PS3 will die soon or will live long ?

Natsuu24

PS3's PSN probably will stay up for a long time, I can't see why they would take it down. Although when it comes to developers putting out games for the system. It's in the process of becoming a "dead" system. EA already pulled NHL away from the older systems. Surprised that they didn't do it for the others tbh. The recent Call of Duty wont be coming to the system, already took a huge assumption since the last two weren't even made by Sledgehammer/Treyarch, but instead a third party company. They didn't bring Battlefield 1 to that system..

I don't see them bringing anymore multiplayer games to the older systems (except for sport games if there's an online feature for those?) because I feel like they're simply wasting their time and money on servers. They'd do a lot better with putting out single player games for the time being.

Edit: The sad part is.. if you compare the quality done with one game to another.. Specifically Call of Duty. They do have the capability of making a game look "decent".. two that I can think of right off the bad are MW3 &BO2. Absolutely loved the graphics. Now if you compare how those games look to AW &BO3.. Even though like I said, they're made by different people..... they're not even trying. It's just sad. It's like they're doing a half-assed job just to throw out a shitty version of that game on the PS3. I don't play sport games so I can't compare the graphics.. but.. just comparison to how these companies to their games and how much they "care" about it is horrifying.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

I think we will see a quicker kill than PS2.

The PS2 lasted 13 years... so that wouldn't be saying much. 

If the PS3 lasted as long as the PS2, it would end support in 2019. 

But this is different than the PS2 because it didn't have an online service like we have now. They'll probably discontinue production around 2019-2020, but I don't see them shutting down PSN for PS3's well beyond 2020.