need 5 separate saves, but if you later on decide you want to play the game again on Critical then you need to have all 5 saves on your system for that difficulty as well, same if you want to go again but this time on Beginner, and so forth.

Well, I finished Terra's story and started Ven's.  I got the Fruitball and Rumble Racing trophies.  Now it's just time to work on the arena command boards, arena Rumble Racing (1/2 done), arena in general and the dumb Ice Cream game.  That stupid minigame...

I completely feel your pain, Alternatewarning, and the reason why I'll never play BBS on any future new accounts(if I ever make them because you need a totally new e-mail account to create a new PSN account and I already exhausted all of my options*) because I'm obsessed with keeping my trophy completion high and any game I won't platinum won't be on the account, and I don't want to go through that rhythm game AGAIN. :(

I've decided to make BBS my 35th platinum so I will try to work on completing it this month. I only need to complete all three stories on Critical Mode and hope that I can avoid the sticker glitch to get Collector(which didn't pop during my first runs) to get the final trophies. So expect some more updates in the future.

* Sony needs to create an update for PSN which lets you delete any incomplete trophy lists - I wouldn't mind go through a game a second time to do everything for the trophy again if I change my mind as long as I can get rid of Jak 2 and Sly 3 from my current account. They could ask you "Are you SURE you want to delete this trophy list?" so you can avoid accidental deletion.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I completely feel your pain, Alternatewarning, and the reason why I'll never play BBS on any future new accounts(if I ever make them because you need a totally new e-mail account to create a new PSN account and I already exhausted all of my options*) because I'm obsessed with keeping my trophy completion high and any game I won't platinum won't be on the account, and I don't want to go through that rhythm game AGAIN. :(

I've decided to make BBS my 35th platinum so I will try to work on completing it this month. I only need to complete all three stories on Critical Mode and hope that I can avoid the sticker glitch to get Collector(which didn't pop during my first runs) to get the final trophies. So expect some more updates in the future.

* Sony needs to create an update for PSN which lets you delete any incomplete trophy lists - I wouldn't mind go through a game a second time to do everything for the trophy again if I change my mind as long as I can get rid of Jak 2 and Sly 3 from my current account. They could ask you "Are you SURE you want to delete this trophy list?" so you can avoid accidental deletion.

There is no such thing as a "Sticker Glitch", what happens is that you'll need to get max points (140) for the stickers with all characters, to do that you'll need to put them on the right place in the album, you'll know it's the right place because the sticker will glow and you'll get 7 points for it. Only then the trophy will pop.

I know I'm getting better at it, I got Fantastic on Its a Small World on both beginner and master on the first time with Ventus.  Its just..hard.

I'm guessing you don't like Jak 2 and Sly 3, haha.  And I agree.  I have one game hidden since I have one trophy basically by starting the game and it was so awful that I couldn't get much further.

There is no such thing as a "Sticker Glitch", what happens is that you'll need to get max points (140) for the stickers with all characters, to do that you'll need to put them on the right place in the album, you'll know it's the right place because the sticker will glow and you'll get 7 points for it. Only then the trophy will pop.

Sorry, but the forum is lagging with its loading times, so if I type weird stuff it's because my keyboard is sending signals VEEEERY slowly to my computer. :(

Anyways, Devil_Spooky, I DID get max points for the stickers, because I got Rhythm Mixer for all three characters, which is the prize you get for getting max points for the Sticker tablet. The trophy did not pop after all three characters got Rhythm Mixer. I would show you in screenshots, but I already deleted all of my 100% saves.

Edited by DetectiveCJ