Deep Silver to publish Persona 5 in Europe, and other Atlus titles

Venocide

Saints Row publisher Deep Silver is bringing Persona 5 to Europe.

Deep Silver has signed a publishing agreement with SEGA to bring Atlus' long-awaited JRPG to the region, as well as a few other titles, including 7th Dragon III: Code VFD and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, which will be available both digitally and at retail.

"In entering this partnership with Deep Silver, I am truly delighted we will be able to release our titles in the European regions," Atlus USA CEO and SEGA of America senior VP of publishing Naoto Hiraoka said in a statement.

In a separate statement, Atlus acknowledged the rough relationship the company has had with Europe previously, saying, "I know we haven't always gotten along together, but that's the past," adding, "We're looking toward the future. And it's a bright one."

Finally... I doubt we'll get it the same week as NA (fingers crossed we do) but I hope we don't have to wait too long. 
Edited by Venocide
  • Like 2

Here's hoping the release won't be delayed, that would save me some import fees.

In a separate statement, Atlus acknowledged the rough relationship the company has had with Europe previously, saying, "I know we haven't always gotten along together, but that's the past," adding, "We're looking toward the future. And it's a bright one."

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 2

Just gotta get through P4 in time!

But yeah, having now played P4 and joined the Persona fan club, this news was a relief.

In the meantime you can play Persona 4 Dancing All Night, which happens after the Golden Epilogue.

I don't really see what could go wrong. They're just publishing it, they don't really have anything to do with the quality of the game so.

^This. I don't see why people assume the Persona series are finished.

• Like 1

I don't really see what could go wrong. They're just publishing it, they don't really have anything to do with the quality of the game so.

Deep Silver do whatever they want and they've done a lot of BS moves. In general, they're just a really shitty publisher, probably one of the worst out there.

I can almost guarantee we're gonna get another "prom night" trailer for Persona from them. And while trailers don't mean anything and the game will be spoiled to shit by the time we get it anyway,  still ... I'd rather let EA Sports publish it than Deep Silver.

Deep Silver do whatever they want and they've done a lot of BS moves. In general, they're just a really shitty publisher, probably one of the worst out there.

I can almost guarantee we're gonna get another "prom night" trailer for Persona from them. And while trailers don't mean anything and the game will be spoiled to shit by the time we get it anyway,  still ... I'd rather let EA Sports publish it than Deep Silver.

That's complete and utter bullshit, Atlus won't let them touch the game you can be sure about that. 

That's complete and utter bullshit, Atlus won't let them touch the game you can be sure about that. 

Not really Atlus' choice anymore, more SEGA's choice, since they own them and SEGA are flimsy as hell with their own franchises, god knows what'll happen to someone elses.

Care to elaborate? 

That "prom night" trailer, all Deep Silver, not the devs.

Charging customers for a difficulty mode in Metro.

Just taking Dead Island away from Techland even though they are what made the franchise successful in the first place.

Releasing Homefront: The Revolution and it being just plain broken.

Thinking this is in any way a good idea ... 

18bkt1bq6ld6gjpg.jpg

Deep Silver?

Seems a little odd, aren't they more known for publishing games like Saints Row, Dead Island, and Ride to Hell?

Ya, but they already worked with Atlus in the past.. and LetsTurnJu-On seems to be oblivious to it too..

Deep Silver were the guys that published Catherine in EU, and as far as I'm aware nothing bad came of it.. so why would something bad happen with them publishing Persona 5 in EU?

• Like 2

Not really Atlus' choice anymore, more SEGA's choice, since they own them and SEGA are flimsy as hell with their own franchises, god knows what'll happen to someone elses.

Incorrect, yes SEGA may own Atlus but SEGA doesn't get involved with the games itself much like deep silver they are just the publisher of Atlus. The final word still rests with Atlus, SEGA may put in some vetos from time to time but SEGA can't change things to the game without the approval of Atlus. Btw I'm sure that Atlus will be testing the published Deep Silver version before it goes live and if something is up to standards it will be changed.

• Like 1

Incorrect, yes SEGA may own Atlus but SEGA doesn't get involved with the games itself much like deep silver they are just the publisher of Atlus. The final word still rests with Atlus, SEGA may put in some vetos from time to time but SEGA can't change things to the game without the approval of Atlus. Btw I'm sure that Atlus will be testing the published Deep Silver version before it goes live and if something is up to standards it will be changed.

Maybe that's true, but with all the current shitty practices publishers and devs are tryna pull off nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me if SEGA really are messing with the game in some fashion. It's not like they're gonna announce to the world that they'll only publish games in their vision

Ya, but they already worked with Atlus in the past.. and LetsTurnJu-On seems to be oblivious to it too..

Deep Silver were the guys that published Catherine in EU, and as far as I'm aware nothing bad came of it.. so why would something bad happen with them publishing Persona 5 in EU?

Well I didn't know that cos I didn't play it. I've just lost faith in a lot of devs and publishers with all the bullshit they're tryna pull in the gaming industry. I'll believe it's good and they didn't screw with it, when I see it.

1.That "prom night" trailer, all Deep Silver, not the devs.

2.Charging customers for a difficulty mode in Metro.

3.Just taking Dead Island away from Techland even though they are what made the franchise successful in the first place.

4.Releasing Homefront: The Revolution and it being just plain broken.

1. I still don't get what you mean with this "prom night"

2. No way Atlus would allow that

3. See above

4. It's Atlus JP job to make the game playable, Deep Silver won't have anything to do with this

Man. they are only PUBLISHING the game here. The only thing that could go wrong is a release months after US (which will likely happen)

Edited by Rollers23

He's referring to the Mighty No. 9 trailer.

As far as the rest, who knows. He pretty much admits he's just being prejudiced against them because of what other devs have done.

I've purchased several games published by Deep Silver and never really had any problems. Any that did have problems were the dev's fault, not the publishers.

Edited by BooneIronshield

2. No way Atlus would allow that

3. See above

4. It's Atlus JP job to make the game playable, Deep Silver won't have anything to do with this

Man. they are only PUBLISHING the game here. The only thing that could go wrong is a release months after US (which will likely happen)

Well Syndicate and that guy that can't spell Martin only FOUND that website. Sure it's different people, but it's worrying that Deep Silver out of all the publishers available get it. Coulda given it to any other more reputable publisher.

Deep Silver?

guess they trying to cleanse their name from the horrible No. 9 and homefront: the revolution, by publishing Persona 5.

I hope they don't go freaking square enix and lock the ps3 version in Japan and only localized and release ps4 version over sea, and give a ridiculous excuse about it like what's happened to SO5 ( ps3 ).

I know that SO5 got mostly very average to unfavorable reviews on both systems, got 5/10 the most but I still wanna play it, I hope i'll get a ps4 soon.