Metal Slug Anthology (2007 PS2 game) trophy list thoughts

I still have the ps2 disc of this collection but seriously? beat MS4 with only five lives??

if I wasn't wrong metal slug 4 or the one that have a giant slug as one of the early bosses is the hardest Metal Slug game to date even in two player coop. the lowest death rate I manage to have after finish it solo back in the ps2 was 14 times!

Awesome stuff! First PS2 game since the Star Wars ones that I want to get.

I still have the ps2 disc of this collection but seriously? beat MS4 with only five lives??

if I wasn't wrong metal slug 4 or the one that have a giant slug as one of the early bosses is the hardest Metal Slug game to date even in two player coop. the lowest death rate I manage to have after finish it solo back in the ps2 was 14 times!

If I recall correctly, Metal Slug has the same system like most arcade games those days: life is not the same as continue. You get a couple of lives, when you completely die you'll get to use a continue if you have any left.

Awesome stuff! First PS2 game since the Star Wars ones that I want to get.

If I recall correctly, Metal Slug has the same system like most arcade games those days: life is not the same as continue. You get a couple of lives, when you completely die you'll get to use a continue if you have any left.

that's what I meant, I almost forgot, it's been eight years since last time I played a Metal Slug game. I believe each continue give's you 3 or 4 lives and each time you died you get to chose from the available playable characters.

that's what I meant, I almost forgot, it's been eight years since last time I played a Metal Slug game. I believe each continue give's you 3 or 4 lives and each time you died you get to chose from the available playable characters.

If you used 14 continues, does that mean there's an unlimited number of continues?

I probably won't 100% the game anyways but it would be nice to finally be able to see the ending of these games, I was way too young back in the old arcade days and the one time I really played this game, our money ran out before we got to the end :-)

This list is insanely easy compared to the achievements of metal slug 3 and metal slug x. You had to beat every level without dying once and beat the entire game without using a continue. Even then that was pretty easy with enough practice.

Edited by SnowxSakura

No release date for Yuropoors like always.  And it better be 60Hz because I remember well the ps2 European compilation to be 50Hz and that was terrible.

I think it might have something to do with SNK's publishing rights, since their other PS2 emulated game published by them, The King of Fighters 2000, wasn't released on the EU Store either: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

It's been 2 months since KOF 2000's release on the NA Store, and they still haven't released it on the European one.

It's kind of weird, seeing as how both this and KOF 2000's trophy lists have multi-language support for Spanish, Italian, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, etc... and still they are a NA's exclusive. Maybe they will get released on the EU Store at some point, but no one knows when.

Edited by Finozzi1696

If you used 14 continues, does that mean there's an unlimited number of continues?

I probably won't 100% the game anyways but it would be nice to finally be able to see the ending of these games, I was way too young back in the old arcade days and the one time I really played this game, our money ran out before we got to the end :-)

LOL! yeah this is the main solo of why these games are too darn Hard, it's an arcade shooter and arcade games are meant to be that difficult so it can vacuum clean your pockets dry!

and yes, the anthology collection on ps2 have unlimited continues. though, it doesn't matter if the ps4 port will have unlimited continue too or not as these trophies ask you to beat each game by only seen the continue screen five times or lower. it's not the levels are what throw some challenge on you, it's the bosses.

This list is insanely easy compared to the achievements of metal slug 3 and metal slug x. You had to beat every level without dying once and beat the entire game without using a continue. Even then that was pretty easy with enough practice.

i know metal slug 3 you couldn't see a continue (not in the anthology) it was the standalone but they had save states. 

(which made the difficulty go from a 7/10 to a mere 1/10.

anthology also had some artwork which could unlock, i had just 2 picture's i couldn't get to show up. had to do certain things.

Edited by kingdrake2

i know metal slug 3 you couldn't see a continue (not in the anthology) it was the standalone but they had save states. 

(which made the difficulty go from a 7/10 to a mere 1/10.

anthology also had some artwork which could unlock, i had just 2 picture's i couldn't get to show up. had to do certain things.

On the 360 version there were no save states, just had to practice a lot

cheat codes disabled ????????

Nope, the Anthology doesn't have cheats in the game period, and this is coming off from someone that actually has the PS2 copy of it.

Metal Slug 3 on PS4 gave you the opportunity to set your lifes to 99..

If you can do it here as well, it won't be a problem at all.

Actually, you can't, the game's lives are fixed to 3. And this isn't a unique port, its a PS2->PS4 porting job. But hey, at least you can set the difficulty to easy, I assume.

Also, the PS2 version does not have save stating that the PSP version does, although in a good way, the anthology supports auto fire, but only for all MS games except 6, so yeah, good going getting blisters on MS6, lol.

MS 1-3 (including X) I can do no-continues, 4-6 however, is another story, and doing it under 5 continues would probably be a pain, but I can try. Other than that, the game's $20, since KOF 2000's was $10, but hey, considering you're getting the majority of the MS games (minus 7/XX), its a good offer.