Metal Slug Anthology coming to PS4

During Episode 213 of the PlayStation Blogcast, a new PlayStation 2 Classic for the PlayStation 4 was announced. On July 5, 2016, Metal Slug Anthology will appear on the North American PlayStation Store. It was originally released on the PlayStation 2 in 2007, as well as the PlayStation Portable and Nintendo Wii.

People picking up the Metal Slug Anthology are getting almost every entry in the main series. Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X (the upgraded version of Metal Slug 2), Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4, Metal Slug 5, and Metal Slug 6 are all available. The only absent major installment is Metal Slug 7, also released as Metal Slug XX, which was released on the Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, and Xbox 360. This collection also includes an art gallery, sound gallery, and an interview people can read.

There’s one important thing to note about this Metal Slug Anthology release. The PlayStation 2 version of this game was known for having input lag. Keep that in mind when considering grabbing this PlayStation 2 Classic for a PlayStation 4.

Source: Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/01/metal-slug-anthology-playstation-4s-next-ps2-classic/#IGR5eA1XKmBVlYKW.99

What do you guys think? I'd imagine this will have a tough list as metal slug 3 did

edit: if there's already a thread about this, please lock it.

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 4

I will buy it if I can find a turbo controller for PS4. I remember skipping school when I was 14-15 with a friend for 3-4 days because in the morning we were trying to beat Metal Slug 3 on Xbox original. It took us a few days but it felt so good when we finally beat it. 

Edited by skateak

There's no official ones right now, but you can find modded ones all over the place

Little too spendy for me when I would only use it for a couple games. I would never use it online for an advantage either. I will try to wait for a 3rd party one or something or just skip the game entirely. I already have a huge backlog and I honestly need to stop buying any games for a while but the PSN sales call my name.