Tips for Pokemon Go

AkasunaUchiha

The best tip I can give you is to join Team Instinct. It is the best team.

Depends on your area honestly, in my small area, Mystic seems to maintain the gym more as we know how to defend, when Valor has it (I have never seen Instinct run the gym - I can check on it quite regulary as I can see it from my home), they only have one player so it gets took over quickly again by Mystic.  So do some research, what look at the gyms in your area and look at what team seems to dominate them.

Always catch Pokemon that only need 12 candies to evolve, this is quick and easy XP and will get you caught up fast to those of us playing a bit earlier.  Even if you have already finished that Pokemon's evolve line.  Any higher than 12, then I recommend just saving your Pokeballs, I'm down to 13 as I caught a bit too many Rattatas (as my Raticate seems to be nearing it's CP cap).  Weedles, Caterpies, Pidgeys are all good for this easy XP though.

There's a way to get Pikachu at the start for those that are interested, you just have to keep walking until he appears with the starters.

Pokestops refresh every 3 minutes.

Size means:

XS = Most CP

XL = Most HP

Also your Eevee's evolution is dependant on it's second move, Dig = Flareon, Swift = Jolteon, Body Slam = Vaporeon.

• Like 4

Depends on your area honestly, in my small area, Mystic seems to maintain the gym more as we know how to defend, when Valor has it (I have never seen Instinct run the gym - I can check on it quite regulary as I can see it from my home), they only have one player so it gets took over quickly again by Mystic.  So do some research, what look at the gyms in your area and look at what team seems to dominate them.

Always catch Pokemon that only need 12 candies to evolve, this is quick and easy XP and will get you caught up fast to those of us playing a bit earlier.  Even if you have already finished that Pokemon's evolve line.  Any higher than 12, then I recommend just saving your Pokeballs, I'm down to 13 as I caught a bit too many Rattatas (as my Raticate seems to be nearing it's CP cap).  Weedles, Caterpies, Pidgeys are all good for this easy XP though.

There's a way to get Pikachu at the start for those that are interested, you just have to keep walking until he appears with the starters.

Pokestops refresh every 3 minutes.

Size means:

XS = Most CP

XL = Most HP

Also your Eevee's evolution is dependant on it's second move, Dig = Flareon, Swift = Jolteon, Body Slam = Vaporeon.

That is good to know about the eeveelutions.  

I second that, here where I live is the underdog, so it's worth joining them, to show who's the best :). I'm team instinct too of course, best legendary also.

Edited by Carlver
  • Like 2

I second that, here where I live is the underdog, so it's worth joining them, to show who's the best :). I'm team instinct too of course, best legendary also.

Being the underdog provides the most entertainment. You can walk around your town and just about every gym is available to battle. My coworkers and I go out late at night and get to 10 gyms, then we cash out for the night. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

Does anyone know how to fix the GPS accuracy problem on Androids other than reinstall the game, put phone into high accuracy mode, turn locations on and keep WiFi on?

Well, your wifi is going to go off eventually when you start walking.  This game does require a data plan unless you can somehow have wifi on during your whole walk.

I don't know how to fix that android problem though, Apple here and have no problem with the accuracy, it works great (when there's no server issues of course).

The biggest tip is knowing that the higher your trainer level is, the higher CP pokémons will have when you catch them. Thus trainer EXP is everything.

A good strategy to gain a lot of levels quickly is to save all the Pidgeys/Weedles/Caterpies or any other common you have. Do not transfer them. Once you hit level 9, you get a lucky egg. A lucky egg doubles your trainer EXP for half an hour. The thing you want to do, is save up as many candies and common pokémon as you can. Once you hit level 9 (or level 10, depending on how many candies/pokemon you have) you can activate your lucky egg and keep evolving every pidgey, rattata, ... you have. Every evolve will net you a nice 1000 EXP (and if you didn't have the evolved form before you'll get an extra 1000 EXP as well) I went from level 9 to level 11 in 30 minutes using that method.

TL;DR Once you activate a lucky egg, go crazy!

:highfive:

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

Join Team Mystic and you won't have to worry about anything.

