Aksys announces Otome-localizations (Bad Apple Wars, Code Realize fan-disc, Collar x Malice, and Period Cube)

crimsonidol38

Yes, they are primarily for girls but they are quite similar to the "normal" harem-VNs where you are in control of a guy.

Well Similar just for the Kind of game; i wish to Guide a Guy and "Conquer" Different wonderful Girls than have to be a girl and see onyl mens for the rest of the stories and Maybe 1-2 Secondary females characters xD

Edited by Puriddu9427

I'm not sure how I feel about Code: Realise, I mean.. I'm really enjoying it for what it is atm. I like that the romance is part of a bigger story and not the entire plot being about the romance.

Part of me would like to leave the endings as they are and not spoil it for myself.. and it seems the 'fan disc' will revolve entirely around the romance but.. I must have more Victor.

• Like 1

I wish aksys would localize some galge too, haven't really gotten any here in the west, not counting the erotic ones that get localized on pcs. More vita games are always good though

I still don't really understand the reasoning behind pushing otome...

I mean, with respect to all fujoshi, I really don't think they are prevalent Vita owners category =D

I still don't really understand the reasoning behind pushing otome...

I mean, with respect to all fujoshi, I really don't think they are prevalent Vita owners category =D

Probably for the ame reason one of the 2 Italian Anime Editors take here that kind of anime, it costs less as Right Than a Galge/Ecchi....

• 5 months later...

Aksys more or less confirmed the next release window for one of the Otome-games:

Collar X Malice will launch both physically and digitally for PS Vita in North America and Europe this summer, publisher Aksys Games announced.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/collar-x-malice-launches-summer-west

I'm surprised that they are aiming for a physical release in Europe. Hope this is not a mistake.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

I guess they'll Make a Release evey 3 months so something like April/June/Septmber/November? I dont' really know and i'm not really interested in none of this games, give me Girls xD 

I'm surprised AT ALL of a Retail version even just in the NA honestly! 

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It's Aksys =/

That's the main problem. I really like the fact that they helped bringing some games over to the west but their lack of communication regarding whether Europe gets a physical release or will be treated with overpriced (and/or delayed) downloads only (Gulity Gear Xrd, XBlaze-games, Nonary Games for Vita) is annoying. :|

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's the main problem. I really like the fact that they helped bringing some games over to the west but their lack of communication regarding whether Europe gets a physical release or will be treated with overpriced (and/or delayed) downloads only (Gulity Gear Xrd, XBlaze-games, Nonary Games for Vita) is annoying. :|

On the other hand, importing pretty much comes to the same price as buying the EU version xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Collar x Malice looks rather interesting. I've played only one otome game before (Code: Realize) which was pretty good, but the lack of gameplay and overly long text portions made me snooze.

The publisher advertises Collar x Malice has "massive amounts of gameplay". Any idea what kind of gameplay elements they mean? Using detective skills sounds good anyhow. I may get the game on sale sometime.

• 2 months later...

Oh well, seems like the thing that Collar x Malice gets a physical release in Europe was a false rumor after all, although they even said so in their own news:

http://www.aksysgames.com/2017/04/25/collar-x-malice-is-coming-to-ps-vita-summer-2017/

GG Aksys. Again you show how much you care about Europe. :|

I wonder if the download, which will release on Friday, will be overpriced, again. IIRC they charge 50 EUR for Period Cube, whereas the price is normally 40 EUR.

Nonetheless, my VGP.ca-order just shipped...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Oh well, seems like the thing that Collar x Malice gets a physical release in Europe was a false rumor after all, although they even said so in their own news:

http://www.aksysgames.com/2017/04/25/collar-x-malice-is-coming-to-ps-vita-summer-2017/

GG Aksys. Again you show how much you care about Europe. :|

I wonder if the download, which will release on Friday, will be overpriced, again. IIRC they charge 50 EUR for Period Cube, whereas the price is normally 40 EUR.

Nonetheless, my VGP.ca-order just shipped...

Well, that's Aksys for you... 

On 25.7.2017 at 10:57 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, that's Aksys for you... 

Just found this:

And seems like it's for real (someone linked this):

https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/collar-x-malice-eu-std-version-pegi

Seems to be a similar case to Tokyo Xanadu. THere's an EU-retail but only some UK-retailers have it, all others only have the US-release. Srsly Aksys, get your shit together. :facepalm:

• 5 weeks later...