wow....ok 0_0

Stargazer2600

So i have beat ME 1 and 2 on insanity. I figured this would be like 2 (super hard at the start but easier as you upgraded the weapons). It took me 4 deaths just to get off earth...once i hit mars i think i died once but when i get to palivan and have to clear the base for Victus and have to take on the 3 brutes...i die every. single. time.

So i made a second save. turned the difficulty down and played ahead to remind myself what is in store and jesus 0_0. how did you guys do this? Some places are 2 brutes, a banshee and like 3 ravagers. On Insanity they chuck grenades like they are candy and one grenade is a auto kill. I mean i love a challenge but this is crazy. Im gonna beat the game once and then do a NG+ and see if that helps but to those that actually pulled this off. how did you do it cause this is looking like complete hell. If you did this, bestow some wisdom lol you the real MVP

Edited by Stargazer2600

Strategy, skill, patience, and luck are all factors in beating the difficulty, as well as some classes will have a tougher time than others. I haven't researched strategies for ME3 on insanity because I still have to finish ME2 so I can't tell you the best way to kill brutes, but google could be your friend. I'm sure there are good guides out there.

Any ability that eats/weakens Armor is what you need. Fire-based abilities will damage armor quickly (Incinerate, Fire-Rounds), as will biotics like Warp (softens up Armor and strips Barriers). Some of the guns and attachments have armor piercing as well. When there's a lot of Brutes, it's just keep your distance and do your best with what you have.

As for the grenades.... You have to just run away. It's the worst part of Insanity.

Pretty much what others above have said. I don't remember much else about this game, but contrary to what some people over the internet say about ME3 not having weapons better than the others, imo I found that the M-37 Falcon and the Black Widow Sniper rifle made insanity a breeze compared to almost everything else. I'd recommend using those.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

For the Insanity run I recently finished I pretty much used the weapon that you get from the From Ashes DLC (If you have said DLC), the Prothean Particle Rifle. With that weapon and incendiary ammo you can pretty much shred through most enemies, at least once you get their shield or barrier down.

Any ability that eats/weakens Armor is what you need. Fire-based abilities will damage armor quickly (Incinerate, Fire-Rounds), as will biotics like Warp (softens up Armor and strips Barriers). Some of the guns and attachments have armor piercing as well. When there's a lot of Brutes, it's just keep your distance and do your best with what you have.

As for the grenades.... You have to just run away. It's the worst part of Insanity.

thinking of using engineer and spamming the drone and incinerate lol. My last 2 characters in ME 1 and 2 were shoulders but I am learning I cant just be a tank/sniper like I normally would Edited by Stargazer2600

I went in with NG+ weapons and abilities as a soldier. If you have the DLC (specifically the Javik one), max the Prothean Rifle to level 10 (or 5 if it's your first playthrough) with explosive Inferno rounds. You basically win the game. Otherwise like Brawl3r said, use the Matlock or Cerberus rifles.

So i made a second save. turned the difficulty down and played ahead to remind myself what is in store and jesus 0_0. how did you guys do this? Some places are 2 brutes, a banshee and like 3 ravagers.

To my recollection, there shouldn't be ANY banshees OR ravagers on Palavin. The first banshees appear in the mission where you encounter Samara OR the Leviathan DLC. I don't recall the first appearance of the ravagers, though.

As to everything else, let us know your class and load out and we may have a clearer picture of how to help.

The Vanguard class is ridiculously op on ME3. He has these 2 moves called Biotic Charge and Nova. Biotic Charge heals your shield and Nova consumes your shield instead of having a cool down. Nova also has a ton of invincibility frames, so Biotic Charge > Nova till BC cools down > Repeat... it can wreck everything while keeping you relatively safe.

Bigger enemies like brutes, banshees, etc can grab you and insta kill you which is pretty much the only way you'll die using this set up. Brutes, Atlas, etc can only grab you after they use a melee attack and banshee can only grab you when they're charged up and teleporting.

