Current Status of Servers in 2016?

doberu_

I've owned this game for years and played it regularly on my old account back in the day, but as of now on my newly created account my goal is to platinum every game I play. Before I waste time and effort into this game I would like to know the current status of the online servers. As usual, the game has many online-specific trophies. Does anyone know if they are still active? I haven't seen many Gaming Sessions for vanilla SFIV, only Super and Ultra.

Also, if anyone is trying to do the same feel free to keep in touch with me so we can set up a boosting session. Thanks! 

Servers are fine last I checked a few months ago. I was able to do 90% of the online stuff legit.

Edit: I just checked. I plat it in less than 2 weeks in January of this year.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. It's my goal to Platinum all three versions of SFIV starting with vanilla. Glad to know I could even do it legitimately, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Are servers still alive in 2021 and do Capcom have a habit of announcing shutdown in their games? And how much hours is needed to get all online trophies? Maybe i start this one day, would love to do this game just dont know how much effort is needed for online given the situation this is 12 years old game.

50 minutes ago, crowizard said:

Are servers still alive in 2021 and do Capcom have a habit of announcing shutdown in their games? And how much hours is needed to get all online trophies? Maybe i start this one day, would love to do this game just dont know how much effort is needed for online given the situation this is 12 years old game.

I really think Capcom has yet to even close a server for their games. Street Fighter 4, Marvel vs. Capcom 3... both are pretty old and still running even though there have been multiple new versions of SF4 afterwards.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game is a P2P game, which means that as long as there is another console/player and an internet connection on both of your ends there will be online matches. You and the other console kinda act as servers while Capcom only manages the matching. This is not comparable to huge ass servers which need high maintenance. That's also the reason why they are still up. Capcom has nothing to do there and it doesn't cost them anything ?. Or at least, very little.

• Like 1