Favorite PC Game(s)?

Maxximum

Morrowind -  I think it's still the best open world game, at least as far as sense of exploration goes. The game is fundamentally different from any modern open world game, since it wasn't designed around GPS and people having magical smart devices in medieval fantasy games, but more about the player paying attention to landmarks, roadsigns and quest journal directions. It's basically the difference between "go to X" and "find X".

Heroes of Might & Magic III - I usually play Complete or HotA these days. It's the perfect TBS-game. Easy to learn, slightly harder to get good at. There are the modern ones too, but imo the 3D graphics don't add anything positive to the core games. Easy to lose an entire day on a map or two.

Edited by mecharobot

• 1 month later...

I loved Transport Tycoon in the late 90s and poured many hours into it. Then took a break from gaming from 2004-2014, finished studies, got a job, got married, then bought a PS4 in 2014 and enjoying it ever since (and upgraded to PS4 Pro and supplemented with a Vita). I am now considering buying Railroad Empire just to remind myself of all the fun I had with TT.

I recently got my first serious PC so I haven't played PC games in a very long time but I play a lot of Overwatch right now. 

For older games, I really enjoyed all the Sonic games, The Sims 2/3 and the original Zoo Tycoon, those were the days :P 

• Like 1

Lords of the Realm II

DEFCON

Sim Tower

The Journeyman Project

The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time

Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Castle in the Darkness

Offspring Fling

Eldritch

Royals

I don’t really like playing on PC much anymore, but I still buy the occasional exclusive on GOG or itch if my Mac or partner’s PC can run it.

Edited by Zondares

On 3/12/2016 at 0:58 AM, danceflick said:

Ps2 Emulator 

Dis.

Joking aside, maybe The Sims 3 with expansions. I'm not a PC gamer, I may find a game cheaper on PC but I will still buy it on console if I don't a valid reason to buy it on PC. For example games that you can't undub because you can't hack a PS4, or games where you want mods.

I really enjoyed a nice little indie called Rimworld and I've put hundreds of hours into Cities:Skylines which imo is a much better experience on PC due to the steam workshop.

Actually I was fond of Darkest Dungeon on PC as well, long before it was out on PlayStation.

Every couple of years or so I'll buy Football Manager 'coz I love me some spruced up spreadsheet action.

Back in the days Age of Mythology/Age of Empires was the sh*t.

I'd like to give a special mention to Theme Park Hospital which was the first non-Windows PC game I ever played and remember enjoying it for hours on end.

Edited by Zolkovo

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely play on PC anymore so I'm gonna have to reach into my nostalgia bag for this one. Sim City 3000 definitely, I played it so much I'd get to the point where I didn't need taxes to make a profit after a certain amount of time, of course the residents would complain that zero taxes were still too high, so at the point I'd turn disasters on to wreck the place and start a new game. Rollercoaster Tycoon is another one, I used to make two separate saves, one was my sort of sensible one, the other was where I'd build deathtraps and place toilets on extremely high, elevated platforms so they'd trudge up there only to find I was charging five bucks to take a piss, so they had to turn around and go alllllll the way back down. 

Theme Hospital. One of my favourite things to do was build radiator mazes to each of the rooms and turn the heating all the way up. The one vending machine I'd place in there was the most popular place in the hospital. Championship Manager was pretty good too. If you don't know what that is it's a football management simulator. Aside from my proper save I'd often mess around. I'd manage a team with plenty of money to spend like Manchester United or Real Madrid and buy really shit players, then put no one in goal so we'd lose 40 or 50 - 0 every match. I once had a game where the objective was to destroy Lionel Messi's career by not training or playing him, by the end of three seasons he was an unrecoverable shell of the player he was once. 

More recently I had a short spell where I was addicted to Tropico, To the Moon was really good too. Euro Truck Simulator is something I still play on occasion, I'll throw the ingame radio on and spend a couple of hours driving to Slovakia or wherever. I should probably have another look around the steam store soon, I don't think I've played anything on there since sometime in January. I'm finding it hard to get motivated about PC gaming, I have a hard time finding anything I like that isn't available on PS4 in amongst some of the shit that gets greenlighted. These days if I want to relax after a long platinum, I'll buy a cheap quick game on PS4 rather than playing something on Steam like I used to. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My favorite PC games are:

1. Army Men II (1999)
  2. Diablo II (2000)
  3. Battle Realms (2001)
  4. Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive (2001)
  5. Three Kingdoms: Fate of the Dragon (2001)
  6. Army Men: RTS (2002)
  7. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (2002)
  8. Prince of Qin (2002)
  9. Age of Mythology (2003)
  10. American Conquest (2003)
  11. Praetorians (2003)
  12. Company of Heroes (2006)
  13. Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War (2006)
  14. The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II (2006)
  15. Total War: Shogun 2 (2011)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm sure I'm forgetting some games, but here's some of my all time favorites:

- Civilization series

- SimCity, SimCity 2000 and SimCity 3000

- Wing Commander series

- Fallout 2

- Doom (1993)

- Wolfenstein 3D

- Mass Effect

- Dragon Age