Tips for Pokemon Go

AkasunaUchiha

Thanks for the answers. 

I spoke to a guy at a stop yesterday. His strategy is to wake up at 4am, hit every gym in town in his car (for the sake of speed), leave a pokemon on as many as possible, and claim the bonus immediately. (I didn't really understand what he was saying yesterday, I just nodded along.)

He then goes back to bed until school starts. (Oh, to be a student again... *looks wistfully out the window at the hot summer day*)

Ahem. Anyway, such a strategy might benefit you? 

A bummer that that's the only way to get coins in game (and so few!). No wonder the top players around here are dominating. They can actually afford the in-game items and don't have to rely on drops alone!

That's how I see my local gym being took over, people come to it at 2AM and take it over, Mystic (my team), takes it over at like 7AM in the morning.

It does when the game is new like, but it's a bit of an effort like.  Especially when battles can sometimes just glitch and stop going.  And no, this game is not pay to win.  There are top players who haven't spent a dime or even placed their Pokemon in gyms.  It all depends on the time you have to run about.. and your data plan.  And areas are important too, you live in a big city? You're going to have an advantage over everyone who are from small towns/country/rural villages who can't find as many Pokemon and stops and have to travel around the country for them all.

I was at the Beach today and god damn, pretty much the best place for water Pokemon.  I also found an Onix.. crap CP tho.

I also found a Resort and Spa place near by me.. 10 fucking Pokestops on top of the other and a gym (which I took over easy lol).

Edited by DEMON

I am glad that this game has gotten people outside and moving around, although to many, sunlight and "fresh" air will be a strange and new experience in and of itself.  As some of you will not be in your natural habitat I have the following basic rules:

• Don't get run over
  • Don't trespass
  • Don't forget that it isn't real
  • Underwear is not acceptable outdoor attire
  • Common rules of law and courtesy still apply to you even though you have a phone in your face
  • Like 3

Thanks for the answers. 

I spoke to a guy at a stop yesterday. His strategy is to wake up at 4am, hit every gym in town in his car (for the sake of speed), leave a pokemon on as many as possible, and claim the bonus immediately. (I didn't really understand what he was saying yesterday, I just nodded along.)

He then goes back to bed until school starts. (Oh, to be a student again... *looks wistfully out the window at the hot summer day*)

Ahem. Anyway, such a strategy might benefit you? 

A bummer that that's the only way to get coins in game (and so few!). No wonder the top players around here are dominating. They can actually afford the in-game items and don't have to rely on drops alone!

Is it worthwhile to claim gyms like that? if you get 10 gyms, that is 100 coins or $1 (in US). I doubt you can hit 10 gyms on $1 of gas. At that point, I would just spend money on the game. 

Ok, so a random who I bumped into at  gym, who happened to be on my team, and I figured something out:

You can both enter a gym at the same time. 

This makes taking on high CP pokemon incredibly easy. We both brought ~CP650 pokemon into a fight against ~CP700-1,000 pokemon and wiped them every time. 

The defending pokemon is able to attack, and its attacks will affect both of you. But both of your attacks on the defending pokemon have an effect, so you're usually able to take them out. 

So if there's a particularly sticky gym in your area, try teaming up and taking it on with other people. 

I've only tried this with one other person, so I don't know if you can have more than 2 people attack a gym at once. We were also on the same team, so I don't know if, say, a Yellow and a Blue can team up to take out a Red gym. 

Ok, so a random who I bumped into at  gym, who happened to be on my team, and I figured something out:

You can both enter a gym at the same time. 

This makes taking on high CP pokemon incredibly easy. We both brought ~CP650 pokemon into a fight against ~CP700-1,000 pokemon and wiped them every time. 

The defending pokemon is able to attack, and its attacks will affect both of you. But both of your attacks on the defending pokemon have an effect, so you're usually able to take them out. 

So if there's a particularly sticky gym in your area, try teaming up and taking it on with other people. 

