Helldivers Gala(c)tic Campaign -NOT- dead

DaivRules

This is a pointless and vague thread. This doesn't provide any helpful information as to why the galactic campaign isn't dead and why people shouldn't be apprehensive about those trophies. It seems you were more focused on making a snarky retort to the thread that says it is dead instead of making a thread that is helpful in explaining why it isn't dead to those  who are wary about them

I thought the first part of my quote below was just as good an explanation as to why it's -not- dead as the thread you mentioned explained why they're impossible, but I went ahead and added some more explanation to make the post less pointless and vague.

The other thread title is enough to turn people off from even trying the game, thus causing exactly what the other thread creator was complaining about - less people are playing. I wanted to make sure there was a balance for the bad information because the game is not dead and the most recent thread for the game shouldn't be that it is. That alone made this thread not pointless.

It'll take you WAY longer to get to 100k kills and there will no doubt be at least one successful campaign in the mean time.

The game balances over time so that when less players are playing and lose, the overall war becomes easier. A massive influx of players would make the game more difficult on the subsequent war, as well. This way the game provides appropriate challenge to the current number of players each war.

A drop in players would only make the war temporarily more difficult. Once that war is lost, the next war WILL be easier and achieveable, making both trophies obtainable and not impossible forever.

Edited by DaivRules

If the other guy wasn't willing to change the topic of his thread for x or y reasons, you could have asked a mod to edit the topic instead.

However, this thread is also not completely vague imo, particularly the info about the wars.

I disagree with the 100k kills though. If you use the method of leaving your Ps3 overnight with the vehicle rotating, it will take you anywhere between 4-7 days if done correctly (investing from 5-8 hours), and for a galactic campaign to be lost can take at least a month depending on how people fare. Remember the game got himself on a stalemate for weeks on the war months ago, and it wasn't necessarily quick to get out of it.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

despite the name of my thread i talked about not just my own difficulties in obtaining said trophies but of other players as well even if they don´t know about this forum or not , i don´t think i was part of the problem but a part of the solution , as all the buzz generated helped all that were still reluctant in picking up the game that relies on online community efforts to win trophies. Btw i like your thread title.

I thought the first part of my quote below was just as good an explanation as to why it's -not- dead as the thread you mentioned explained why they're impossible, but I went ahead and added some more explanation to make the post less pointless and vague.

The other thread title is enough to turn people off from even trying the game, thus causing exactly what the other thread creator was complaining about - less people are playing. I wanted to make sure there was a balance for the bad information because the game is not dead and the most recent thread for the game shouldn't be that it is. That alone made this thread not pointless.

No that wasn't enough and that statement isn't even a fact, it can be longer depending on when you get in on the war but that isn't definitive though. Yeah the other thread's title can turn people off but the original information on this thread didn't balance it out as it didn't provide helpful informatin explaining why it isn't dead.

If the other guy wasn't willing to change the topic of his thread for x or y reasons, you could have asked a mod to edit the topic instead.

However, this thread is also not completely vague imo, particularly the info about the wars.

I disagree with the 100k kills though. If you use the method of leaving your Ps3 overnight with the vehicle rotating, it will take you anywhere between 4-7 days if done correctly (investing from 5-8 hours), and for a galactic campaign to be lost can take at least a month depending on how people fare. Remember the game got himself on a stalemate for weeks on the war months ago, and it wasn't necessarily quick to get out of it.

Not sure what info you are considering not completely vague but everything under the little paragraph that begins with Don't be in bold was added after my post. In my opinion all the original information before the added info was vague as it didn't let people know why the galactic campaign isn't dead

Not sure what info you are considering not completely vague but everything under the little paragraph that begins with Don't be in bold was added after my post. In my opinion all the original information before the added info was vague as it didn't let people know why the galactic campaign isn't dead

I see, I was mostly talking about the current info, but thanks for clarifying.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

No that wasn't enough and that statement isn't even a fact, it can be longer depending on when you get in on the war but that isn't definitive though. Yeah the other thread's title can turn people off but the original information on this thread didn't balance it out as it didn't provide helpful informatin explaining why it isn't dead.

You are correct, it's not a fact. But if we were only allowed to post absolute and definitive facts around here, I'm afraid there really wouldn't be much to read.

It takes about 20-56 hours of game time (according to Ra) once you have obtained a vehicle to do the automated killing. My post implied if you played normally and spread out those kills, there will likely be a war won while playing normally. The last war took 18 days to win. It's quite conceivable to spend 20-56 hours (for 100k kills), *plus* the time to obtain the vehicle *as well as* the time for all the other trophies in the game over three weeks while another war is won.

I didn't write a guide nor promise an exact method, I was merely trying to get some good info out there to counter bad info.

You are correct, it's not a fact. But if we were only allowed to post absolute and definitive facts around here, I'm afraid there really wouldn't be much to read.

It takes about 20-56 hours of game time (according to Ra) once you have obtained a vehicle to do the automated killing. My post implied if you played normally and spread out those kills, there will likely be a war won while playing normally. The last war took 18 days to win. It's quite conceivable to spend 20-56 hours (for 100k kills), *plus* the time to obtain the vehicle *as well as* the time for all the other trophies in the game over three weeks while another war is won.

I didn't write a guide nor promise an exact method, I was merely trying to get some good info out there to counter bad info.

lol what a ridiculous thing to say. I'm not saying that every post around here has to be a definitive fact BUT if you are making a thread that is suppose to help people and type a statement as a fact (you say that there is no doubt the galactic campaign will be won before you get the 100k kills) and people read it as fact then find out it isn't fact that info only hurts people. Statements like that should be fact when typed as such otherwise don't say it so factually 

I understand what you are saying the premise of the thread is my issue is that the original execution before the edit was horrid and didn't go with what the intended premise was and as I said seem to be more of a retort to belittle the other thread instead of actually trying to balance out the info

Also the 18 days was the time between when we lost the previous war and the time the war was won, the last successful campaign before the last one from what I was told was back in March so even playing normally you could more than likely get the 100k kills in that time span

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods

The Developers follow closely to what is happening in their game. As a result, influence is tweaked accordingly based on how the community performed on past wars. These online trophies will always be obtainable until they shut off the servers. The game was at a sub 1k player base about a month ago. Now at around 2k. The jump was only a result of trophy hunters getting these trophies after the influence tweak being my guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't be. It'll take you WAY longer to get to 100k kills and there will no doubt be at least one successful campaign in the mean time. People who want to complain about the above two trophies being hard/impossible to get tend to ignore the fact they're still missing the trophy that's going to take the longest and are just complaining to complain.

This is misleading. I earned the DLC trophy for fully upgrading all strategems (a trophy more time consuming than earning 100k kills) before a war was won. It took about 4 months from winning one war to winning the next one.

If someone wants to enjoy this game without worrying about those two trophies, I'd advise them to wait until a war is close to being won to start the game. The community is terrible and unreliable. Waiting a few months for a trophy that's out of your control really makes a person start to hate a game.