I look forward to see what team Mystic offers :) Just joined yesterday :D

Ot: Also, about eggs, this guide (https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/13/pokemon-go-starter-guide-how-to-earn-xp-level-up-join-gym-teams-and-more/) offered a nice breakup of what you can get:

2 kilometre eggs

• Bulbasaur
  • Charmander
  • Squirtle
  • Caterpie
  • Weedle
  • Pidgey
  • Rattata
  • Spearow
  • Pikachu
  • Clefairy
  • Jigglypuff
  • Zubat
  • Geodude
  • Magikarp

5 kilometre eggs

• Ekans
  • Sandshrew
  • Nidoran♀
  • Nidoran♂
  • Vulpix
  • Oddish
  • Paras
  • Venonat
  • Diglett
  • Meowth
  • Psyduck
  • Mankey
  • Growlithe
  • Poliwag
  • Abra
  • Machop
  • Bellsprout
  • Tentacool
  • Ponyta
  • Slowpoke
  • Magnemite
  • Farfetch’d
  • Doduo
  • Seel
  • Grimer
  • Shellder
  • Gastly
  • Drowzee
  • Krabby
  • Voltorb
  • Exeggcute
  • Cubone
  • Lickitung
  • Koffing
  • Rhyhorn
  • Tangela
  • Kangaskhan
  • Horsea
  • Goldeen
  • Staryu
  • Mr. Mime
  • Tauros
  • Porygon

10 kilometre eggs

• Onix
  • Hitmonlee
  • Hitmonchan
  • Chansey
  • Scyther
  • Jynx
  • Electabuzz
  • Magmar
  • Pinsir
  • Lapras
  • Eevee
  • Omanyte
  • Kabuto
  • Aerodactyl
  • Snorlax
  • Dratini

I spoke with some friends and they say they do have gotten some pokemons mentioned here at the exact same ranges. So I guess it's pretty accurate.

(Credits to vg247.com's guide).

Furthermore, never neglect the Poke Stops, they offer better items the more you level, and pay close attention if one is bursting petals. That means a kind souls put a module to attract module for pokemon there. Here on US, it usually happens more commonly from 12:00PM-4:00PM.

Your safest bet to get these Poke Stops is to go to crowded or popular places nearby. You can find a LOT of stuff there.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

If you ever need to know anything about any pokemon game ever check Serebii.net.

They always have the most up to date and reliable information on any pokemon game, in my opinion. They are currently working on building up the pokemon GO section, but it already holds quite the trove of information about gyms, catching pokemon, hatching eggs, and all kinds of stuff.

Also, TEAM INSTINCT FOR LIFE! ZAPDOS!!!

Well, your wifi is going to go off eventually when you start walking. This game does require a data plan unless you can somehow have wifi on during your whole walk.

I don't know how to fix that android problem though, Apple here and have no problem with the accuracy, it works great (when there's no server issues of course).

wifi networks are used to pull a more accurate GPS location these days, even if you aren't near YOUR wifi anymore, it still uses nearby wifi networks to determine your exact GPS location. Keeping wifi on while playing pokemon go will greatly improve the GPS functionality. Edited by danceswithsloths

Well, your wifi is going to go off eventually when you start walking. This game does require a data plan unless you can somehow have wifi on during your whole walk.

Maybe I should just download it to my iPod...Shoot! I need a data plan!!! This bug seriously makes this app unplayable. Which is sad because I love to go outside and get a run/walk in and love Pokémon. Guess I am SOL until a patch fixes it. Edited by Beyondthegrave07

XnIvnlC.png

For those who like the Egg Hatching system in the game. :)

So far I have hatched 2 2km eggs, got 2 weedles so yea... rubbish so far for me, but there is chance for the starters and these are the most common eggs I think you get (in my own experience, I get way more 5km eggs).

Hatched 9 5km eggs so far and got:

• Rhyhorn
  • Machop
  • Paras
  • Goldeen
  • Tentacool
  • Nidoran (Female)
  • Oddish
  • Sandshrew
  • Ekans

So this list seems pretty accurate, just waiting on getting lucky for a 10km egg, but I have the feeling that many doesn't drop at stops until a certain level as you get pretty good Pokemon from that.

Edited by DEMON

So apparently the Eevee secondary move theory isn't correct.

But there is now another theory that seems to be much more accurate, it uses the naming system in the game.

Sparky = Jolteon
Pyro = Flareon
Rainer = Vaporeon (use your strongest Eevee for this as this Pokemon is one of the best - I can take out whole gyms with it).

• Like 2