I've only tried this with one other person, so I don't know if you can have more than 2 people attack a gym at once. We were also on the same team, so I don't know if, say, a Yellow and a Blue can team up to take out a Red gym. 

You can team up with people on other teams if they're not the same color as the gym. As for the limit, I don't know. In a very popular area, I attacked a gym with 3 other people, watched some other color fill it up, and just attacked it again and again. Gym mostly just kept switching color for the 30min I saw it, so it was great for xp.

• Like 1

Another thing I have noticed is that a Charmander has spawned in exactly the same spot for 3 days in a row. 

I think some of the rarer pokemon must have designated spawn points. The only thing is that they only appear a few times a day. 

Edit:

Yup - he was there again today. 

So if you see a rare pokemon, try going to that place 24 hours later. He might be there again. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

So I had an idea for a power levelling method - I'm not sure if anyone has tried it:

1. Go to a gym with someone from another team. 

2. Take over the gym (if it's not already your colour). 

3. Install a low CP Pokemon. 

4. Other player takes over gym easily.

5. He installs a low CP Pokemon. 

Continue to take turns taking the gym from one another. 

Pop a lucky egg at the same time to earn double XP. 

Has anyone tried this already? If so, does it work?

I got two 10km eggs and got an Eevee and a Hitmonchan out of them. Unfortunately I had already caught both of them previously by just walking around so I didn't get anything new.

Did a 5km and got Pikachu  :P  :D

Is it worthwhile to claim gyms like that? if you get 10 gyms, that is 100 coins or $1 (in US). I doubt you can hit 10 gyms on $1 of gas. At that point, I would just spend money on the game. 

Walk...

• Like 1

So I had an idea for a power levelling method - I'm not sure if anyone has tried it:

1. Go to a gym with someone from another team. 

2. Take over the gym (if it's not already your colour). 

3. Install a low CP Pokemon. 

4. Other player takes over gym easily.

5. He installs a low CP Pokemon. 

Continue to take turns taking the gym from one another. 

Pop a lucky egg at the same time to earn double XP. 

Has anyone tried this already? If so, does it work?

That won't work at a city/town where gyms are being took over constantly.  It would have to be a super rural area Gym.

• Like 1

http://fraghero.com/the-max-cp-of-legendary-birds-in-pokemon-go-leaked-and-one-teams-birds-cp-is-ridiculously-low/I'll just leave this here, think with this leaked info, there's going to be a lot of glory hunters moving to team red now LOOOOL

Not really, as you can read, the DPS of every legendary bird is terrible. Unless having CP means that much to you, a Vaporeon can probably beat all 3 of them (including Zapdos despite the typing)

That won't work at a city/town where gyms are being took over constantly.  It would have to be a super rural area Gym.

It actually works fine in an active town, if you have enough people. At least 4, 2 on each team, because even if people keep on adding pokemon to a gym, it is pretty hard not to easily crush a lvl 3 gym with 12 pokemon, esp when 1-2 of them are guaranteed to be weak. On the other hand, while faster than finding pokemon in many areas in the world, it doesn't give xp as fast as popping 50 evolutions to max a lucky egg. If you're paying money, then this is not a real concern, but if you are playing for free, then I would save the lucky eggs for only evolutions.

Actually, a 10km egg was the first one I got, at level 2 or something. I just think they're rarer. Spoke to a guy last night who hasn't had one yet, he's level 20.

Still confused about how Gyms work. 

So, if there's a friendly gym, can I just go there and put my Pokemon on it? Or do I have to fight my way through their ranks like with a hostile gym? (Cuz that's gonna be impossible for me right now...)

Can I increase my Pokemon CP at a friendly gym by fighting? (I'm yet to win a fight. The CP on the gyms around here is mostly >1,000. My best is a Hypno at 600CP.)

I got my first 10 km egg at level 21, don't really care though i prefer those 2 KM eggs almost got enough candy for a blastoise and already got a Raichu because of those 2 KM eggs.

• Like 1

Se

So apparently the Eevee secondary move theory isn't correct.

