Game Titles Needing Edited

Go to solution Solved by BlindMango,

I have noticed a few times that the titles of games on this site have been changed from what they are on PSN due to inaccuracies or having "Trophies" in the title. So I thought it would be good to have a definitive thread for everyone to post any titles they think need editing so they can be reviewed and, if the request is reasonable, hopefully we can get them updated. It would be great to see some DLC titles updated too but for now I've been told it's not possible to do.

It would really help in some cases, for instance if I search "Elder Scrolls", Skyrim won't show up because it's not listed under its full title. In the case of DLC, sometimes it's not clear what pack you need to buy to be able to earn the trophies, like with Uncharted 2 the first DLC has been put down as simply "DLC" instead of its actual name.

Game titles needing edited:

Grand Theft Auto 3 → Grand Theft Auto III

PixelJunk Eden / Encore → PixelJunk Eden

PixelJunk Monsters and Encore → PixelJunk Monsters (Encore is the DLC for both of these so should be removed from the title)

Ratchet & Clank 2 → Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando (Vita list uses this title so PS3 should match)

Skyrim → The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

LittleBigPlanet → LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (title includes "PS Vita" on the cover, not a stack of the PS3 game)

Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands → Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Banner Saga 2 → The Banner Saga 2

Savage Moon Veteran's Awards → Savage Moon (actual game title, "Veteran's Awards" is referring to the trophies)

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- Trophy → Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-

ShadowBladeTrophies → Shadow Blade: Reload

DCUO (PS3) → DC Universe Online

DCUO (PS4) → DC Universe Online

DCUO (PS4 Stack) → DC Universe Online

Rocketbirds PS Vita → Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (thanks to Harsly)

RA3 Commander's Challenge → Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge

Monkey Island 2 Special EditionLeChuck's Revenge → Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge

FARCRY CLASSIC → Far Cry Classic (thanks to willmill97)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood → Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Revelations → Assassin's Creed Revelations (both need colon removed to match with rest of series; thanks to leandrorhcp)

MLB 12 The Show (PS3) → MLB 12 The Show

MLB 12 The Show (VITA) → MLB 12 The Show

Derrick's Cabinet → Derrick the Deathfin (actual game title, "Cabinet" is referring to the trophies; thanks to NekoSlash)

Wolverine → X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Laser Disco Defenders Trophies → Laser Disco Defenders

Huntsman: Winter's Curse → The Huntsman: Winter's Curse

Ginger → Ginger: Beyond the Crystal

Oceanhorn - Monster of the Uncharted Sea → Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

DLC titles needing edited:

DLC → Drake's Fortune Multiplayer Pack

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™ Siege Expansion Pack → Siege Expansion Pack

DLC 1 Trophies (Flashback 1) → Flashback Map Pack 1

DLC 2 Trophies (Fort Coop) → Fort Co-op Adventure

DLC 3 Trophies (Flashback 2) → Flashback Map Pack 2

DLC 4 Trophies (Shades) → Shade Survival

DLC 5 Trophies (U3 Maps) → Drake's Deception Map Pack

TLAD → The Lost and Damned

TBoGT → The Ballad of Gay Tony

NVDLC1 Trophies → Dead Money

NVDLC2 Trophies → Honest Hearts

NVDLC3 Trophies → Old World Blues

NVDLC4 Trophies → Lonesome Road

NVDLC5 Trophies → Gun Runners' Arsenal

LOST IN NIGHTMARE → LOST IN NIGHTMARES

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 3

I have noticed a few times that the titles of games and DLCs on this site have been changed from what they are on PSN due to inaccuracies or having "Trophies" in the title. So I thought it would be good to have a definitive thread for everyone to post any titles they think need editing so they can be reviewed and, if the request is reasonable, hopefully updated by Sly (if he's on board with this of course).

