PSN Create New Account keeps saying user is taken when its not

I go on playstation to make a new account and everything is fine but when i get to enter a user id, its says that ots unavailable. So i check to on playstationnetwork.com and psnuserprofiles.com, or this site, and the user id hasnt been used. What do i do to be able to create my account with the user id i want without it keep saying that?

I go on playstation to make a new account and everything is fine but when i get to enter a user id, its says that ots unavailable. So i check to on playstationnetwork.com and psnuserprofiles.com, or this site, and the user id hasnt been used. What do i do to be able to create my account with the user id i want without it keep saying that?

The only site that may give you a full list of all PSN IDs, is the official site "playstation.com", you need to login there with an existing PSN ID, then you can look up any profile (the search option is somewhere in the trophy page if I'm not wrong). Any other site will probably only list a portion of the million of PSN IDs ever created..

Still the sure way to look up if an ID really exists it's by using the user search option on Vita or PS4 (since I would assume it will find any and all accounts ever created..)

Also, I'm assuming there's no option to block the ID from appearing in the search, but maybe there is a way..

The only site that may give you a full list of all PSN IDs, is the official site "playstation.com", you need to login there with an existing PSN ID, then you can look up any profile (the search option is somewhere in the trophy page if I'm not wrong). Any other site will probably only list a portion of the million of PSN IDs ever created..

Still the sure way to look up if an ID really exists it's by using the user search option on Vita or PS4 (since I would assume it will find any and all accounts ever created..)

Also, I'm assuming there's no option to block the ID from appearing in the search, but maybe there is a way..

So wait, does the account still show up as being used even if said account is banned for whatever reason, or does it get deleted as if it was never used? Because if so, then there is no way to know or sure whether the PSN ID has been used or not unless you have received a confirmation from Sony indicating that the account has been banned.

So wait, does the account still show up as being used even if said account is banned for whatever reason, or does it get deleted as if it was never used? Because if so, then there is no way to know or sure whether the PSN ID has been used or not unless you have received a confirmation from Sony indicating that the account has been banned.

Nah I'm pretty sure banned profiles still keep the IDs for the rest of eternity...* dun dun dun*  :blink:

I don't know, maybe it should still how up, with a notice of banning or the last stats of the profile before banning... still I don't remember of any banned ID to check (although I should know 1 or 2, since I knew some people that got hacked and banned a few years ago)..

But the IDs are still kept as used (from what I read Sony uses the PSN IDs as the system check for each account, so they kind of need to keep that info in the system, even after banning, this is also why Sony can't allow us to change our PSN IDs at our will).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

This is how I ended up with my user name, it kept telling me everything I entered was already in use, so I entered my current one out of frustration- accepted, so went with it. Have long since searched my original preference- "user id does not exist", lol. But had acquired way too many games in the meantime so wasn't going to start from scratch

Whoever has the name probably has their profile on private, so you can't view it on third-party sites (such as here).

I created Japanime_Gamer at the same time as I did this account and I put it on 'private' so it would not show up and would also not be able to be created by someone with no imagination who liked the name.

Not sure if it is still on private as I havn't logged on that account for a very long time but that would be one explanation as you say.

Edit: I just tried to update Japanime_Gamer on PSNP, I have one game (Dream club) at 100% on the profile) and yet PSNP says the user ID does not exist, so yes just because it does not exist here it does not mean it has not been taken.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Edit: I just tried to update Japanime_Gamer on PSNP, I have one game (Dream club) at 100% on the profile) and yet PSNP says the user ID does not exist, so yes just because it does not exist here it does not mean it has not been taken.

This one - http://psnprofiles.com/Japanime_Gamer ?

OT : I hope you guys aren't using the leaderboard to see if a PSN ID is available, use the update section on the home page. Like I said in my previous post, if a ID has never been used on a console, PSNP will say the ID doesn't exist. Banned ID's don't get deleted from Sony's servers, they'll still exist.

Eg : http://psnprofiles.com/BALLZ_ARE_SOAR and http://psnprofiles.com/TheBolloxx

If you wanna check if what I say is true, create a new account and set a PSN ID (Do it on Sony's site). Then before using it on any console, update the account on PSNP, it won't even show up as a 0% account.