Do you ever feel there's no hope?

DARKB1KE

I am just overwhelmed by the number of games being released right now. There is no way to catch up when trophy hunting.

So many of these games have online portions to trophies... and usually it's such a hassle to find players and get these trophies done. Dealing with no-shows, people who arrive late, people who don't know how to use a mic, etc....

The second biggest worry I have about multiplayer is that servers will shut down and these trophies will be unobtainable... so that leaves me wanting to get them done fast as well.

I am just exhausted I guess.
Tired of multiplayer trophies in general... should not exist.

• Like 1

Every single day. Life's shit mate.

*reads the actual thread*

Oh trophies? Just play single player games, ya know the good ones and you'll be fine.

I just have to love how your signature completely matches your post. xD

And same, came here expecting something entirely different.  Also, about mic issue, not everyone likes uses a mic and they are hardly required.

• Like 4

Every single day. Life's shit mate.

*reads the actual thread*

Oh trophies? Just play single player games, ya know the good ones and you'll be fine.

Yeah but you can't get a plat without completing the online portion of the trophies.  Kinda defeats the whole purpose. 

Also, about mic issue, not everyone likes uses a mic and they are hardly required.

Not usually, but in most cases are more efficient for coordinating.  Gotta love when somebody is chewing or has babies in the backgrounds...

Edited by DARKB1KE

I always believe there is hope honestly. After getting through 50 or so PS3 games with online trophies and have more to do, you just have to stay at it. In the past things didn't go my way and it's frustrating at times but there's always people who will help you out. I missed out on a few games in which the servers closed and that was my fault but on PS4 I learned to not make the same mistake again.

Edited by J2V_89
  • Like 1

I'm familiar with the struggle. Way too many games in the backlog, and the stress is only amplified since most of them have online trophies that will one day wind up unobtainable.

And let's not forget about the games that abruptly shut down without any warning, like NFS The Run. Fuck you EA.

Edited by GIONAScm2

I half expected a discussion on Faith and the struggle of humanity's loosing grasp on Hope as well.

I think MP trophies are fine. So what if they are a bit tough, if you truly want the trophy you can end up with it sooner or later. That or just study a game before you play it, if the MP seems too eh. Then skip it or play it on a alt account.

• Like 2

I half expected a discussion on Faith and the struggle of humanity's loosing grasp on Hope as well.

As did I. :lol:

What I do with games with MP is finish the SP mode first, and maybe I'll come back to the online. But I won't do it if I just really don't feel like it. Just play to have fun, and if online trophies aren't part of that, then feel free to just not go for them.

• Like 3

A fine first world problem, indeed.

Good thing I'm a single-player kind of guy. (Except maybe where games have online components seamlessly integrated in the single player experience.)

----------------

You know what? Let's talk about something else here for a moment. I'm contemplative.

Sometimes I do think about... this hopelessness. About trophies. I look at my log and ask myself: where does it end? I mean, I really like when I 100% something, but do I have a long term goal here? Is there a moment in my trophy hunting career when I just sit back, look at my profile, and say: yes, it's done, it's beautiful? Is being country #1 such a thing? Is being world #1? I look at #1's profiles, and it's always messy. It's not beautiful. So there's my answer: I don't have any long term goals.

Then why, oh why do I even bother checking every damned day, updating my profile, tending to it like a garden, like a frickin' Farmville game, maintaining a steady income of trophies, balancing my completion ratio, making sure I get a platinum now and then... I mean really, where does it end? Why do I do this?

And yes, the answer is simple, because I fucking enjoy it, I conditioned myself to enjoy it, to be extra attentive to trophies, but... it's just sometimes so depressing, because usually I'm a creative and productive person, yet I see all that time gaming, and if it were only that, but the time I spend looking at trophy guides and being anxious about missables, it just really exhausting and demoralizing.

Uh... yeah, there's that.