It would really help in some cases, for instance if I search "Elder Scrolls", Skyrim won't show up because it's not listed under its full title. In the case of DLC, sometimes it's not clear what pack you need to buy to be able to earn the trophies, like with Uncharted 2 the first DLC has been put down as simply "DLC" instead of its actual name.

Game titles I suggest to be edited:

Grand Theft Auto 3 → Grand Theft Auto III

PixelJunk Eden / Encore → PixelJunk Eden

PixelJunk Monsters and Encore → PixelJunk Monsters

Ratchet & Clank 2 → Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando

Skyrim → The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

LittleBigPlanet → LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (The title includes "PS Vita" and is not a stack of the PS3 game)

Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands → Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Banner Saga 2 → The Banner Saga 2

Savage Moon Veteran's Awards → Savage Moon

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- Trophy → Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-

ShadowBladeTrophies → Shadow Blade: Reload

COTSG TROPHIES → Cast of the Seven Godsends: Redux

DCUO (PS3) → DC Universe Online

DCUO (PS4) → DC Universe Online

DCUO (PS4 Stack) → DC Universe Online

The names for Skyrim, Ratchet & Clank 2, and DCUO are how the games appear on PSN, not sure about all the other game names.

I have noticed a few times that the titles of games and DLCs on this site have been changed from what they are on PSN due to inaccuracies or having "Trophies" in the title. So I thought it would be good to have a definitive thread for everyone to post any titles they think need editing so they can be reviewed and, if the request is reasonable, hopefully updated by Sly (if he's on board with this of course).

Game titles I suggest to be edited:Grand Theft Auto 3 → Grand Theft Auto IIIPixelJunk Eden / Encore → PixelJunk EdenPixelJunk Monsters and Encore → PixelJunk MonstersRatchet & Clank 2 → Ratchet & Clank 2: Going CommandoSkyrim → The Elder Scrolls V: SkyrimLittleBigPlanet → LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (The title includes "PS Vita" and is not a stack of the PS3 game)Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands → Prince of Persia: The Forgotten SandsBanner Saga 2 → The Banner Saga 2Savage Moon Veteran's Awards → Savage MoonGuilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- Trophy → Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-ShadowBladeTrophies → Shadow Blade: ReloadCOTSG TROPHIES → Cast of the Seven Godsends: ReduxDCUO (PS3) → DC Universe OnlineDCUO (PS4) → DC Universe OnlineDCUO (PS4 Stack) → DC Universe Online

DLC titles I suggest to be edited:DLC → Drake's Fortune Multiplayer PackUNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™ Siege Expansion Pack → Siege Expansion PackDLC 1 Trophies (Flashback 1) → Flashback Map Pack 1DLC 2 Trophies (Fort Coop) → Fort Co-op AdventureDLC 3 Trophies (Flashback 2) → Flashback Map Pack 2DLC 4 Trophies (Shades) → Shade SurvivalDLC 5 Trophies (U3 Maps) → Drake's Deception Map PackTLAD → The Lost and DamnedTBoGT → The Ballad of Gay TonyNVDLC1 Trophies → Dead MoneyNVDLC2 Trophies → Honest HeartsNVDLC3 Trophies → Old World BluesNVDLC4 Trophies → Lonesome RoadNVDLC5 Trophies → Gun Runners' ArsenalLOST IN NIGHTMARE → LOST IN NIGHTMARES

I don't really care about these too much with exception of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, that one should definitely be changed. Edited by LucasV9991

The names for Skyrim, Ratchet & Clank 2, and DCUO are how the games appear on PSN, not sure about all the other game names.

Oh I know, all of them are how they are on PSN but I know Sly has changed the title of other games before, like GTA IV on PSN is Grand Theft Auto IV here. So this is to request other games to be changed like GTA IV and some others were.

I can agree with the DLC being changed to have a proper name and not DLC 1 etc but the games themselves is trickier. Its the 'lightning returns final fantasy XIII' vs 'Final Fantasy XIII Lightning returns' debate all over again. I'd prefer the real name but if Bethesda themselves named the trophy list Skyrim and not the Elder scrolls V Skyrim should it be changed? If the aforementioned FF game was changed to make it easier to find I doubt Skyrim is going to be changed. Ratchet and Clank 2 never had the going commando subtitle in Europe did it? Both are strictly correct so which do you choose? I'm not familiar with any of the other games but this is a topic where there isn't likely a right answer unfortunately

Edited by Cleggworth

I can agree with the DLC being changed to have a proper name and not DLC 1 etc but the games themselves is trickier. Its the 'lightning returns final fantasy XIII' vs 'Final Fantasy XIII Lightning returns' debate all over again. I'd prefer the real name but if Bethesda themselves named the trophy list Skyrim and not the Elder scrolls V Skyrim should it be changed? If the aforementioned FF game was changed to make it easier to find I doubt Skyrim is going to be changed. Ratchet and Clank 2 never had the going commando subtitle in Europe did it? Both are strictly correct so which do you choose? I'm not familiar with any of the other games but this is a topic where there isn't likely a right answer unfortunately

GTA IV was changed to Grand Theft Auto IV and Modern Warfare 2 to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 so I don't see why Skyrim shouldn't follow suit? Especially to put it more in line with The Elder Scrolls Online.

What you said is true about Ratchet & Clank 2 though (it was subtitled Locked and Loaded instead) but the Vita listing has Going Commando so it seems strange to not have the PS3 listing the same title. Also note both the PS3 and Vita listings of R&C3 have the Up Your Arsenal subtitle on the site even though it was not used in Europe either.

Grand Theft Auto 3 has always bugged me. I think that trophy list may actually be the only time Rockstar hasn't used roman numerals for it.

I disagree with including PS Vita in LittleBigPlanet's title, as its platform is always displayed alongside it on the site anyway.

I'd also like to see these games tweaked slightly for the sake of consistency:

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires → DYNASTY WARRIORS 6 Empires

Dynasty Warriors 7 → DYNASTY WARRIORS 7

Small adjustments to their casing so they fit in with the 11 other games which are all stylised in the same way.

• Like 1

Ratchet & Clank 2 has to be like that because it's called Ratchet & Clank 2: Locked and Loaded In Australia and Europe, yet they share the same trophy list.

EDIT: Nvm, somebody already said that :P

Edited by popass12345

Grand Theft Auto 3 has always bugged me. I think that trophy list may actually be the only time Rockstar hasn't used roman numerals for it.

I disagree with including PS Vita in LittleBigPlanet's title, as its platform is always displayed alongside it on the site anyway.

I'd also like to see these games tweaked slightly for the sake of consistency:

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires → DYNASTY WARRIORS 6 Empires

Dynasty Warriors 7 → DYNASTY WARRIORS 7

Small adjustments to their casing so they fit in with the 11 other games which are all stylised in the same way.

That's because it was Sony's doing, the noobs they are! :P R* would never have used a number 3.

As for LittleBigPlanet, PS Vita is actually part of its title though (see the cover). Just like how a lot of Nintendo games have "Advance", "DS", "Wii" etc. in the title.

I was wondering about capitalisation too but wasn't sure if people prefer if everything was sentence case or if certain series are better in capitals. If we are including them though it will make the list of changes a heck of a lot longer! xD

Wanted to add Modern Warfare 2 & 3, but they're fixed... Which is good!  B)  B)

EDIT: I'm currently having Skyrim, and the cover shows it as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. On PSNProfiles, it only shows Skyrim. It should be changed, though.

Edited by ee28max

Keep Skyrim the way it is, because in my opinion, subtitles of game titles are mostly irrelevent. "The Elder Scrolls" and the installment number is the subtitle to an Elder Scrolls game, the main title has always been the location: "Arena", "Daggerfall", "Morrowind", "Oblivion", "Skyrim". The evidence is on packaging for their products, "The Elder Scrolls" is always typeset smaller in keeping with its status as a subtitle in order to link the games together. It just happens that the subtitle comes first in these games.

