AGDQ Coda Run 18:48

Vergil

Looks nuts!

It's nuts. It's one of the hardest, most unforgiving 1CC run I've ever seen. That purple guy is named Coda and combines three characters into one. The speed of the song has been doubled, you die when you lose your multiplier (Either you miss one beat, hit the wrong wall or get grabbed by a monkey etc), every enemy can insta-kill you and you instantly die from picking up any gold.

What makes this game specifically hard is keeping the beat up. If you either press a bit too fast, or too slow you'll die. If you miss just one single beat you'll die. Even sneezing in real life can result into insta death on this character. Happened to me a few times. Especially keeping the beat up with Death Metal. Death Metal is a boss fight with the fastest song in the game. On your video it's on the 30th minute of the video. I mentioned that missing just one beat kills you, right? Now try to keep that up with a song of 350 Beats Per Minute. It's really cruel and unforgiving.

That guy in the video is Spootybisquit, the best Coda player in the world. He completed Coda three times in a row without dying. Now that's insane. I've spoken to him numerous times on twitch and he gave me a few tips and strategies which were really helpful. 

Just to get the perspective in, at the moment only 15 people in the world have completed that run. 

It's very difficult.

You will hate yourself for trying to finish this game.

Still waiting for you to get it done..  :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Another player managed to be the first to complete the all characters mode with all being played in double tempo without a TAS

DL also cleared coda with the lambda custom mod which is much more impressive since you have to do some crazy movement to keep the lamb alive.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto
  • Like 1