Back to the game.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

a55.png

I got to admit, the title of the thread really made me dread looking in it. I was about to say something optimistic and uplifting but at the same time I'm glad I didn't have to.

I kind of stopped caring about MP trophies if I couldn't help it, like with Street Fighter V since fighting games aren't my forte. But if there's co-op stuff then I at least try to get them as soon as possible, or try not to get so many games that have them. There are some games I kind of wish I could go back and get but the servers are shut down. It doesn't bother me that much since there's nothing I could really do about it.

I see your point but I dont think online trophies will ever dissapear as completionists trophy hunters are a very small part of all gamers and companies dont care about us -_- Things doesnt look so pessimistic as you say in my opinion, if you try hard you can get those online trophies on time, organising boosting sessions requires patience  ;) I recomend you to focus on older games first then instead of playing on ps4 at all if you dont want to be catched of guard with server closure. I think boosting is fun (I may be actually one of the few people on the entire PSN to say it thou :awesome:) seeing some other determined people who really want to get MP trophies done is making me even more determined as well.

...and usually it's such a hassle to find players and get these trophies done. Dealing with no-shows, people who arrive late, people who don't know how to use a mic, etc....

I m a pretty solid and serious booster myself yet you deleted me from PSN I remember :PxD about mics I see hardly any sessions where people are using them. Its very optional to even have one imo, for oldschool trophy boosters PS3 chat is perfect to comunicate. I would prefer it over PS app.

Answering thread question: There is always hope if you try hard enough!  ^_^

I was about to say something optimistic and uplifting but at the same time I'm glad I didn't have to.

I just did it on your behalf :D

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742
  • Like 2

I m a pretty solid and serious booster myself yet you deleted me from PSN I remember :PxD about mics I see hardly any sessions where people are using them. Its very optional to even have one imo, for oldschool trophy boosters PS3 chat is perfect to comunicate. I would prefer it over PS app.

I keep my friend list minimal and add people as I join a boost session and delete them once we are done the game.  Nothing personal.  If we are ever in another session together I'll readd you. 

I've experienced many games that screw up the PS3 and require under 100 friends to work properly to join matches. 

Mics are for games that require more than 16 players (the max that a ps3 chatroom can occupy).

Currently, Battlefield BFBC 1 requires communication because it is a hellish grind with many randoms.  You need to be precise and fast and require coordination to meet up on the battlefield and get awards done before someone ruins your day.

Texting is too slow for this.

Now, the second issue is that you now have 24 players on mics... with screaming kids in the background, chewing loudly, playing extremely loud TV's in the background, coughing, hitting their mic, etc...

Anybody that's remotely intelligent or courteous knows that you should lower external sounds from your mic so that others cant hear it.  Turn down the TV, mute your mic if you have to cough... very basic common sense here.

After 4hrs of a session it just hurts my ears.

So yeah, combined with noshows, I'm not feeling great about boosting trophies lately..

I did actually have a great session today and we had a good time.  I want more of these, it actually gave me hope for the human race. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

I keep my friend list minimal and add people as I join a boost session and delete them once we are done the game.  Nothing personal.  If we are ever in another session together I'll readd you. 

I've experienced many games that screw up the PS3 and require under 100 friends to work properly to join matches.

No problem, I completely agree and also trying to keep it to minimal, leaving only serious trophy hunters and some nice friends.

I did actually have a great session today and we had a good time.  I want more of these, it actually gave me hope for the human race. 

Nice to hear that.

Have the same feeling Dark but we just need to do one game at a time :D

I also do the friend list clean up as well. I like to keep my list tidy if I can but will always keep those that I boost with or play a lot of games with ;)

Thought of this gif when it comes to the amount of games to trophy 

giphy.gif

Edited by ruffedgz
  • Like 1

No, there is definitely hope. I have way too many games and therefore rarely go for trophies once I've finished a game. I usually avoid online trophies all together, I just don't see the point unless you enjoy the game in multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...