"The Elder Scrolls" is always typeset smaller in keeping with its status as a subtitle in order to link the games together.

Well that's exactly the issue I raised. I might be new to this site and want to see which Elder Scrolls games have trophies. I search "elder scrolls" and it would only come up with The Elder Scrolls Online. Skyrim wouldn't show so I might think it doesn't have trophies and thus the link to other games in the series is broken. Even if "The Elder Scrolls" is more minor it's still part of the title so why wouldn't it be shown?

Another example, and one that would effect me more, is if I sort my games in alphabetical order The Elder Scrolls games wouldn't be together which I would find annoying, when VI comes out that is.

Edited by dell9300

Well that's exactly the issue I raised. I might be new to this site and want to see which Elder Scrolls games have trophies. I search "elder scrolls" and it would only come up with The Elder Scrolls Online. Skyrim wouldn't show so I might think it doesn't have trophies and thus the link to other games in the series is broken. Even if "The Elder Scrolls" is more minor it's still part of the title so why wouldn't it be shown?

Because most people and website resources, but especially TES fans, members of their forums, and developers, tend to refer to the games by the main titles and not the numbers at all. Google acts like "Did you mean Skyrim?" when you try to look up "The Elder Scrolls V heavy armors". It's weird, like not using contractions while speaking English. Saying "The Elder Scrolls III" would likely elicit a response like, "WTF? Do you mean 'Morrowind'?" In my opinion it needs to stay the same because the numbers are irrelevent; Skyrim comes after Oblivion which comes after Morrowind, Wikipedia'll tell you that.

If not knowing which games have trophies is the issue, that's easy: Skyrim and ESO. ESO shouldn't really count though, because an MMO for this series has long been something of a punchline in the TES community.

Because most people and website resources, but especially TES fans, members of their forums, and developers, tend to refer to the games by the main titles and not the numbers at all. Google acts like "Did you mean Skyrim?" when you try to look up "The Elder Scrolls V heavy armors". It's weird, like not using contractions while speaking English. Saying "The Elder Scrolls III" would likely elicit a response like, "WTF? Do you mean 'Morrowind'?" In my opinion it needs to stay the same because the numbers are irrelevent; Skyrim comes after Oblivion which comes after Morrowind, Wikipedia'll tell you that.

If not knowing which games have trophies is the issue, that's easy: Skyrim and ESO. ESO shouldn't really count though, because an MMO for this series has long been something of a punchline in the TES community.

Fair enough, "Skyrim" is the common title but "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" is still the official one. The official website uses both.

You could say the same for Grand Theft Auto, most people including the fan base would usually just say GTA. Rockstar even use it sometimes but it was still changed to its full title on here for consistency.

• Solution

I'll be able to rename games pretty easily when the site update comes out, so since (I think?) the new update will be out soon I haven't bothered Sly too much about renames unless absolutely necessary - that's why some of these newer games that are listed have sloppy unfixed names. :P I already had some of the newer games you have here written down like COTSG, Shadow Blade, Banner Saga 2, Guilty Gear Xrd, etc... I've fixed most of these on the beta version of the new site for example so premium members could see there what they'll be renamed as.

Other ones like Ratchet & Clank 2 and Skyrim are harder to decide to rename for various reasons like the ones brought up in this thread, plus they show up as that on PSN, etc... So still unsure about those few.

I won't be able to rename DLC, but a lot of those names are a mess, Sly should add that capability as well if he's able to lol

• Like 2

Looking at some of these comments there's some games I have avoided getting because I don't like how they would show up on my trophy list, but it turns out that's not how they show up at all. This needs to be attended too. It should always appear how it appears on PSN.

