Level 99

sanspantalon

If Elephant give 545 exp points and reaching level 99 need 999 999 points ''only'' 1158 Elephant are needed (I'm currently lvl 70) !!!! That's insane 

If Elephant give 545 exp points and reaching level 99 need 999 999 points ''only'' 1158 Elephant are needed (I'm currently lvl 70) !!!! That's insane 

No!!! Miscalculation they only worth 245!!! The value seems to differ time to time!!!

Edited by sanspantalon

No miscalculation they only worth 245!!!

Wait, so is it 545 or 245? Seems like there is a miscalculation after all.

Wait, so is it 545 or 245? Seems like there is a miscalculation after all.

The exp given from one elephant (and maybe the enemies in general) seems to differ from time to time. For some elephants I got 246 exp, from others 255 exp and even some other values.  :huh:

But if we really need 999.999 exp than the grind will be real for me. I just have about 240k exp which means I have to roughly kill another 3,000 elephants.  :blink:

The exp given from one elephant (and maybe the enemies in general) seems to differ from time to time. For some elephants I got 246 exp, from others 255 exp and even some other values.  :huh:

But if we really need 999.999 exp than the grind will be real for me. I just have about 240k exp which means I have to roughly kill another 3,000 elephants.  :blink:

I confirm the exp given differ time to time. Total experience after killing one minus  total exp before killing one and I've got a different value each time!!!

The best way I found to do this was to go between the two elephant areas at the start of the path, And kill all on the screen, as long as you advance to the next screen before the last elephant you kill vanishes that screen will load elephants again. Going back and forth using the sword's max attacked worked well.

If you move to slow and don't make it to the next screen before the last elephant vanishes then go two maps up or down then head back for them all to load again

The best way I found to do this was to go between the two elephant areas at the start of the path, And kill all on the screen, as long as you advance to the next screen before the last elephant you kill vanishes that screen will load elephants again. Going back and forth using the sword's max attacked worked well.

If you move to slow and don't make it to the next screen before the last elephant vanishes then go two maps up or down then head back for them all to load again

How much time it took you? I'm LVL 85 / 650 000 EP

How much time it took you? I'm LVL 85 / 650 000 EP

Passed the main story at around 12 hours, my Final save was at around 21 - 22 hours however had to do another additional save for around 6 levels to get the other stats to 99 so took me around 11 - 12 hours or so hours of grinding. I did change places a couple of times to mix it up tho

Edited by fisty123

Good news: you don't need 999.999 exp. You only need 999.415 exp for level 99  :D

Just got my platinum. Playtime 18:39 with about 2-3 in standby, (timer keeps ticking) I had to grind for about 4-5 hours

I have one other save at endboss just before grinding xp. That timer stands on 14:03

i can't see any more elephants btw :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr_Marty84
  • Like 1

Good news: you don't need 999.999 exp. You only need 999.415 exp for level 99  :D

Nice, that saves one screen transition. xD

As I accidentally overwrote my final save where I was level ~67 I had to redo the Dime Tower and the Temple of Mana and I decided to keep track of the EXP-gain. If using the Antechambre right before Excalibur it's possible to get 100k EXP per 30 minutes. I'm now at about 500k EXP so I still have two and a half hours of grind right before me. Wow, what a joy. :|

[...]I still have two and a half hours of grind right before me. Wow, what a joy. :|

seems like you got your plat in the meantime, congrats!

i guess the level99 grind should also net you the 100k gold? 

because i'm not far from the point of no return and only got 15k or so on me, since i always bought all the weapons and armor when i came across them.

most people, like you for example, seem to get the 100k early by just saving and not buying anything i guess?

the fastest achiever did it really early, like after the second or third boss trophy. took him almost 3hrs, tho'. i guess there is also a good early game farming spot then...

seems like you got your plat in the meantime, congrats!

i guess the level99 grind should also net you the 100k gold? 

because i'm not far from the point of no return and only got 15k or so on me, since i always bought all the weapons and armor when i came across them.

most people, like you for example, seem to get the 100k early by just saving and not buying anything i guess?

the fastest achiever did it really early, like after the second or third boss trophy. took him almost 3hrs, tho'. i guess there is also a good early game farming spot then...

The 100k gold will come naturally. It's actually a cumulative trophy as the maximum of gold you can hold is 2^16 -1 (65,535). The trophy should soon pop for you. I got it while I was heading for the Undersea Volcano but only because I slayed nearly every enemy and got lucky with several Gold Dusts, Diamond Dice and some Crystal drops. And the grind for level 99 should net this trophy, too. 

The 100k gold will come naturally. It's actually a cumulative trophy as the maximum of gold you can hold is 2^16 -1 (65,535). The trophy should soon pop for you. I got it while I was heading for the Undersea Volcano but only because I slayed nearly every enemy and got lucky with several Gold Dusts, Diamond Dice and some Crystal drops. And the grind for level 99 should net this trophy, too. 

ah, i didn't know it was cumulative! that changes everything then, thank you. :)

just printed out the item/armor checklist from the other thread and will continue this afternoon after work. it's a fun little game, a shame i never played it before.

• Like 1

i found an amazing spot to grind pretty early on in the game, it's on the airship, so it's missable

it's right before you climb down the ladder on the outside to save the girl. on this screen there are 4 wolves, each being worth 50 exp, but on the bottom of the screen you can hit all 4 with a single sword swipe. at first you need 2 hits to kill them but once you put enough points in warrior (42 str to be exact) you will one-shot them, then you only need to press left to instantly switch screens, and repeat the process. you will earn around 4000 exp per minute. it took me like half an hour to reach level 50. later on in the game the enemies might give you more exp but on this screen you dont even have to move around to get to the enemies. i dont suggest to grind to 95-99 here but give it an hour while you are here, it will save you time later on and also makes the rest of the game a complete joke

screenshot of the the area

aomgrind9csbt.jpg