PS3 will die soon or will live long ?

Natsuu24

Oh, not again. They did not remove PSN on PSP. They removed the Store. You can still access your stuff from the Download List.

ps: i didn't know PS2 completely shut down earlier this year. Does this mean Twisted Metal Black Online is completely unplayable now, even with XLink Kai? It was the only way to play it after it was shut down years ago.

You can still play it online with Xlink as well as any other game that had online portions or LAN options

Live long, of course. Like someone mentioned here, the last servers for PS2 shut down on March 31, 2016 (Final Fantasy XI) and online gaming for the PS2 was a lot more trickier than just signing in on a WiFi connection, and it still had a considerable, dedicated community. A LOT of people still play PS3 (the PS3 even still sells better than the PS4 in some regions) and I don't think we have much to worry about for a good long while. I only sporadically play the PS4 at my friends, because I don't have much reason to get one yet. About to change with Dishonored II though...

As long as there are games, it will still be alive. We all know that Sony is trying to choke both PS3 and Vita on the west, but some developers simply dont care and are still releasing new games for both systems.

And if some people were planning to move to a PS4, they may have changed their minds after PS4 NEO news and still be using the PS3.

• Like 1

I have around 100 games to play (around 40 with online trophies) :awesome: so I hope it will stay at least 5 years up. Its liekely that for now only invdividual games will go down.

Holy crap I'm on the same boat! If I don't finish the majority my inner economist would like feel like it has been robbed of a lot of bucks xD.

I think Ps3 will survive for a few more years, if you see, there are still some "inter-generational games" (games for Ps4 that also launch on Ps3) coming up like P5.

• Like 1

Holy crap I'm on the same boat! If I don't finish the majority my inner economist would like feel like it has been robbed of a lot of bucks xD.

I think Ps3 will survive for a few more years, if you see, there are still some "inter-generational games" (games for Ps4 that also launch on Ps3) coming up like P5.

I agree :lol: but loosing bucks isnt a problem for me, rather all that fun we may miss by not playing those games that are worth it .

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742
  • Like 1

I have around 100 games to play (around 40 with online trophies) :awesome: so I hope it will stay at least 5 years up. Its liekely that for now only invdividual games will go down.

Holy crap! that many. How can you have so many games?

I have like 3 games only, and hopefully i won´t buy anymore and be done with ps3 actually

Edited by DPatriot

Holy crap! that many. How can you have so many games?

I have like 3 games only, and hopefully i won´t buy anymore and be done with ps3 actually

Well I dont have so many games :awesome: I think around 15-20 at a time, I just cant stop myself seeing awesome ps3 games on sale. Total number of interesting ps3 games for me is around 100 I think ^_^

Considering the number of games this generation that have online multiplayer, it will be awhile before Sony completely pulls out of the PS3. We will still see budget titles and probably PSN only PS3 games for awhile.

I think it will start with Sony's games though for online ending. LBP series is ending in Japan on July 31st, Resistance series ended in 2014, Gran Turismo 5 ended in 2015 I think, and I think Infamous 2 is next.

Has there been confirmation on server closure for infamous 2?? It's in my considerable backlog so i'll have to get to it soon if it is

Has there been confirmation on server closure for infamous 2?? It's in my considerable backlog so i'll have to get to it soon if it is

No, there hasn't been a confirmation at all. I'm planning on doing the online trophies for it after I finish up the online trophies for LBP series and PES 2015.

Nah it's just a personal opinion/guessing, i think.

You can still play it online with Xlink as well as any other game that had online portions or LAN options

Thank you.

I don't think that the psn servers themselves will close down in the near future. Because i if i remember right ps4 runs on the same one.

What i do think though is that a lot of games online server will shut down in the next 2 years. Just because a lot of the smaller titles will not be played then anymore

I think it'll continue to have support from Sony as long as people still play it so I wouldn't worry about server closure.

To me it's dead though, its felt hella lifeless since the ps4 has been out, I don't see any reason to play the ps3 anymore when i can be playing a vastly superior console.

Edited by ilumixZ
  • Like 1

For the like 5000 time, there are no "PS3" servers.

It's called PlayStationNetwork...

Sony has absolutely No reason to ever block PS3's from using the network.

The Only thing they will do is stop making them.

• Like 3

For the like 5000 time, there are no "PS3" servers.

It's called PlayStationNetwork...

Sony has absolutely No reason to ever block PS3's from using the network.

The Only thing they will do is stop making them.

Do you say da tru ?

• Like 3

Hi guys! What you think about ps3 ?? Will stay "alive" for next years ?? Maybe 4/6 years ?? Or will die soon ?? I.m not talking about game releases, because this is already end, only Fifa, NBA, PES and maybe lego games will still launch. But for us, playstation players, will keep playing ?? Maybe sony will shutdown servers soon  ?? And about trophy sync, you think we will always can ??

Remember, PS2 support ends in 2012, and last games comes out for ps2 was FIFA 14 and PES 14

Good plays and stay alive guys! :)

New games are not the only reason an ecosystem is kept alive. Sony still sells millions and millions of dollars of older software and hardware accessories for PS3. Just because snobs or the ignorant only look at new stuff as worth playing, doesn't mean Sony (thankfully) only cares about them. 

When all brick and mortars stop carrying 50% margin Dualshock 3 controllers and the online store no longer shows any PS3 games available for purchase, something might be about to happen.

People, please stop posting these FUD topics until both of the above appear to be happening.

• Like 2