Tips for Pokemon Go

AkasunaUchiha

ah that's good that there is no requirement to trade and evolve pokemons :) but hopefully there will be a trading system in the future for the game 

You just need enough candies, Alakazam if I remember correctly was another one of those Pokemon you needed to trade for, but in this game it's 100 candies.

They don't even have trading available yet in the game.

Niantic did announce that a trade system will be coming to Pokemon Go.

Aside from that, I'm unsure about the chart above. Is there any concrete information about tracking down Legendary Pokemon?

Edited by TheAveryChu
  • Like 1

Niantic did announce that a trade system will be coming to Pokemon Go.

Aside from that, I'm unsure about the chart above. Is there any concrete information about tracking down Legendary Pokemon?

Legendary Pokemon are more likely to come in the form of raids and they have already said that the Legendary Birds have something to do with the different teams.

i'm outside my country so can't use data :(

Isn't there not ways to get data outside of your country? Next time talk to your provider and see what deal they can give you.  This game definitely promotes travel so it's kind of sad you can't catch any Pokemon while you're there.  I have that on beaches sometime here but that's like really temporary, they sometimes pick up that I'm in Ireland when I'm not really.. kind of weird.

So the first Evee I evolved had the swift ability and turned Sinton Jolteon.

The 2nd had Body Slam I think and I named him Pyro, turned into Flareon.

3rd had dig, named him Rainer... Also Flareon. :(

Was really hoping the naming thing would work and I'd get Vaporeon.

Not too pleased with Niantic removing the "Location caught" map data from Pokemon profiles.

I hope they plan on bringing it back, just like footprints. 

Naming the Eeves was confirmed by the devs to work, so you might have misspelled Rainer.

I called my first Eeve 'Rainy' and got a Jolteon...

You either misspelt rainer or maybe pokemon go works in a certain way so that you must nickname the first 3 eevee you want to evolve with the specific names: sparky,pyro and rainer :unsure:  

Did you restart the game after renaming the Eevee? You have to restart before  you evolve to ensure the servers recognize that you named them this.

Not too pleased with Niantic removing the "Location caught" map data from Pokemon profiles.

I hope they plan on bringing it back, just like footprints. 

Apparently the map was a security risk as it give way too much of an exact location to where you found it.  They boardened this to show the town/city where you obtained the Pokemon.  But since they did that, they also broadened the steps feature, making it look like every Pokemon was 3 steps away.

Also there's been an update, but this doesn't fix the step bug, they have basically disabled it and now they have forced PokeVision to go down, so now it's going to be impossible to track those rare Pokemon down until this bug is fixed.  You either just have to get lucky and just happen to walk by the area the rare Pokemon is or just forget about it.  Overall, my area where I am, is rural so PokeVision didn't work great to start with, but I knew where spawn points were so if I did happen to find something rare on the radar I would have went to each of those, but with the tracking being broken, I was always finding either the Pokemon that looked furtherest away or Pokemon that weren't even on the radar to start with.  Very rarely did I ever find the exact Pokemon I was looking.

Seriously, this bug has been going on so long and now people are getting super annoyed and are grouping up to dropping the app until Niantic get things sorted (some have been turned away forever due to the lack of communication).  I'm someone who has patience of a bumpy launch being a veteran MMO player, I can understand why some of the newer players of these type of games are getting annoyed though.  I believe everything will be fixed though.

Did you restart the game after renaming the Eevee? You have to restart before you evolve to ensure the servers recognize that you named them this.

I didn't do this. I renamed it, and then evolved about a minute later. Good to know.

Ive almost got enough candy for two more Evee evolves. However, the one I used was 497 and my next two best are 403... :(

Edited by Hemiak

I didn't do this. I renamed it, and then evolved about a minute later. Good to know.

Ive almost got enough candy for two more Evee evolves. However, the one I used was 497 and my next two best are 403... :(

lol your eevees still have higher CP than my best pokemon :(

lol your eevees still have higher CP than my best pokemon :(

The Flareon I evolved last night came up with a whopping 1063 CP, which is the highest on my roster. The bad thing is I'd already evolved and leveled a Flareon to 976, and he's my 2nd highest now. :(

I have a 920 Tangela that has beat 1300 Vaporeons though. :D

Edited by Hemiak

Sort of off topic:

Can anyone who downloaded the APK confirm if you have to restart the game once you download the official app?

No because everything is linked to the google account on the cloud

Just sign in with that account when you downloaded the official app.