• Like 1

I'll be able to rename games pretty easily when the site update comes out, so since (I think?) the new update will be out soon I haven't bothered Sly too much about renames unless absolutely necessary - that's why some of these newer games that are listed have sloppy unfixed names. :P I already had some of the newer games you have here written down like COTSG, Shadow Blade, Banner Saga 2, Guilty Gear Xrd, etc... I've fixed most of these on the beta version of the new site for example so premium members could see there what they'll be renamed as.

Other ones like Ratchet & Clank 2 and Skyrim are harder to decide to rename for various reasons like the ones brought up in this thread, plus they show up as that on PSN, etc... So still unsure about those few.

I won't be able to rename DLC, but a lot of those names are a mess, Sly should add that capability as well if he's able to lol

Thank you for your answer. I'll be exciting to see the new site update roll out whenever it shall be. Please, please, please make sure to change GTA3 to Roman numerals, it's probably the one that bugs me the most of all! xD Shame about DLC names though, hopefully you'll be able to change them too at some point, they definitely need it badly!

I'm puzzled by Ratchet being a difficult one though. The Vita listing of it on this site has the subtitle and besides, all games on here are listed as their American titles anyway, if the list is shared between regions that is (like the other Ratchets, the Sly Cooper series etc). Also Skyrim has the full title on the PlayStation Store if that's of any relevance?

Looking at some of these comments there's some games I have avoided getting because I don't like how they would show up on my trophy list, but it turns out that's not how they show up at all. This needs to be attended too. It should always appear how it appears on PSN.

So you're saying there are games' titles that have been changed on here which make them worse than what they are on PSN? What ones are you referring to?

It's an interesting thing to bring up because the whole point of changing them is to correct them if they're wrong or a mess.

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 1

Thank you for your answer. I'll be exciting to see the new site update roll out whenever it shall be. Please, please, please make sure to change GTA3 to Roman numerals, it's probably the one that bugs me the most of all! xD Shame about DLC names though, hopefully you'll be able to change them too at some point, they definitely need it badly!

I'm puzzled by Ratchet being a difficult one though. The Vita listing of it on this site has the subtitle and besides, all games on here are listed as their American titles anyway, if the list is shared between regions that is (like the other Ratchets, the Sly Cooper series etc). Also Skyrim has the full title on the PlayStation Store if that's of any relevance?

So you're saying there are games' titles that have been changed on here which make them worse than what they are on PSN? What ones are you referring to?

It's an interesting thing to bring up because the whole point of changing them is to correct them if they're wrong or a mess.

In my experience, pretty much everything ending with Trophies, Trophy, Trophy set etc. All of the Minecraft's end with PS(3,4,Vita) Edition on PSN but not on the site. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on PS3 shows up as Advanced Warfare on PSN. Bully also comes up as Canis Canem Edit. I always thought it was an NA thing but apparently not.

In my experience, pretty much everything ending with Trophies, Trophy, Trophy set etc. All of the Minecraft's end with PS(3,4,Vita) Edition on PSN but not on the site. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on PS3 shows up as Advanced Warfare on PSN. Bully also comes up as Canis Canem Edit. I always thought it was an NA thing but apparently not.

"Trophies", "Trophy set" etc. isn't part of the game title which is why it's removed here. I don't like it on PSN either and in my opinion Sony shouldn't allow it. There was a time I didn't want titles I didn't like the look of on my trophy list either but then "God of War Trophies" came along and I realised I had to get over it or miss out on games I wanted.

In the case of Bully though, if your system language is set to English (United States) the trophy list will show up as Bully and if it's set to English (United Kingdom) it will be Canis Canem Edit. Currently there's no way to set your language on this site so all titles show as their American version.

Oh when did this happen? That is great to hear,been wanting that for a while. High five Sly  :highfive:

After I messaged Sly to do so, much appreciated now my OCD can be at rest.  xD

I do think Skyrim should be changed to The Elder Scrolls... because at least it fits when you A-Z your games, being next to The Elder Scrolls Online. 

• Like 2