Tips for Pokemon Go

AkasunaUchiha

Evolved Pokemon in the wild are weak tbh. You are much better off to farm the first form, use the one with the best IV (if it's one of the top, if not, evolve whatever has the highest CP) then evolve. I found a Haunter in the wild and ended up with one of the weakest Gengars ever.. He's not in the top, but still if I had just grinded out those extra candies I would have maybe had a 1000+ Gengar instead.

Yeah, I still went ahead and evolved the next step when I was ready to power level, and the ones I evolved myself were usually 2-3x as powerful as the one I found. This happened with Dodrio, Poliwhirl, Weepingbell, Kakuna, and Golbat, to name a few.

Ive got a 667 Slow poke and about 42 candy for him. Last night however I found a 1230 Slowbro on our ride. Can't complain about that.

Ive actually just started ignoring several of the 2nd forms of many of the weaker Pokémon. Catching them for 4 candy simply isn't worth the resources. And I can guarantee that Raticate or Pidgeotto isn't going to make it onto my battle team.

Edited by Hemiak

I just put my first pokemon in a gym and obviously went to collection the pokecoins, i got them but when i try go to the shop to purchase something with them, it's just a white screen, i've closed and opened the app but i still have the same problem :/

That happens to me when my connection is bad. Usually it just takes a few seconds to load, though.

I just put my first pokemon in a gym and obviously went to collection the pokecoins, i got them but when i try go to the shop to purchase something with them, it's just a white screen, i've closed and opened the app but i still have the same problem :/

Not always connection problems, there's a bug associated with the sightings tab displaying no Pokemon for like 30 seconds which also affects the loading of stop, gyms and shop, they come back once the sightings come back but you have to be quick cause they disappear again and again, been talking to alot of folk who have this issue too. Thought it was GPS issues but everything else thats uses it seems fine. Started happening when Niantic where getting the ban hammers out :/

I think that if you drive and once the game realises you are in a car and gives the passenger warning notification, it will just destine you with a crap pokemon in your egg but if you walk and play, you will get a good pokemon from your hatched eggs :/ 

Eggs are decided from the moment you get them.  I hatched a Bulbasaur and Hitmonchan today while in the car.

It's just really to make sure you are not the driver, it's kind of to cover Niantic themselves if people have a car crash over playing this game.  Niantic made sure they weren't the driver, if they were the driver and ended up in an crash etc, Niantic will be covered, they did the best they could do to make sure people weren't driving and playing.

Haven't played this game properly in a week. Sightings, stops and gyms won't load periodically and even sometimes won't load stops or gyms on start up of the app. Tried everything and nothing help, today the map is completely empty and that's after restarting it numerous times, the game at least in my opinion is considered broken :/

Haven't played this game properly in a week. Sightings, stops and gyms won't load periodically and even sometimes won't load stops or gyms on start up of the app. Tried everything and nothing help, today the map is completely empty and that's after restarting it numerous times, the game at least in my opinion is considered broken :/

the game works perfectly fine with me, just opened it and played around 

Ah i don't think the glitch works with the Bubble attack and diglett anymore for higher exp :/ tried it and it didn't work like it was shown on the video. anyways what's this new update? appraise?! what does that do?

Basically gives you a rough idea if your Pokemon's IV stats are good or not.

I've noticed that once you pass level 20 that the Pokemon, even low level cp (say Weedles, Pidgey or Rattata under 50cp as an example) have become much harder to catch.  I could grab them with 1 normal poke ball before that but now it takes 2-3+ balls and some even run away.  Higher CP Pokemon are even harder.  This is okay I guess for higher level CP as I'd expect that but the farming method for XP of low level CPs evolves with a lucky egg will not work to well now.

I sense at this point the game is now trying to focus you on gyms and egg hatches rather than trying to catch lots of Pokemon.  For me I live in a rural area were gyms and even poke stops are rare (my nearest gym is 15km away) so the play ability of the game while at home has become stagnant. Niantic will need to address this or the game will ultimately die off as casual players will just get bored and move onto other games.

As for tips, I have a few simple ones which may have been mentioned before but I'll add mine here anyhow:

• I cannot understate this enough! Resist the need to spend your stardust early on, you are wasting it.  I'd say don't spend any stardust at all until you are close or after level 20.  Once you get to that level if you don't have much stardust you will struggle to power up the Pokemon you really want to use for gym battles and defending.
  • Use the 2k eggs on the unlimited incubator only and don't waste the breakable incubators on the 2k eggs.  Save them for the 5k and 10k ones.
  • Activate as may eggs of the same type (5k etc...) at the same time and ensure you use a lucky egg when they are ready to hatch.  You will get loads of XP using this method.  This is kinda obvious but will mention it anyhow.
Edited by markcavan
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...