Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fr33d_DARkN3ss

Anyone else enjoying this game?

6 posts in this topic

This game gets alot of hate. Was just curious about everyone else's views/opinions of it. I'm enjoying it:)

I haven't played it, though I do plan to, but the dev's games always get a lot of hate. They're not the most polished but I don't go in expecting AAA quality either and have always enjoyed them so far.

i'm not that far into it, but at least i don't dislike it yet ;)

i basically just gave this a chance, because i really liked bound by flame (same dev), which also got a lot of hate or at least very mixed critics.

the combat seems really similar and even the trophies remind me of bound by flame.

the latest patch fixed a "item duplication exploit", which means the unpatched version could be beneficial for the "hardest difficulty" trophy. 

the combat is a little bit difficult in the beginning, especially when you think you can just button mash to victory :P

btw, i guess i will mainly play rogue (also like in bound by flame), with a little bit of "magic" from the technomancer tree here and there.

what did you guys choose? any build tips so far?

Not that far in, still on chapter 1, doing side quests and trying to get the hang of the mix of karma and faction point system happening.

Going more for the experience than trophies at this point. Interested to see how choices u make affect the outcome.

But u read the trophy list, seems u can romance a dude? :')

Going with a technomancer/guardian build with some traps if I can predict/assume the path the enemies will take. Will probably switch it up depending on the situation but tbh that shield is a life saver until I get the hang of the mechanics.

@dernop I dunno if u found it though but there is a pretty good pistol in the locker room of the quartermaster (behind the locked gate that's behind him)

Got this game yesterday for a bargain at £10 used. I really liked the look of this game before it's launch but then the reviews came in and it put me off a little.

Now having played it for several hours I'm really enjoying it, it's addictive like a good rpg and I think it's lack of polish in some areas make it feel original, oddly.

Personally I think people who like the look of it shouldn't be put off by the reviews and give it a try.

As for my game I'm playing mostly as warrior (staff) because most fights includes multiple enemies and for bosses and lone enemies I've been using the guardian.

Edited by ANTIOX_