What Region is this List?

Unknown_v2_0

oh no....

i do not want to do it again, it was bad enough trying to plat that game ><.

i can easily resist it, by avoiding the limited print run.

not fun to plat ?  heard its hell of a grindhouse. 

Edited by Swordsman83

not fun to plat ?  heard its hell of a grindhouse. 

Grind? Most of it is not grind, when the game has so much to do. The game has more than 100 hours of stuff to do, a lot of it not required for platinum, and you can sprinkle like 10 hours of grind into that i guess, depends a bit on how you play.

Do you think Ni No Kuni platinum had grind? I sure did! Rainbow Moon was about the same IMO.

Most of the time you can pick between making it easier through grind and doing something difficult without grind. Just play harder enemies, and you get more "exp".

The leveling post-game is very quick.

Edited by MMDE

I am yet to get around to starting this game, have it installed on both systems. Do I stack the trophy lists and do it twice hmmmm

You would have to reearn the platinum?

Digital copies share trophy lists. 

Physical ones have a separate list from the digital....but are on a separate server so you can't transfer save. 

Grind? Most of it is not grind, when the game has so much to do. The game has more than 100 hours of stuff to do, a lot of it not required for platinum, and you can sprinkle like 10 hours of grind into that i guess, depends a bit on how you play.

Do you think Ni No Kuni platinum had grind? I sure did! Rainbow Moon was about the same IMO.

Most of the time you can pick between making it easier through grind and doing something difficult without grind. Just play harder enemies, and you get more "exp".

The leveling post-game is very quick.

levelling grind not so much.

its the farming of items for ni no kuni. 

levelling grind not so much.

its the farming of items for ni no kuni. 

Yeah, Ni No Kuni's item and catching grind was kinda bothering. I was not really bothered by the leveling in Rainbow Moon. The game is pretty big and open and lots to explore. Usually there are ways to level up efficiently, and usually you can push on further and level up faster by fighting stronger enemies. You are around level 65-80 when you beat the game, but the game has a lot of post-game stuff, where the focus is raising the level cap. You will meet stronger and stronger enemies that gives more and more "exp" and the amount of "exp" required to level up stay the same after level 80 up to level 150, and from 150 up to like I don't know... 999? You only need level 500 IIRC. But yeah, you just level up faster and faster. I think 2-3 hours from level 350 to 500, and before that you were fighting new enemies exploring new areas etc, there is also so when you level up from 350 to 500, in fact, stuff up to level 999, but not required for platinum. You also don't fully need to level up the abilities and armor etc. There's absolutely nothing missable. The more you play the game, the faster the battle system is too, allowing you to skip battle animations and learning attacks that allow you to move around on the battle field while doing massive area of effect attacks over and over in the same turn.

Compared to Ni No Kuni, NNK had a great story, Rainbow Moon doesn't. Rainbow Moon had great gameplay, NNK in many ways didn't. NNK had a broken battle system. Everything is well adjusted in RM, giving you overcoming challenges when it tries to.

I think two reasons why people say the game is so grindy:

1. You will often be unable to progress and open up more of the world until you beat a boss. You can grind the current enemies to level up and more easily beat the boss, but this takes a lot of time. This is what many do. You can also just play better and beat the boss and progress to new areas where enemies are stronger and give more "exp", so you level up faster.
  2. There are booster DLCs, making it look like they forced extra grind into the game to tempt you into buying the booster pack DLCs. Yes, the booster DLCs can make a little difference early on, like the bigger ones can save you some few hours, but only early on. Later in the game, where the harder parts of the game is, they are near completely useless.
Edited by MMDE

You would have to reearn the platinum?

Digital copies share trophy lists. 

Physical ones have a separate list from the digital....but are on a separate server so you can't transfer save. 

Yeah I was meaning play through this game twice. Physical and Digital. It would not be the first time I have done a game this big twice