Which Devil May Cry has the hardest plat?

Pavani_

I remember getting my ass kicked on Devil May Cry 1 when i played on ps2, but i only knew how to spam attacks back in the time... I played all the games on ps2 a lot and would like to know if any of those from the HD collection is harder than Devil May Cry 4 (i have the plat for it)

I wouldn't really say any of the ones from the HD collection are harder than DMC4. The exception being DMC2 for it's Bloody Palace mode because of how cheap it is. But of the other two, DMC1 was probably the hardest because of no Mission select and Must Die mode bosses being really brutal. But I guess it all depends on your experience. With DMC1 and 3 I found them really hard at first but the more I played them the easier they felt.

• Like 3

I wouldn't really say any of the ones from the HD collection are harder than DMC4. The exception being DMC2 for it's Bloody Palace mode because of how cheap it is. But of the other two, DMC1 was probably the hardest because of no Mission select and Must Die mode bosses being really brutal. But I guess it all depends on your experience. With DMC1 and 3 I found them really hard at first but the more I played them the easier they felt.

lol I was going to message you on PSN to make that question, i remember you from a DMC4 thread i made some months ago.

lol I was going to message you on PSN to make that question, i remember you from a DMC4 thread i made some months ago.

Which question?

Edit: Never mind that, I'm tired :L

But yeah, if you can Platinum DMC4 then you shouldn't have much trouble with 1 and 3. DMC2 is doable but you have to do Bloody Palace which imo was way more annoying and frustrating than DMC4's. Since you're from the U.S. you won't get the cheat for infinite DT like the PAL region has, so you would have to button mash for hours on end to beat that Bloody Palace.

Edited by Redgrave

Which question?

Edit: Never mind that, I'm tired :L

But yeah, if you can Platinum DMC4 then you shouldn't have much trouble with 1 and 3. DMC2 is doable but you have to do Bloody Palace which imo was way more annoying and frustrating than DMC4's. Since you're from the U.S. you won't get the cheat for infinite DT like the PAL region has, so you would have to button mash for hours on end to beat that Bloody Palace.

I'm not from the US, only created an US account because PSN was horrible in my country when i got my ps3 haha, i bought the HD collection from play-asia last week, but didn't knew about the infinite DT cheat, i don't remember if i ordered the EU or US version, will have to check that later.

I'm not from the US, only created an US account because PSN was horrible in my country when i got my ps3 haha, i bought the HD collection from play-asia last week, but didn't knew about the infinite DT cheat, i don't remember if i ordered the EU or US version, will have to check that later.

Oh okay. Well in that case then you probably do have the PAL version then. If so then DMC2 is going to be easiest then.

I dunno, I played DMC 1 - 3 on ps2 I don't have the HD collection yet and yes they were challenging except 2 'cause it's a turd.... But good luck to the people going for the DMC4 special edition....

Trish vs those Blitz was a pain.

• 4 weeks later...

Trophy wise DMC4 is by far the hardest one, since you need to do multiple BP Runs and S Ranks everywhere. Ok, just for the fact everyone here on site avoided the hardest challenge in DMC4 tho, but always saying they're searching for challenge etc and telling how dedicated they are. 

I have to agree, to get S Ranks in the older Games is harder, just for the reason that Damage is a part to get a S Rank. Other than that they would be also very very doable. DMC1 DMD is in some parts hard, but the main problem about the game is, that the Gameplay of DMC1 is utter garbage. So you're moving like a stone with nearly no real abilities. 

Also we don't have to forget, that almost all DMC's are pretty old now, so many strats are leaked now to make things easier. 

Btw: It is always amusing how salty people are about my DMC4 stuff & accomplishments.

Edited by xDLl0YD091x-
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Devil May Cry 1 HD was the first in series I've ever played. Normal and Hard mode were a breeze for me, but Dante Must Die mode was kind of painful and a test of patience! I would have preferred bosses with less HP but with more damage inflicted. Seriously.

Luckily I got a stock of Untouchables from the previous playthrough, they were so useful. I had most troubles with the last form of Nelo Angelo since he was so fast and his moves were so unpredictable. He could kill in just one hit if he wanted.

On the opposite the easiest boss for me was Nightmare because of his predictable attacks, and once I understood how to completely avoid that "limbo" attack.

Looking at the rarity percentage, it looks like I platted the hardest game in the trilogy. Is that right?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

to tell the truth 2 looks like the hardest to me as the worst enemy in this game is boredom, as for trophy wise dmc4 is harder, I think it is annoying the whole play as all characters and BP too but hey it is no dmc2 I tell ya that or that reboot crap but that is me. I think what makes the dmc4 plat hard is mostly the lighting enemies that teleport all over the place.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

to tell the truth 2 looks like the hardest to me as the worst enemy in this game is boredom, as for trophy wise dmc4 is harder, I think it is annoying the whole play as all characters and BP too but hey it is no dmc2 I tell ya that or that reboot crap but that is me. I think what makes the dmc4 plat hard is mostly the lighting enemies that teleport all over the place.

I loved 4 and hated the reboot .

• 2 years later...

I have played the trilogy in PS3. I have plat for DMC1 and DMC2 (BP I did it legal, what a sh**t) and I am playing the third one right now. I would say that in the trilogy the hardest one is 1 or maybe 3 (I would see), but I think that 3 may be easier because you can replay missions in lower difficulties to get items that can be helpful. In DMC1 you did not have mission select, so if you can't beat a boss... learn and repeat.

• 3 years later...

Anyone here done DMC 5 yet? That is the only one I am missing. Hearing that it is easier than DMC 4 has me excited. I did DMC 4 a little over a year ago. I personally didn't think it was that hard, tbh. Only thing I had an issue with was Trish's Bloody Palace run. The Blitz fights sucked. Got insta killed so many times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skateak said:

Anyone here done DMC 5 yet? That is the only one I am missing.

A fair bit easier than 4.

I think the order from hardest to easiest I've seen people suggest for 100% trophies is 4>1>5>3>2. If however the first 3 games had similar trophies to 4 & 5 (the S ranks on all difficulties for example) then they'd probably all shoot ahead (I don't know about DMC2, I don't care enough about that game...)

5 is by far the easiest of the series to S rank all difficulties on (again, don't know about DMC2) but only 4 & 5 actually require you to do that kind of thing for the platinum.

Also 4 has some harder moments in the Bloody Palace as you mention, the double Blitz being a bit tricky.

So, if you didn't find 4 all that hard then 5 will be a breeze.