Guys i wanted to ask about this new update? There are no new footsteps anymore? Just made the game much harder to understand :/. I'm on holiday and luckily had wifi so was using that and in the area there were 4 pokemon which i haven't had captured before and then like 5 nearby and none of them popped up. Then i closed the app and opened it again and it was the same, walked around everywhere until my connection would cut off and nothing appeared, at first thought it's right next to us since that's what no footsteps would mean. But that wasn't the case, missed out on so many pokemon, the country i'm on holiday right now never get that many pokemon :(, missed a charmander etc

Guys i wanted to ask about this new update? There are no new footsteps anymore? Just made the game much harder to understand :/. I'm on holiday and luckily had wifi so was using that and in the area there were 4 pokemon which i haven't had captured before and then like 5 nearby and none of them popped up. Then i closed the app and opened it again and it was the same, walked around everywhere until my connection would cut off and nothing appeared, at first thought it's right next to us since that's what no footsteps would mean. But that wasn't the case, missed out on so many pokemon, the country i'm on holiday right now never get that many pokemon :(, missed a charmander etc

http://kotaku.com/thats-one-way-to-fix-pokemon-gos-three-step-glitch-1784589719

The update sucks. 

Pokemon catching has become totally random, but on balance is harder overall. I've had CP800+ pokemon caught in normal balls, then had a CP150 Pidgey eat its way through 8 Ultra Balls (I had no other balls on me). The pokemon seem a lot more primed to jump around; fight; and run away when you're attempting to catch them than they were 2 days ago. 

Edit: Sat at my desk, no pokestops nearby but sometime a pokemon appears near enough for me to try and catch it. A Paras appears, "should be easy", I have a go. Only CP150 - should be able to do it with normal balls. 5 Normal balls, 3 of them "great shots". Jumps out of them all. I have a go with a great ball - great shot! - little fucker jumps straight out and runs away. Seriously Niantic, sort this shit out because your update has made what was a lot of low effort fun into an exercise in frustration. 

Most important has been the crack-down on PokeVision and sites like it. I was having much more fun when I actually knew where I was going once a pokemon I wanted popped up "nearby". I don't live in the most heavily populated area, and it is simply too unreliable to set off in a random direction and hope that you come across the pokemon you're after. 

I'll keep playing for now, but it has become so painful and frustrating overall that I don't know if I'll bother for much longer unless they fix this tracking thing. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

reason why I used pokevision on the first place was because of the 3 step glitch.

disappointed how they took down pokevision but didn't fix that glitch, instead removing steps completely. I can only hope the 1,2,3 steps come back, watching me getting closer to the desired pokemon was part of the fun but now I've forgotten how that ever felt like.

• Like 1

A load of redditors are going for refunds of any in-app purchases. Might appeal to you if you too are fucked off by Niantic's bullshit. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4vgncl/psa_itunes_refundpokemon_go_purchases/

All dem banned accounts.  Reddit gets way too mad.  The fact is, Pokevision had no permission to do what they were doing.  Yes, it was nice to have when the tracking was broken.  But without permission, they were breaking Niantic's Terms and Conditions.  Niantic I'm sure is working on fixing the Nearby issue, it is much more difficult than people seem to think.  It started off with the mini-map they displayed when you captured the Pokemon, this give too much of an exact location of your whereabouts, so they broadened it to only show the town/city you got it from, not the whole street etc.  By doing this, they caused the 3 step bug to happen.

The only reason why they have turned the feature off altogether I would say is because it didn't work at all, why bother having it running when they haven't fixed it yet? It will return I'm sure.

But just a warning to anyone who wants refunds, expect your account to be banned because of chargebacks, especially if you are doing it via Android.  It won't happen right away; but it will happen, I say, wait it out and everything will eventually be fine.

• Like 1

All dem banned accounts.  Reddit gets way too mad.  The fact is, Pokevision had no permission to do what they were doing.  Yes, it was nice to have when the tracking was broken.  But without permission, they were breaking Niantic's Terms and Conditions.  Niantic I'm sure is working on fixing the Nearby issue, it is much more difficult than people seem to think.  It started off with the mini-map they displayed when you captured the Pokemon, this give too much of an exact location of your whereabouts, so they broadened it to only show the town/city you got it from, not the whole street etc.  By doing this, they caused the 3 step bug to happen.

The only reason why they have turned the feature off altogether I would say is because it didn't work at all, why bother having it running when they haven't fixed it yet? It will return I'm sure.

But just a warning to anyone who wants refunds, expect your account to be banned because of chargebacks, especially if you are doing it via Android.  It won't happen right away; but it will happen, I say, wait it out and everything will eventually be fine.

I think part of the reason for the outcry is due to Niantic's poor communication with its user base. did they ever say they were bringing back the tracker? maybe I missed the announcement somewhere.

Edited by jaehyun1009