Best PS4 RPG?

sephiroth70001

Hard to say, since RPGs come in quite a variety of shapes.. but overall, I kind of would guess that it's The Witcher 3 even without playing it.. (I have been wanting to play it, but never found it at a really low price.. still something that I want to play some day).

From what I played, then it's the good old Rogue Galaxy or Valkyria Chronicles.. both classics in their own way.. Transistor was also kind of interesting, but mainly for it's different gameplay (ya, I really like different approaches to the old gameplay standards..).

• Like 2

Is Bloodborne really an RPG?

I mean, sure, you have a character with levelling, weapon upgrading, customisation, etc, but do you really role play

I'd have said that the Soulsborne games were more akin to Metroidvania games - distinct but interlocking locations, an emphasis on exploration and boss-fights, etc - with some RPG elements. 

It falls on the category of an action RPG just fine too imo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game

So maybe an action RPG with a Metroidvania setting?

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

My pick would have to be Valkyria Chronicles. What do you mean that doesn't count because it's a remastered PS3 game!? Fine... The Witcher 3... You happy now!?  :giggle:

Is Bloodborne really an RPG?

I mean, sure, you have a character with levelling, weapon upgrading, customisation, etc, but do you really role play

I'd have said that the Soulsborne games were more akin to Metroidvania games - distinct but interlocking locations, an emphasis on exploration and boss-fights, etc - with some RPG elements. 

Bloodborne is an action RPG, so yes, it is technically an RPG.  :P The Witcher 3 is also classed as an action RPG. Besides, the very definition of an RPG doesn't really make sense as a lot of elements that make up an RPG end up in other games. You can roleplay as the protagonist in pretty much every game. Also you level up, upgrade weapons and have customisation in Call of Duty these days, but does that make it an RPG? Hell no.  :P  

Only problem is, this was originally a PSP game. It was not really made to be played on a PS4.

So... what does it say about quality of PS4 games? :awesome:

My pick would have to be Valkyria Chronicles. What do you mean that doesn't count because it's a remastered PS3 game!? Fine... The Witcher 3... You happy now!?  :giggle:

No, because VC is better :awesome: