The Warriors (2005 PS2 game) trophy list thoughts

smellslikejavier

Are we trophy hunters or platinum hunters? I don't know why some people can't be content with just completing a game they like.

Well for me it's because I have this on PS2 so like Gibbo said if they're lazy on the trophy front, I'll be lazy and just stick with my PS2 copy. It's not like these releases are cheap mind. £12 is too steep just so I can get 13 more trophies, especially when I bought the disc for only £1!

That's why these PS2 releases really need platinums for me to jump on them, not to mention they are full games so I'd expect them to have anyway.

Maybe there is no other way to integrate more trophies? Don't forget that this is a emulated PS2 disc image that runs through en emulator and not a proper PS4 remaster. They can only do so much by going through the memory values a game gives out to use it for certain trophy triggers.

That's actually a really good point! I don't want it to be true of course but it would be an understandable reason. :P

I'm sure this game has stats though so the trophies could be triggered from the game tracking those, like the GTA's would've done.

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 1

Well for me it's because I have this on PS2 so like Gibbo said if they're lazy on the trophy front, I'll be lazy and just stick with my PS2 copy. It's not like these releases are cheap mind. £12 is too steep just so I can get 13 more trophies, especially when I bought the disc for only £1!

Sony has the final say on what can have a Platinum. The dev's for the Megaman Legacy collection responded on the subject saying Sony didn't think their game had enough content to warrant a platinum. Shortly after which, Goat Simulator released with a platinum. I don't know what Sony wants content wise.

Point is, you can't blame Rockstar for being, "Lazy".

Sony has the final say on what can have a Platinum. The dev's for the Megaman Legacy collection responded on the subject saying Sony didn't think their game had enough content to warrant a platinum. Shortly after which, Goat Simulator released with a platinum. I don't know what Sony wants content wise.

Point is, you can't blame Rockstar for being, "Lazy".

We are of the understanding that a small team at Sony makes the trophies for these PS2 releases though, with input from the original devs if possible. So if anything I'm branding Sony lazy here. They probably didn't take the time to work with Rockstar Toronto on these trophies hence why they're so lacklustre.

Maybe there is no other way to integrate more trophies? Don't forget that this is a emulated PS2 disc image that runs through en emulator and not a proper PS4 remaster. They can only do so much by going through the memory values a game gives out to use it for certain trophy triggers.

but there are many ps2 games on ps4 with a platinum: the gta trilogy, okage, bully, both dark cloud, rogue galaxy, manhunt, etc...

many of them are even open world, which takes a lot from the console's memory and power, so i don't think adding trophies affects it that much.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Are we trophy hunters or platinum hunters? I don't know why some people can't be content with just completing a game they like.

I mean, it won't stop me from playing a game. But coming from Xbox, Platinums are that big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, you just don't get with achievement hunting. Gotta have my lucky charms, man. ;P 

• Like 1

but there are many ps2 games on ps4 with a platinum: the gta trilogy, okage, bully, both dark cloud, rogue galaxy, manhunt, etc...

many of them are even open world, which takes a lot from the console's memory and power, so i don't think adding trophies affects it that much.

I think he meant the way the trophies unlock for these PS2 games is the emulator reads the "disc" for specific cues and uses them to trigger trophies. The problem is they can only use cues that were originally present since they don't change the source code.

I think he meant the way the trophies unlock for these PS2 games is the emulator reads the "disc" for specific cues and uses them to trigger trophies. The problem is they can only use cues that were originally present since they don't change the source code.

Exactly! :) They have to scan whatever the game writes in the RAM of the PS2 and check for certain values. And that value also has to be unique for that one condition that should unlock a trophy.

Games nowadays are designed with these triggers in mind, but implementing them in a PS2 game can be tricky, especially if they can't touch the game itself.

This link has been posted before when people discussed the Siren trophies: http://gamingbolt.com/dev-it-takes-2-3-months-just-to-add-trophies-for-ps2-emulation-comments-on-trophy-progression-tracker

It offers a little bit of insight into the process.

• Like 1

So on US psn store this is listed as playable on PS3 only. But according to this forum and the trophy list, this is a PS2 emulation on PS4. Can anyone confirm which system(s) this is playable on?

If you want to earn trophies, you will need to buy the PS4 version.

So on US psn store this is listed as playable on PS3 only. But according to this forum and the trophy list, this is a PS2 emulation on PS4. Can anyone confirm which system(s) this is playable on?

The version you are talking about is most likely the PS2 casslic version that only runs on PS3 and doesn't support trophies

The version you are talking about is most likely the PS2 casslic version that only runs on PS3 and doesn't support trophies

Ok yea that's what I thought. I guess the store just isn't updated yet. I'll check again later this afternoon for the PS4 version with trophies.

Exactly! :) They have to scan whatever the game writes in the RAM of the PS2 and check for certain values. And that value also has to be unique for that one condition that should unlock a trophy.

Games nowadays are designed with these triggers in mind, but implementing them in a PS2 game can be tricky, especially if they can't touch the game itself.

This link has been posted before when people discussed the Siren trophies: http://gamingbolt.com/dev-it-takes-2-3-months-just-to-add-trophies-for-ps2-emulation-comments-on-trophy-progression-tracker

It offers a little bit of insight into the process.

oh ok now i get it! that could be another reason too, but i still think that my theories about them releasing some of this ps2 games without a plat so they can release them faster and because maybe some of them doesn't have that much content to guarantee a plat might be correct too, alongside your theory.

i see that others have already answered your question, but just to be clear:

this ps2 games on ps4 has trophy support, 1080p resolution, remote play, share play and streaming capabilities.

meanwhile ps2 games on ps3 doesn't have any of that, and i think they only support 720p resolution if i'm correct.

Shame there's no plat, but I'm mostly waiting for Rockstar to release both of their GTA Stories: Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories.

Never got the chance to play them, and I'm sure they will earn a lot of money with a re-release.

At this point, and seeing how many Rockstar's PS2 games we are getting, I do believe we will be seeing both GTA Stories, Red Dead Revolver, Midnight Club, etc on PS4 soon :)

• Like 1

Might get it on my U.S account though $14.99 is a bit steep for a no platinum buy. It's not like I haven't played it 60000000 times already. Also, My other half finally watched this with me a few weeks ago, it's still super campy and the roller skating dudes are so weak ;) But it' still a great film once you're used to the 70's.