Pokémon GO now live in some regions, other regions still awaiting release

SkyesUnholy

Pokemon Go, is compatible with samsung galaxy s3 neo?

Android

•Android 4.4 to Android 6.0.1

(Android N will not supported until the official Android release)

•Preferred resolution of 720×1280 pixels (Not optimized for tablet)

•Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)

•GPS and Location Services

•Intel CPUs are not supported

iOS

iPhone 5+

•iOS 8+

•Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)

•GPS and Location Services

Jailbroken devices are not supported

Servers are pretty overloaded right now it seems... Had great luck with it last night, i caught a diglett, drowzee, kabuto, pidgey, and a ponyta, just to name a few, but so far today the servers have been down almost every time i try to play, and i've only found another pidgey so far.

The evolution system is strange, i've caught a bunch of rattata in an attempt to evolve one into a raticate using rattata candies. Does anyone know if you can find more starters in the wild besides the three when you boot up the game? I reeeeaaaalllly wanna find more squirtle candies so i can evolve my lil buddy.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Yes, you can find starters in the wild. On the main screen you'll see a tab you can click on the bottom right that shows nearby pokemon, from there you'll see what's around. 
I found using the incense being very helpful to finding pokemon because even when I was 'nearby' certain pokemon they didn't ever show themselves to me.

Has been working "pretty" darn good for me in U.S., however don't sign out once you sign in if you can. The servers are so overloaded it can take 50 tries to get back in.

I did get a freeze during a capture though. Try not to move around when the capture animation is happening. As I spun around and that could have caused it.

Verizon

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Servers are pretty overloaded right now it seems... Had great luck with it last night, i caught a diglett, drowzee, kabuto, pidgey, and a ponyta, just to name a few, but so far today the servers have been down almost every time i try to play, and i've only found another pidgey so far.

The evolution system is strange, i've caught a bunch of rattata in an attempt to evolve one into a raticate using rattata candies. Does anyone know if you can find more starters in the wild besides the three when you boot up the game? I reeeeaaaalllly wanna find more squirtle candies so i can evolve my lil buddy.

I am very jealous of your Ponyta admire-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248

I'm going to attempt to get the few gyms in my area tonight. hehehe night raid whip-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

Although i don't even have 1 over 100 cp yet... highest 90 cp

Edited by Dav9834

Good, i'll have to check the lake near me for more squirtles. And a magikarp obviously. There is also a gym over there, and i just turned level 5 so im gonna go for it. What team did you guys choose? I chose the yellow (zapdos) team.

Halfway to lvl 7

Team Mystic (I'm a sucker for blue)

I drove around again(safely this time!! Stopping with blinkers to catch!)

And it helped. However even going slow it knows I'm not walking or the pokemon egg thing is glitchy. It sucks here, the places with gyms are large corporate buildings(ya theres definitely pokemon go players working there) and stopping in a private area is.. Uncomfortable... I still did it, and got my rear end handed to me.

But after all that, I come home, and catch a 350 cp hypno in my kitchen. Go figure.

There's a church nearby, and I think I can claim it(the corporate buildings are never going to be ideal)

There's 2 other gyms, one is private yet again(but closer and doable), and the other in my little town is almost not accessible.

If it was up to me I would have chosen much better places. Parks for example! Novel idea.. But corporate buildings? Cmn now

I have yet to see another starter though : (

Edited by Dav9834

Halfway to lvl 7

Team Mystic (I'm a sucker for blue)

I drove around again(safely this time!! Stopping with blinkers to catch!)

And it helped. However even going slow it knows I'm not walking or the pokemon egg thing is glitchy. It sucks here, the places with gyms are large corporate buildings(ya theres definitely pokemon go players working there) and stopping in a private area is.. Uncomfortable... I still did it, and got my rear end handed to me.

But after all that, I come home, and catch a 350 cp hypno in my kitchen. Go figure.

There's a church nearby, and I think I can claim it(the corporate buildings are never going to be ideal)

There's 2 other gyms, one is private yet again(but closer and doable), and the other in my little town is almost not accessible.

If it was up to me I would have chosen much better places. Parks for example! Novel idea.. But corporate buildings? Cmn now

I have yet to see another starter though : (

That's a bummer, the nearest gym to me actually IS a park lol, but it's currently being held by a guy with a CP 444 pidgeot so that's scary. I've found a couple of strange gyms at corporate buildings, parks, resteraunts, strip malls, and one was even on a musical venue, so hopefully you find some better ones to claim as your own :)

And ya, if you figure out the egg thing let me know cuz i was hoping i could just leave the app open while i drove to work but that didn't do anything.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

That's a bummer, the nearest gym to me actually IS a park lol, but it's currently being held by a guy with a CP 444 pidgeot so that's scary. I've found a couple of strange gyms at corporate buildings, parks, resteraunts, strip malls, and one was even on a musical venue, so hopefully you find some better ones to claim as your own :)

And ya, if you figure out the egg thing let me know cuz i was hoping i could just leave the app open while i drove to work but that didn't do anything.

Yup I checked, it uses blth the gyroscope and gps to see if you're walking. And it keeps track of how fast you go(no rollerblading for me :( ). So there's no way around it. Sucky part? I went for a 4 mile walk today with the dog, but the servers were giving me issues with logging in that only 1/8th of the trip got recorded ughh. Restarting the phone seems to help. But ugh. Remember once you're in, do everything in your power to stay in! Even if it's glitching up! (aside from app freezes)

Also no worries about high data usage, probably 12+ hours with the app open and it registered only .08GB. Safe to say it won't be an issue. I don't think.

• Like 2

Just installed it. Going to go for a bikeride soon before work to hopefully catch some pokémons :D

It's crazy how many people are already playing it even though it's not even officially out here yet. Even my boss was talking about it yesterday.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

Is the game worth it so far? I'm just sitting here waiting for Sun and Moon in November. 

I actually find it pretty fun, and even gave incentive for introverts like me to go outside more often. It's free, so you might as well give it a crack. Not going to lose anything doing so. :P

It's even more fun when you don't live in a Pallet Town like area like I do. All I have around my house is Rattatas/Pidgeys/Spearows and Zubats. Feelsbad

I actually find it pretty fun, and even gave incentive for introverts like me to go outside more often. It's free, so you might as well give it a crack. Not going to lose anything doing so. :P

It's even more fun when you don't live in a Pallet Town like area like I do. All I have around my house is Rattatas/Pidgeys/Spearows and Zubats. Feelsbad

Now I'm scared that Spearows and Zubats will be living in my house I'm more of a Growlithe guy you know.