But there is now another theory that seems to be much more accurate, it uses the naming system in the game.

Sparky = Jolteon
Pyro = Flareon
Rainer = Vaporeon (use your strongest Eevee for this as this Pokemon is one of the best - I can take out whole gyms with it)

Seeing a lot of Vaporeon and other water pokemon types around so i'm probably going to make Joltean with my best eevee

Se

Seeing a lot of Vaporeon and other water pokemon types around so i'm probably going to make Joltean with my best eevee

It won't be.  A Vaporeon will still destroy an Jolteon, Jolteons have the lowest stats of the Eevee evolutions.

But if Joltean's CP was higher i reckon they will lose 

If you want to know the reasoning why this is false, here is a breakdown.

Here are the pokemon stats: (attacks on page don't have STAB applied)

Vaporeon: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/134

Jolteon: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/135

You can read this page for STAB and Super Effective but STAB is a 1.25x multiplier and Super Effective is also 1.25x in Go

As a result: Vaporeon has a DPS of 20 * 1.25 = 25 DPS

While, Jolteon has a DPS of 8.33 * 1.25 * 1.25 = 13.01 DPS assuming Jolteon is fighting the Vaporeon.

Meaning, that twice as much damage as Jolteon assuming they have the same attack. However, to make Vaporeon lead even further, Vaporeon has about double the HP that Jolteon has at the same level, so Jolteon will somehow need to pull out 4x more damage than Vaporeon to defeat it. (I know I'm making a few assumptions on hp growth that I shouldn't be making but you can read the breakdown on numbers if you care)

In short, Vaporeon will almost always beat Jolteon. In fact, Vaporeon can easily stomp effectively every Electric pokemon currently in existence under the current battle system. At the end of the day, Electric is just a horrible type right now with no decent moves.

If you want to know the reasoning why this is false, here is a breakdown.

Here are the pokemon stats: (attacks on page don't have STAB applied)

Vaporeon: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/134

Jolteon: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/135

You can read this page for STAB and Super Effective but STAB is a 1.25x multiplier and Super Effective is also 1.25x in Go

As a result: Vaporeon has a DPS of 20 * 1.25 = 25 DPS

While, Jolteon has a DPS of 8.33 * 1.25 * 1.25 = 13.01 DPS assuming Jolteon is fighting the Vaporeon.

Meaning, that twice as much damage as Jolteon assuming they have the same attack. However, to make Vaporeon lead even further, Vaporeon has about double the HP that Jolteon has at the same level, so Jolteon will somehow need to pull out 4x more damage than Vaporeon to defeat it. (I know I'm making a few assumptions on hp growth that I shouldn't be making but you can read the breakdown on numbers if you care)

In short, Vaporeon will almost always beat Jolteon. In fact, Vaporeon can easily stomp effectively every Electric pokemon currently in existence under the current battle system. At the end of the day, Electric is just a horrible type right now with no decent moves.

Anyways watch this link, think it will help if you are trying to evolve a certain pokemon... 

It has a link in the description. Add more pokemons in the maps to help each other out :) 

I was talking to other members of this website on the chat section and one of them gave me this useful link which tells you which pokemon are the best in PokemonGo. So here's the picture: https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s

Trust me, they won't.  I have took down 1000CP Pokemon with a 597 Vaporeon (no type benefit either).

Hey as you know from previous games regarding Pokemon, to get pokemon like Machamp and Golem, we had to trade so how does it work in Pokemon go? Do we just have to find these pokemon or if we have enough candies we will evolve them?

I was talking to other members of this website on the chat section and one of them gave me this useful link which tells you which pokemon are the best in PokemonGo. So here's the picture: https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s

Hey as you know from previous games regarding Pokemon, to get pokemon like Machamp and Golem, we had to trade so how does it work in Pokemon go? Do we just have to find these pokemon or if we have enough candies we will evolve them?

You just need enough candies, Alakazam if I remember correctly was another one of those Pokemon you needed to trade for, but in this game it's 100 candies.

They don't even have trading available yet in the game.