Also ME3 has a new mechanic called Explosions where coating an enemy with a power then hitting it with another power causes a power explosion and does huge extra damage. Here's an example, if you use incendiary ammo to catch an enemy on fire then hit it with biotic charge it creates a fire explosions for huge bonus damage. There's tons of examples and most of them absolutely wreck armor. With the vanguard class I usually use the above example or bring someone that can cast warp and trigger it with shockwave. Pull + Shockwave works for the vanguard as well but you can't pull armored opponents.

This info and this setup make insanity a complete cake walk. Vanguard with a good shotgun absolutely wreck shop.

Edited by KingGuy420

The hardest part in all 3 games on Insanity was the fight against the 2 Scions on Horizon.Since you already finished that,you shouldn't have issues in ME3.I played as a soldier and i finished the game with 10-15 deaths.Incendiary ammo + headshots and Liara on your party make things very easy

• Like 1

To my recollection, there shouldn't be ANY banshees OR ravagers on Palavin. The first banshees appear in the mission where you encounter Samara OR the Leviathan DLC. I don't recall the first appearance of the ravagers, though.

As to everything else, let us know your class and load out and we may have a clearer picture of how to help.

I said I played ahead so I went past palavin on the second save.

I'm a engineer. And ATM I have almost everything maxed out

thinking of using engineer and spamming the drone and incinerate lol. My last 2 characters in ME 1 and 2 were shoulders but I am learning I cant just be a tank/sniper like I normally would

Incinerate is a good move, specially if you keep your loadout light and just spam the heck out of it. Then if you've got a biotic team mate for the Barriers, you're golden.

If you're using engineer, he has tons of great combo explosions.

Incinerate + Overload = Fire Explosion

Incinerate + Cryo = Fire Explosion

Cryo + Overload = Cryo Explosion

Etc

Etc

Power combo explosions are freaking amazing and pretty much all 3 of his main element powers can be combined to make them.

Combos are your friend on Insanity. Not only your own combos but your team members as well. Having team members that get combos off each other's abilities is great when you are waiting for your own cooldowns. Positioning is also key. Some classes work well at distance and other work well at close range. The key is to be able to dish out as much damage at once in order to control the battle. Brutes are tricky but keep strafing to avoid their charges. Banshees are dangerous at close range but they take a while to reach you and you know they are there because of their audible cry once the enter the fray. Once you hear the cry, locate and focus primarily on the Banshee. Later on, you will be getting a combination of the two and others. Banshees are top priority followed by Brutes, in my opinion. The rest of the enemies can be tricky at times but can be dealt with ease. The more practice you get fighting them, the more strategies you will find that suit your play style. Don't give up hope. Even failure is a learning experience.

• Like 1

As I recall, you can get the Insanity trophy from playing online as well.  All you have to do is complete the 4 base game maps on Gold.  That's how I did it.  Maybe if the insanity difficulty is so tough, try that?

I think you are think of the Unwavering trophy (Finish all multiplayer maps on Gold or all single-player missions on Insanity). The Insanity trophy is specifically for the single player campaign.

• Like 1

If you're using engineer, he has tons of great combo explosions.

Incinerate + Overload = Fire Explosion

Incinerate + Cryo = Fire Explosion

Cryo + Overload = Cryo Explosion

Etc

Etc

Power combo explosions are freaking amazing and pretty much all 3 of his main element powers can be combined to make them.

the combo idea is proving invaluable LOL. I've been using incinerate + overload or concussive shot and I've just been chewing right through everything. I love it
  • Like 1

Be a soldier.  Use Liara and Vega as your team as they have the best anti anything powers to combo with.  Pick a rifle you like and make a light weapon build, one rifle and a light handgun or sub machine gun.  You don't want a lot of weight so your powers regenerate faster.  Use concussion shot and literally peek behind cover and keep shooting it over and over as the waves of reapers slowly come at you.  Target big enemies with your whole team and bullet time to take them out quickly and most firefights will be a breeze.

the combo idea is proving invaluable LOL. I've been using incinerate + overload or concussive shot and I've just been chewing right through everything. I love it

Yeah, power combos are VERY helpful and a lot of people don't realize just how great they are. There's a pretty big focus on them in multiplayer though which is where most people figure them out.