Game Titles Needing Edited

Go to solution Solved by BlindMango,

• 3 weeks later...

I already had some of the newer games you have here written down like COTSG, Shadow Blade, Banner Saga 2, Guilty Gear Xrd, etc... I've fixed most of these on the beta version of the new site for example so premium members could see there what they'll be renamed as.

I have since discovered a few more titles for you to take note of and have added them to the list. :)

• Like 1

It would be nice to rename "Derrick's Cabinet" to its real name ingame : "Derrick the Death Fin".

Problem is that the PSN made that mistake and named the game "Cabinet" instead of "the Death Fin".

And what's a Cabinet in that case anyway?!

I think it might mean it's his trophy cabinet, the place where his trophies are kept? It's a similar thing to when trophy lists say "Trophies" at the end or when Savage Moon called them "Veteran's Awards".

I'll add it to the list. :)

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

@BlindMango  Great work on fixing most of these with the new site update (I can understand why a couple of them weren't). I noticed a few games have had the infobox thingy added at the side as well, is that also your job? :)

No problem! =D And yes, the data on the side is another thing I work on. You guys will be able to actually sort of modify that yourselves too, I'll detail that more sooner or later :P

Just now, BlindMango said:

No problem! =D And yes, the data on the side is another thing I work on. You guys will be able to actually sort of modify that yourselves too, I'll detail that more sooner or later :P

Ooo intriguing, so sort of like a wiki? I was actually going to ask if I could help you out with that because there are just soooo many games to do with a good few pieces of info that needs to be sourced for each, plus I know you have all the header images to sort as well. It's a mammoth task for one person I can imagine!

My decade editing on Wikipedia could finally be put to good use! xD

16 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Will it be full editing privileges or just suggestions from there? I can see a war starting over Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim among others.

6 hours ago, Urushiro said:

Will it be full editing privileges or just suggestions from there? I can see a war starting over Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim among others.

Not list names, just the metadata on the right side - it will have to be approved too

The only one I'd really like to see changed is 'STREET FIGHTER V' to 'Street Fighter V'. I know it's a stupid OCD thing, and that it wouldn't matter to most people, but I like to have a clean list of games on my profile, and it annoys me that it remains the only game on my list that is capitalized.

Otherwise, this was a really superb update.

7 minutes ago, MullakatooPS said:

The only one I'd really like to see changed is 'STREET FIGHTER V' to 'Street Fighter V'. I know it's a stupid OCD thing, and that it wouldn't matter to most people, but I like to have a clean list of games on my profile, and it annoys me that it remains the only game on my list that is capitalized.

Otherwise, this was a really superb update.

I've been going through and doing this for a good number of games over the past few days, Street Fighter games are fixed! ;)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Booo! Street Fighters should be bolded :(

And I see you started changed weeb games into transcriptions... can we choose the default name? I want my runes :D

For now I'm only doing games with guides and new games, I'm probably not gonna fully delve into the ... weeb games xD until a little later though. At that point I'll probably ask some of you for a helping hand since you're better experts than me, they aren't all so easy!

16 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

For now I'm only doing games with guides and new games, I'm probably not gonna fully delve into the ... weeb games xD until a little later though. At that point I'll probably ask some of you for a helping hand since you're better experts than me, they aren't all so easy!

Now this makes me wonder if I should make guides if they are going to transform beautiful runes into the ugly latin xDDDDD

Nah, just joking, feel free to ask anything :D

@BlindMango I don't know if there's a better way to do this so I'll just continue to let you know about corrections here? I've noticed a lot of mistakes recently so just want to bring them to your attention and you can do what you see fit. This is just some constructive criticism mind as I'm sure all of us want to see PSNP perfect! :D

Some changes you've made which are inaccurate:

• Samuari Shodown is not meant to have the "w" in show. 
  • Her Majesty's SPIFFING is an acronym of "Special Planetary Investigative Force For Inhabiting New Galaxies" so is meant to be capitalised. 
  • GTA III / VC: You put Rockstar Vienna down as a dev however they only ported the game to Xbox so have no credit on the PS versions.
  • Bully: Rockstar New England only developed the Scholarship Edition which isn't on PS. 
  • The Warriors: Rockstar Leeds only developed the PSP version not PS2/4. Also the PS3 release date has been added which is misleading since that version doesn't have trophies. 
  • Max Payne: There are all sorts of devs/publishers listed that shouldn't be there. :hmm: The PS2/4 version was developed by Remedy and Rockstar Canada, and published by Rockstar Games. The other publishers were for PC and Mac. 
  • Red Faction: PS3 release dates are shown; publisher should be THQ Nordic. Monkeystone should be removed as they only handled the N-Gage port. 

There are others but I'm going to stop because I feel bad now. :( I do appreciate the hard work you've put into this site, honestly!

Just one more thing: The "releases" field could perhaps be made better use of to show what region the trophy list is so if there are stacks we know what is what? Unless there are plans to label regions anyway in the future?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Some changes you've made which are inaccurate:

• Samuari Shodown is not meant to have the "w" in show. 
  • Her Majesty's SPIFFING is an acronym of "Special Planetary Investigative Force For Inhabiting New Galaxies" so is meant to be capitalised. 

Ah thanks for this, fixed xD I had a feeling SPIFFING was some sort of acronym, but then was like "nah, it can't be" haha. Also as far as all the metadata on the right side, I'll make a new "rescan trophy list" post in the coming days explaining that stuff more :P

• Like 1

On 11/12/2016 at 6:00 PM, BlindMango said:

Ah thanks for this, fixed xD I had a feeling SPIFFING was some sort of acronym, but then was like "nah, it can't be" haha. Also as far as all the metadata on the right side, I'll make a new "rescan trophy list" post in the coming days explaining that stuff more :P

No problem. :) Haha yeah it's a strange one. Anyway I will look out for that post but in the meantime more title corrections for you to evaluate! Yay I hear you say? :yay: (probably "shut up and leave me alone" more like :P)

Got to point out the title for Ratchet & Clank 2 doesn't match up between the PS3 and Vita lists.

Also I notice you've began to decapitalise titles (good one! makes it look nice and neat! :D), so wondering what you think of inFAMOUS → inFamous (or InFamous)? Note it is actually an alternate official formatting (seen on the side of the PAL release). ;) 

infamous-r2-front-cover-276.jpg

Edited by dell9300

• 2 weeks later...

Is there there any official method or set of rules PSNP uses when renaming things other than what they may be on the actual PSN list?  ie GTA IV → Grand Theft Auto IV? It basically seems cherry picked atm.  I don't really care either way, but I think there should be a rule for consistency if there isn't one.