Favorite PC Game(s)?

Maxximum

I tried searching for a similar topic, but couldn't find one. If there is, then go ahead and lock this up.

My favorite PC game(s):

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
  • FIFA 14
  • The Sims 4

How about you?

• Like 2

The only games I really play on PC are the Civilization series (have played all since 3, actually still own civ 2 on the ps1).  I even just bought a new computer to specifically be able to handle civ 6 when it comes out.

I'm going to make myself feel extremely old right now, but I haven't played any PC games since the late 90's. That said, one of my favorite PC games was FIFA Road to World Cup '98, and to date, it's the only title in the FIFA series (that I know of) that had an indoor stadium. Another, which probably no one here has heard of (and if you have, I'm thoroughly surprised), is Jane's Fighters Anthology, a jet fighter sim where you could fly practically any fighter jet from the Vietnam War through the late 90's, you could create your own missions, play pre-designed missions or do campaigns where you could fly F-4 Phantoms during Vietnam or fly F-22 Raptors in futuristic wars, etc. Sadly, I think the Jane's company went under and is no more, but the games they released in the late 90's were gold.

Edited by Pirelli913

Old titles : Road Rash, VCop, Claw, Doom

Newer titles : The Forest, Dead By Daylight, H1Z1, Cards Against Humanity, The Culling.

I haven't played the newer titles on my PC 'cos I just have a standard laptop, played 'em at my friends place. Really fun games to play with friends.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II

Planescape: Torment

Fallout and Fallout 2

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3

Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance

Descent: FreeSpace and FreeSpace 2

God, I'm old... lol

Technobabylon to name something current.

Kudos for the inclusion of the Heroes of Might and Magic games.  Loved 3 in particular.  I haven't played many recent PC games but it was my system of choice in the mid-90's.  My favorites would be (HoMMIII notwithstanding):

-Betrayal at Krondor

-Diablo II

-Doom II

-Warcraft II

-King's Quest VI

-Ultima Underworld

-Might and Magic IV

-Realms of Arkania III

-Lands of Lore

For something recent, I have to go with Hearthstone.  So addictive.

• Like 2

For me, PC is to play RTS and Building games ahah so, top 5 favorite computer games (by no specific order):

- Prison Architect (2015)

- Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor (2009)

- Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour (2004)

- Cities: Skylines (2015)

- Theme Park World (1999) (A lost gem, it's sooo outdated by today's standards, but I love this game so much, both on PC and on PS1, the music, the colours, such an epic game by Bullfrog :D

Favorites I grew up playing.

1. Warcraft

2. Starcraft

3. Age of Empires

4. Final Fantasy XI

5. World of Warcraft

6. Final Fantasy XIV

Edit: oops forgot about

0. Everquest

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 will stay forever as my favorite PC game.

I think I would accumulate over 1000 hours of that game if I were to count.

Number 2 will be... Dune 2 and Dune 2000. Not as much as HOMAM 2 but I definitely burned hundreds of hours with Dune.

And the last to finish the top 3, Unreal Tournament. I still have vivid memories of playing with my classmates in the class =D

Oh well, here I thought it would be RTS-only.

Fun fact, both genres are something I don't play on consoles =D

I tried searching for a similar topic, but couldn't find one. If there is, then go ahead and lock this up.

My favorite PC game(s):

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
  • FIFA 14
  • The Sims 4

How about you?

I would ask why you play them on PC when they are available on consoles but... okay :D

Kudos for the inclusion of the Heroes of Might and Magic games.  

Who doesn't include HOMAM must have had no childhood :D

• Like 3

Kudos for the inclusion of the Heroes of Might and Magic games.  

Who doesn't include HOMAM must have had no childhood :D

I probably should also have included HOMAM II and III since I dig out the discs a month or two ago to install them on my new PC, however, the first thing I did and always do is install Civ IV.

Now to get Heroes II and III installed on my 8" windows 10 tablet. I'm up for the challenge!

Not in any particular order:

Doom 

Doom 2

Quake

The Ship

Team Fortress 2

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Killing Floor

Risk of Rain

No More Room in Hell

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC (and SC)

Ys Origin

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

• Like 3

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic        ,a truely legendary game!  

The only game i completed 10+ times and my favorite game to this day.

I wish they made a PS4 version with trophy support, i would play it again. :lol: 

• Like 2

Midtown Madness 2.

Just over 12 years ago this was massive online, I used to play on average 5 hours per evening.

For those who don't know Midtown Madness 2 was a Microsoft game which was free to play on Microsoft servers, it was a driving game with different modes including, racing, cruise and my (and most other peoples) favourite was a kind of capture the flag, but with a randomnly placed piece of gold on a large map of either London or San Francisco which you had to drive over and deliver whilst avoiding getting hit and having the gold stolen away from you, it would often get very frantic and extremely competitive.

The lobbies were usually always full and each room held upto 8 people in either FFA or team events.

Online knockout tournaments were regular and I participated in around 180 of these over a long period of time with each one lasting an evening.

I was world ranked #1 for well over a year, I won 122 tournaments in total aswell as prizes dontated by Microsoft themselves.

Perhaps most rewarding was that I made some very good friends as a result of playing MM2 including a guy from Chicago and also another from Norway, whom both came to my house in England just to meet me, Steve from Chicago ended up coming 3 times in total... we remain good buddies to this very day.

All of that was only possible because of online gaming and I am eternally indebted to it (and Microsoft).

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 1